Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Supercharge Expansion Map - Missouri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really hard to tell on the 2017 map where they are forecasting. There is one listed in central Missouri that is between Columbia, Rolla and Springfield but it doesn't appear to be in Jefferson City (the pin appears to be west of that). Does anyone know where that one is going to be? Lake Ozark maybe?

Not sure, but Lake Ozark would be a good choice. Still not seeing anything between Springfield/Rolla and Memphis...that trip is not drivable at this time, which is frustrating. I emailed ChargePoint to encourage them to put in a CHAdeMO in Joplin or West Plains as a bridge.

I'm hopeful that the 2018 supercharger map might show one for Willow Springs or Cabool. Nothing wrong with West Plains and it is definitely the best place for area amenities but the two cities above would be at the junctions of US 60 and 63 and could still serve traffic headed to West Plains, MO or Jonesboro, AR (another place that could and should get one eventually).

@ efusco, I looked at the ChargePoint page the other day to request some chargers down I-55, but they seemed to want contact info for specific locations and I haven't had any conversations with anyone. Did you have to put contact info or just recommend the cities in general? I may need to look again.

I do think West Park Mall in Cape Girardeau, would be a great place to have some DCFC stations, though. Decent size college town.

I'm hopeful that the 2018 supercharger map might show one for Willow Springs or Cabool. Nothing wrong with West Plains and it is definitely the best place for area amenities but the two cities above would be at the junctions of US 60 and 63 and could still serve traffic headed to West Plains, MO or Jonesboro, AR (another place that could and should get one eventually).

@ efusco, I looked at the ChargePoint page the other day to request some chargers down I-55, but they seemed to want contact info for specific locations and I haven't had any conversations with anyone. Did you have to put contact info or just recommend the cities in general? I may need to look again.

I do think West Park Mall in Cape Girardeau, would be a great place to have some DCFC stations, though. Decent size college town.
I filled out some sort of online form with contact information then filled out my request in the comments. Got a thank you email (personalized) within 48 hours back.