Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.44.30.2 downloaded to 100%, then poof, gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically that. Watched in my app as the update got to 100% (downloading) and stayed there for about ten minutes. Then the progress bar disappeared and the app went back to how it always looks. Didn’t get the notification to install it.

Did the scroll wheel reset and no luck. Says “software up to date as of [now] in the software tab in the car. Any thoughts?

Reactions: beachmiles
Same happened to me. 2023.44.30.2 was offered in the middle of the night last night and it downloaded to 100% and was just waiting for me to click install. It sat there patiently asking me to install all day. Every time I got in the car, I got the update nag but didn't want to do it until I got home. I got off a little early and I remember the nag to install it when I got in the car at work. I have a 10 min commute home and when I got home, **poof** the update is gone completely. The car's UI now says I'm up to date again on 2023.44.1. The app also no longer shows a downloaded update ready to install.

Last edited:
I decided I didn't want the 'enhanced more aggressive' (per the release notes) nags on old Autopilot (which is what I use for long trips instead of FSD, which false nags *continuously* on straight freeways, even with all the right kinds of torque and staring like a zombie directly ahead) and I didn't want the upgrade nag every time I get in the car so I tried the service menu "reinstall s/w" feature -- it reinstalled the current version I was using and the upgrade popup went away. I'm assuming it will check in via wifi overnight and re-download it so I changed the password on the wifi, that should reduce the frequency (they'll have to push it via the cellular modem).

Point is you can make the continuous upgrade nag go away with the 'reinstall' option if you don't want to accept features being removed. I like the maps so I don't want to disable the cellular connection but it might come to that. I use a phone for most stuff so I'm fine not connecting to their cloud (if someone comes up with a 'shim' to enable carplay I won't need their cloud service for anything including maps - though finding superchargers will be less convenient).

I had the same experience, 2023.44.30.2 downloaded yesterday, but I didn't install it right away, and then it just disappeared. I also assume it was recalled as both .3 and .4 are out. Good to know it wasn't a random glitch in my car.

I like the maps so I don't want to disable the cellular connection but it might come to that. I use a phone for most stuff so I'm fine not connecting to their cloud

What features will you lose if you disable cellular? When I am out of range of cell signal (frequent for me), I lose route mapping capability (and vast swaths of my screen will be blank if I try and zoom in for details), super charger availability, Spotify, Tunein, the built in streaming app, and I guess Tidal. I lose voice command and voice to text texting. Obviously, no entertainment options like Youtube or Netflix. Not sure about games, I don't use them.

The loss of voice command and music options would be enough for me to walk away from the car entirely. I fight to operate my car enough without having to fight with work-arounds for the work-arounds to basic stuff like opening the glove box or figuring out my ETA and texting my host.

At that point, why not just buy a real premium car and give up owning a Tesla? You'll be less of a menace on the road because you won't be doing all those things by physically using your phone or working your way through the menus on the screen cuz you don't have voice-command.

Update: I called Tesla and they said it looks like my update didn’t complete for whatever reason. They told me to open a service ticket and they should be able to push me a new update. Still waiting on that. Not concerned. Like others have mentioned, it’s possible they pulled a version of the update after it was already downloading on some cars, so they prevented it from being installed.

Stuck
1703219918410.jpeg

Stuck
1703219961371.png

did the reset, NG

Now what?

Glad I found this post. I was worried there was something wrong with my car. Hope they just put our vehicles on the .4 update list so this can go away. One question though, do your cars have ultra sonic sensors? Wondering if this is something we have in common that may the root of the problem.

23 MY and is stuck at downloading 2023.44.30.6 at 100% since Dec. 20th. Tried soft resetting (2 buttons) and the Power off from the Safety screen and still is stuck. Car is plugged in - do I need to have the car unplugged to have this work?

Also logged a service ticket on the 20th but no response yet. This is my first service ticket - does it normally take this long?

23 MY and is stuck at downloading 2023.44.30.6 at 100% since Dec. 20th. Tried soft resetting (2 buttons) and the Power off from the Safety screen and still is stuck. Car is plugged in - do I need to have the car unplugged to have this work?

Also logged a service ticket on the 20th but no response yet. This is my first service ticket - does it normally take this long?
Go for a drive it will clear
Mine cleared although it has not reattempted an update
No holiday update here
My M3 got it no issues, love having Apple Podcasts