Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.10.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome, that did take some typing, but it did work. Mine is the new Intel chip
Tip:
You can copy & paste a link into a calendar event note for a time later in the same day you will use it and touch the link in the calendar app in the car to open the link. I’m taking delivery of my MS100D @11:00 this morning. Supposed to be MCU2.
I’m all set to test it...
CD8803BE-FBDA-493F-8511-BFBDFCBE9F24.jpeg

Tip:
You can copy & paste a link into a calendar event note for a time later in the same day you will use it and touch the link in the calendar app in the car to open the link. I’m taking delivery of my MS100D @11:00 this morning. Supposed to be MCU2.
I’m all set to test it...
View attachment 289887

That tip is neat.
Congratulations to your new MS . Mine is 7 days old now .

Found where I read this;

I need to make some changes to the page because it incorrectly has an empty value for `Navigator.platform` for the 2018 MCU (because I didn't know what it was). It doesn't affect the functionality of the page, but I don't like being entirely incorrect :)

Unfortunately JSFiddles can't be changed once published if you link to a specific revision. I made the JSFiddle page, but I don't own or control the `teslamcu.xyz` domain name. Do we know who controls it?
At some point this linked to an outdated version of the actual file:
https://jsfiddle.net/qja8wjxc/30/show
According to the person who wrote it.

I am really looking forward to all your comments regarding improvements 10.6 brings to the table. My car is still being babysat by the SC. For some reason unbeknownst to me they want to hold onto it for another day. They say it is to download the logs.. Huh? Grrrrrrr.....

Just tested AP on the highway after the upgrade to 10.6 and I am pretty sure that it is the new improved version with the new NN. The car drives much more human-like and handles cresting hills better. Probably the biggest tip off is that automatic lane changes are much smoother and less abrupt.

S75D delivered last week with MCU2 and 2018.10.2 - notified this evening that 10.6 was ready to download. That was at 9pm and the estimated completion time was 1hr 50 minutes. I just went into the garage to check on it at 9:30pm and it was done. I don’t know the reason it went much quicker than predicted, but maybe it’s MCU2 or perhaps my wifi is faster than average? I will check out the differences in 10.6 in the morning.
As I understand it, once you get the notification, software is already downloaded.
You just initiate the installation.
In fact once I left the service center and said I wasn’t going to be near Wi-Fi to download it.
They told me I didn’t require any Internet access because the update was in fact already downloaded.
I Initiated the installation in a parking lot and it completed the installation while I was playing golf.
I think they estimate a very high value to let you know that you won’t be able to drive the car for some period of time, so you won’t initiate it if you need to use the car sooner than the amount of time indicated.

Just tested AP on the highway after the upgrade to 10.6 and I am pretty sure that it is the new improved version with the new NN. The car drives much more human-like and handles cresting hills better. Probably the biggest tip off is that automatic lane changes are much smoother and less abrupt.

The vehicle displayed a release note after the update . Did you read it?
Mine said clearly it is for the trunk