Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
actually meant .13. i can't seem to figure out how to edit my message.

i've had multiple updates of .13 since May 15.
You have to hit the more link, then edit. You have a limited time to edit a post. After that you’ll need to ask the moderator to edit it.
F31E7A97-64A1-4088-9A32-0045DC687359.jpeg

148E25CE-0B9D-485B-A1EC-F67678C6E6CB.jpeg

I love all these "reports" of people seeing improvements in things that probably weren't even touched. Bet these threads give the Tesla engineers a great laugh :)

Super ballsy to do a broad push of a FW update before a holiday travel weekend, esp. when the factory will be closed next week & many folks probably won't be around. This could go horribly wrong.

Part of me thinks they'd only do a broad push this fast IF it contained the brake fix. But I also think that if it DID contain that fix, Elon would already be drunk tweeting "told you we could fiks it biches…." at everyone that was blasting Tesla after the CR review.

I just updated and didn't notice any other UI changes except for the quick change icons for mirror and steering wheel adjustments. It did make all my favorite streaming station icons turn blank. I spent 15 minutes trying to get them to re-appear by rebooting, removing/adding, etc, with various levels of success (some icons would come back, others wouldn't). The only way to make them all come back was to un-favorite all of them then re-favorite all of them. Supremely annoying due to the change in the media player behavior that causes it to minimize every time a new station is chosen. I'm just hoping it sticks and that they don't all turn blank again when I start the car in the morning.

IMG_20180525_224157.jpg

I’ve just received notification of an update, but am on a road trip in an area with minimal cell service. Why are people speculating about this update? I will not update until Tesla documents the changes in new release notes.
Very funny! Tesla never even tells you what version the downloaded update is before you install it (it's just "do you feel lucky?"). Then once you install it there are either minimal or no release notes. These guys spend their time writing code, not release notes. Get used to it. I doubt it will change any time soon.

• Informative
Reactions: 0ptions
For those that got the update. Did it make a bunch of weird noises? Did the screen freeze? And restarted itself?

This was my first update since getting the car and I sat in for 5 mins just to see what it would do because I only get 2 lte bars in my garage. I wanted to make sure it would be enough. It started making weird clicking sounds at the bottom of the car, the sound seemed to come from near the rear wheels. These were concerning sounds. The screen flashed as well as auto pilot icon flashed yellow. Lights flickered on and off and the screen froze. I was also charging the car and it started making this loud buzz noise ( not normal charging ) that made me decide to unplug and the noised stopped. The screen restarted it self, I checked the update log and only saw the music and auto highbeam which I know was already loaded on my car before all of this. Did my car update?!

actually meant .13. i can't seem to figure out how to edit my message.

i've had multiple updates of .13 since May 15.

Fairly certain you're mistaken. I have an employee friend who is part of the firmware early access program (he gets pushed the latest firmware nightly) and on 5/15 I was in his car and it was on 18.3

Additionally, the final part of the x.y.z version isn't going to stay the same across builds.

Last edited:
Regarding vampire drain and TeslaFi, my car hasn't slept yet. It's been in idle since the update completed yesterday. I haven't driven or attempted reboot yet so maybe I'll see different behavior later today.

I have had .13 since may 22. I posted some changes under the .3 post not noticing the difference of the last digits.

Couple of things i noticed the charger plug releases without having to tap, unlock or open anything else on the car.
The other thing is I do not have to double tap the trunk to open the car while it is waking up on the app.
I have an iPhone se.

This update of the things that have changed for me may not be applicable for everyone else. I believe it is a step Tesla is taking to to find a resolution for connectivity on our phone keys.

Regarding vampire drain and TeslaFi, my car hasn't slept yet. It's been in idle since the update completed yesterday. I haven't driven or attempted reboot yet so maybe I'll see different behavior later today.

Interesting. I just came here to report that mine went back to sleep after my first drive post-update. It's been asleep for 7+ hours without waking up per TeslaFi.

For those that got the update. Did it make a bunch of weird noises? Did the screen freeze? And restarted itself?

This was my first update since getting the car and I sat in for 5 mins just to see what it would do because I only get 2 lte bars in my garage. I wanted to make sure it would be enough. It started making weird clicking sounds at the bottom of the car, the sound seemed to come from near the rear wheels. These were concerning sounds. The screen flashed as well as auto pilot icon flashed yellow. Lights flickered on and off and the screen froze. I was also charging the car and it started making this loud buzz noise ( not normal charging ) that made me decide to unplug and the noised stopped. The screen restarted it self, I checked the update log and only saw the music and auto highbeam which I know was already loaded on my car before all of this. Did my car update?!

Yes, weird noises from the undercarriage will happen during updates. I’m pretty sure once your Model 3 notifies you that an update is available said update has already been downloaded and is just waiting for the install to kick off. I doubt it even cares if it has a cell signal at this point.

I’m sure your Model 3 did update successfully. This was my 6th update in just 8 weeks of owning my Model 3. Of those 6 updates only one had an installation issue, which my Model 3 did display an error message about. That was easily fixed by Tesla, they simply pushed the same update to my car again and the second install attempt was successful.

My advice to you is to just start the update and do something else while it installs. If it has a problem installing your Model 3 will tell you. Even if it did encounter some sort of issue during installation there is likely nothing you’d be able to do about it.

And I’d just like to complain yet again on how it doesn’t even show you what version it is until the update is complete. This seems like pure insanity from an IT perspective.

Super ballsy to do a broad push of a FW update before a holiday travel weekend, esp. when the factory will be closed next week & many folks probably won't be around. This could go horribly wrong.
I'm making the wild assumption that the folks doing firmware updates probably aren't affected by the production line shutdown - just a thought.

Yes, weird noises from the undercarriage will happen during updates. I’m pretty sure once your Model 3 notifies you that an update is available said update has already been downloaded and is just waiting for the install to kick off. I doubt it even cares if it has a cell signal at this point.

I’m sure your Model 3 did update successfully. This was my 6th update in just 8 weeks of owning my Model 3. Of those 6 updates only one had an installation issue, which my Model 3 did display an error message about. That was easily fixed by Tesla, they simply pushed the same update to my car again and the second install attempt was successful.

My advice to you is to just start the update and do something else while it installs. If it has a problem installing your Model 3 will tell you. Even if it did encounter some sort of issue during installation there is likely nothing you’d be able to do about it.

And I’d just like to complain yet again on how it doesn’t even show you what version it is until the update is complete. This seems like pure insanity from an IT perspective.
Yes this was second update of the same update for me this week

Why? What would you do differently if you saw it?

Also, there's no IT department involved here. They are basically updating an appliance. Pretend it's a refrigerator with internet access :)

I would still update, but I would like to know what the version number is and what it contains before scheduling the install. Not everyone participates in forums like this and therefore would not have any idea what the pending update on their car might contain.

Reactions: 0ptions
I would still update, but I would like to know what the version number is and what it contains before scheduling the install. Not everyone participates in forums like this and therefore would not have any idea what the pending update on their car might contain.
Yes, of course we would all like to have all the information we possibly can. So what? What possible advantage does Tesla get from providing this information? They'll just get more questions and concerns from people who haven't a clue. Seriously, it's an appliance. The trend is toward less information, not more. Techies like me will be disappointed, but that's part of going mass market.