Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if it's still in 5YD status for VIN does that mean it hasn't been given one yet?

Getting a little more nervous about the production date as I would like to not deal with the worry that we won't get the rebate if congress happens to figure out someway to pass their tax bill.

So if it's still in 5YD status for VIN does that mean it hasn't been given one yet?

Getting a little more nervous about the production date as I would like to not deal with the worry that we won't get the rebate if congress happens to figure out someway to pass their tax bill.

What do you mean by "5YD"? Shouldn't it mean "5YJ" which means Tesla Motors Inc.?

Last edited:
My husband and I placed an order for the 75D on Oct 28th, confirmed on Oct 31st. Our vin is 774xx. Just like everyone here, we've been waiting oh so impatiently. I decided to email our DS today but have not gotten a response yet (I know that they must be crazy busy!). So I decided to contact the Sales Manager we placed our order with and he said "I just checked online with the estimated production completion date for your car and it currently shows 11/27/2017." We currently live in Los Angeles but are taking delivery in Massachusetts so add and extra 2 weeks for delivery.

Based on our estimated timeline we gathered off the grid and info from folks here, that sounds about right! It just sucks that the update on account still says that we are scheduled for production. Wish it was more up to date.

Nonetheless, I'm excited!!

FYI, 100D and 75D are in two different queues. And the queue for 100D is apparently shorter, by about 2 months. So if someine

What do you mean by "5YD"? Shouldn't it mean "5YJ" which means Tesla Motors Inc.?
5YJ is what I meant. The same question applies. If the VIN says that, does that mean it hasn't even gotten an official VIN then?

The reason i ask is i see other people in my state that ordered later than I (75D also) and have full # Vins already

5YJ is what I meant. The same question applies. If the VIN says that, does that mean it hasn't even gotten an official VIN then?

The reason i ask is i see other people in my state that ordered later than I (75D also) and have full # Vins already

All Tesla VINs start with "5YJ" so that is common. But if yours only has those 3 characters with nothing else, then something is not right. Mine either displayed nothing, or the whole VIN of "5YJXCDE24HF0xxxxx". I would suggest to ask Tesla directly.

@RazeaC

"Now it gets really confusing. This might prove that they are not making cars in sequence. I think they prioritize in the US or inventory cars..."

I ordered a MX 100D on October 12th, and had my order confirmed on Oct. 19th. VIN high 74XXX. Had statuses with production and consequently transport from Fremont to US harbor for shipping, and on Nov. 19th the status changed to "Your Tesla has been loaded onto a vessel and is en route to Europe." Estimated delivery range is still December - early January, as it has been since Nov. 19th, but if one assumes that the ship left San Fransisco on Nov. 19th, and it takes 17 days by cargo ship directly to Drammen, Norway, I believe the car could be in Norway as early as Dec. 6th, but lets add a week in case the ship stops in the Netherlands first ++. Then the car will be in Drammen on Dec. 13th. Add a day or two for the customs clearance and paper work, and Tesla's salesperson her in Norway will be point on. He called me a couple of weeks ago and said that I would receive the car a few days before Christmas.

So I don't belive that Tesla gives a higher priority to customers in the US, but what I heard (and have mentioned in this tread earlier); the delivery-time for a MX 100 is shorter compared to MX75... So given the circumstances concerning production when I had my order confirmed on Oct. 19th - if the car is delivered just before Christmas, it means that the total waiting-time from the time you order an MX100 in Norway, to delivery, is about 8-9 weeks.

Oct 3 order Oct 7 confirmation. X100D VIN 074XXX. Mid-Atlantic USA delivery. 5 Seat Midnight Silver Metallic, EA and PUP. Today is my delivery day. Or tomorrow, because I received a call that they broke a trim piece wiring the tow hitch yesterday. So a part is ordered that should be delivered today. If you can believe that!

Reactions: zomx
Interesting...Just checked my Tesla account and it no longer gives me an estimated deliver day. Was December - Early January. I've been told by DS delivery will be Dec 29, but OA said should be by 20th of December. Vin 76XXX

Not to get your hopes up, as I am sure every situation is different, but originally my DS told me Dec 19 and last weekend I received an e-mail completely out of the blue from the DS to schedule the delivery for Nov 21 - - almost 1 month earlier than what he told me! So you never know - you may be very very surprised.

Reactions: DoubleDownOn9
Interesting...Just checked my Tesla account and it no longer gives me an estimated deliver day. Was December - Early January. I've been told by DS delivery will be Dec 29, but OA said should be by 20th of December. Vin 76XXX

My delivery window also disappeared from the website today. Was January/Early February. MX75D; VIN 77xxx. Is this a website issue or does it actually mean something?

My delivery window also disappeared from the website today. Was January/Early February. MX75D; VIN 77xxx. Is this a website issue or does it actually mean something?

Sounds like it happened for everyone. The news on the street is that it's also the first day of public configuration for the Model 3. So they just probably did some house cleaning on the whole system. I don't think anything has changed from our perspective. I think it's likely that if you ordered a 100D you'll get the car a week sooner than expected. That seems to be the trend right now.