Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely covering. Seen some shenanigans on accumulators today, but they're mostly all over the place, but trending up. Says short covering to me, given circumstances.

Smart Shorts that did so in the 370-380s probably exiting ahead of earnings, taking profit. Just like smart longs (not me :eek:) exited some of there positions at ATH, taking profit.

Not all shorts are dumb. They are just trying to make a profit. Yes, they are betting against the company/mission statement to an extent but really never thought the company would fold. They are traders.

Now, there are some shorts that want to drive the company out of business. These are the 'toxic' shorts some of which are paid by the 'evil empire' (oil/other OEMs)

Panasonic CEO says could soon increase output at Tesla's gigafactory battery plant
BY Reuters
— 4:23 AM ET 10/31/2017

TOKYO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Panasonic Corp (PCRFF) Chief Executive Kazuhiro Tsuga said on Tuesday that output could soon be increased at Tesla Inc's (TSLA) "gigafactory" battery plant as the causes of production bottlenecks for Tesla's Model 3 are now understood.

Luxury electric vehicle maker Tesla said early this month that "production bottlenecks" had left the company behind its planned ramp-up for the new Model 3 mass-market sedan.

The plant is operated jointly by Panasonic (PCRFF) and Tesla. Panasonic (PCRFF) produces battery cells for Tesla's electric vehicles, while Tesla makes battery packs using the cells. (Reporting by Makiko Yamazaki; Editing by Christopher Cushing)
There were/are probably other problems as well (or why did it take so long for Elon to go to the Gigafactory) but if that’s the only remaining problem I think it’s the best possible news. Tesla has benn producing packs from years. It’s an issue that is under there control and something that they should be able to solved relatively quickly

Back in the Channel...

Attachments

• Tesla d.png
    Tesla d.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 71
Aging process is 2 weeks, but I don't see why Panasonic couldn't keep running production until all the aging racks are full...

Who knows, maybe they already did, and they had to slow down to produce at a rate consistent with the rate of pack production taking the aged cells off the aging racks? So once they start coming off the racks faster, they can start putting them on the racks faster.

Smart Shorts that did so in the 370-380s probably exiting ahead of earnings, taking profit. Just like smart longs (not me :eek:) exited some of there positions at ATH, taking profit.

Not all shorts are dumb. They are just trying to make a profit. Yes, they are betting against the company/mission statement to an extent but really never thought the company would fold. They are traders.

Now, there are some shorts that want to drive the company out of business. These are the 'toxic' shorts some of which are paid by the 'evil empire' (oil/other OEMs)

Meh I wouldn't be so sure about those " smart shorts ". Those " smart shorts " that are now taking profits after shorting when the SP was at ATH, could be the same that will short TSLA when it will reach 420, and they will get real burnt because it might quickly run up to 500...

It's all a matter of perspective and time.

I've been trolling here for quite a while. Been hesitant to post while I held a short position. Haha.

I'm a retired software exec and right now I run my own money. I have a small shop with 2 analysts. We use and interesting combination of technical analysis and sentiment data we mine and process from the web.

The sentiment had gotten so bad we covered our short yesterday when the 200 day held. Got in a half position at 325 today. Will add another half position once we get a close over the 100 day. Hard stop at 310 for Thursday. Looking for 475 sometime in Q2.

Would have really liked to have seen 290 before today just too get as many folks trapped as possible, but there is still enough short interest to push this to ATH by year end. Right now Tesla isn't a tech company, it isn't an energy company, it is just a Model 3 company. Results form the quarter won't matter good or bad. Just a little reassurance production is on track and its back to the races.

Longer term (24-36 months) I do think the common gets wiped out, but not for the reasons any of the bears think.

GLTA

Status
Not open for further replies.