Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 MS 100D Battery Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my ‘17 MS 100D with 35k miles. From what I ready they had a range of 335 miles when new. When I picked it up I had them charge it to 100% to see what it was and it was only around 303. When I charge to 90% I get 280. Is there a recalibration I need to do? I wouldn’t think it would have that much degradation already. Thanks

~10% is pretty standard for a ~5 year old car. I see nothing unusual about the #'s you've provided. If anything, that 90% number seems a bit high given the current range at 100% SoC. There's a lot of factors to account for such as drive style, weather, tire pressure, wind, etc. that can skew any of those numbers a little bit to a lot depending on the combination & severity.

Reactions: ucmndd and Rocky_H
I just got my ‘17 MS 100D with 35k miles. From what I ready they had a range of 335 miles when new. When I picked it up I had them charge it to 100% to see what it was and it was only around 303. When I charge to 90% I get 280. Is there a recalibration I need to do? I wouldn’t think it would have that much degradation already. Thanks
I have the same exact car as you with about 61k now, its about the same range, it settles in about 8-10% degradition. I wouldnt worry too much about it, even the stated range of 335 was not really accurate, in real driving conditions.

I have the same exact car as you with about 61k now, its about the same range, it settles in about 8-10% degradition. I wouldnt worry too much about it, even the stated range of 335 was not really accurate, in real driving conditions.
actually my latest issue, which im also not too worried about is that it wont let me chage to 100, it stops at 97 or 98. have you experienced that with your car when trying to 100? I normally charge to 80, so I dont really charge to 100 ever, just for long trips.

My 2107 MS 100D is at 77k miles and 90% is 290 miles, and 100% charges up to 319. 90% charging every day all day since new. I recommend charging to 100% slowly once in a while, by adjusting the amps in the car down to 5 amps and letting it charge that way slowly overnight to 100%. Seems to recalibrate my BMS. Do it once a year or so. Lotsa opinions of BMS balancing on these forums. I do what seems to work for me. .02

March 2017 S100D. I only saw the 330 100% for a few minutes. Then settled around 305.

I recently put on arachnid staggered rims and low profile tires. Now my 90% is 254. Not sure what it would be with the original tires.