Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.28.2 e3592d9 software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outdoors

🌲🛶⛺️🏔♻︎🙂
Supporting Member
Screenshot_20180808-215802_Tesla.jpg
Just downloaded. Nothing new.

Minor bug fixes and improvements.

Will take it for a spin in the morning.

Attachments

• 20180808_215643.jpg
    20180808_215643.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 160
Once again I move to have dedicated stickied threads for major updates. There should just be a 2018.28.x thread, not a new one every time there is a minor incremental update. @ohmman could you please merge this thread with the other one created about 2018.28.1? I grow tired of looking at 6 different threads about the same major version...

Well I just Google it when I get on the car. If nothing comes up there or on the search within TMC. I then put a thread in the car that it was coming on. My Model 3. I was also watching it on Tesla.Fi.

Sorry if I did something wrong:(

You didn’t do anything wrong. I’ve been guilty of creating excess threads about new updates in the past as well. Just trying to get the discussion about updates a little more organized here than it currently is. The Tesla subreddit has “megathreads” for each major version that is released which encompass all the minor incremental updates to that major update. I simply think doing something similar here would be beneficial for all Model 3 owners that participate on TMC.

Once again I move to have dedicated stickied threads for major updates. There should just be a 2018.28.x thread, not a new one every time there is a minor incremental update. @ohmman could you please merge this thread with the other one created about 2018.28.1? I grow tired of looking at 6 different threads about the same major version...
I have the solution for you!

Don't open the thread :)

The title is very clear on it contents.

I just got this update and am convinced that the acceleration profile (esp 0-30mph) has changed.

I got the car back in May and felt that the acceleration was crazy... after one of the updates, it felt slightly slower and I did not believe the threads that others had started. Chalked it up mostly to 'getting used to it'. However, after the 28.2 update, the butt dyno definitely feels it is slightly different and more aggresive, especially since I was *just* doing some hard acceleration before the update on 26.1.

HOWEVER, I hate unqualified claims. CAN ANYONE do some measurements before updating?!

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I have the solution for you!

Don't open the thread :)

The title is very clear on it contents.

That is not my point at all. Sure the thread title is clear and it’s obvious what this thread is about. However is it really all that different from the two separate threads on 2018.28.1? Why not have one dedicated thread that covers all the 2018.28.x updates? It would helpful for those that frequent TMC a little less than us more active members and also hopefully cut down a little on the duplicate threads that are generated. I’m simply suggesting a new way to handle the discussion of new updates that should be beneficial for everyone here.

I just got this update and am convinced that the acceleration profile (esp 0-30mph) has changed.

I got the car back in May and felt that the acceleration was crazy... after one of the updates, it felt slightly slower and I did not believe the threads that others had started. Chalked it up mostly to 'getting used to it'. However, after the 28.2 update, the butt dyno definitely feels it is slightly different and more aggresive, especially since I was *just* doing some hard acceleration before the update on 26.1.

HOWEVER, I hate unqualified claims. CAN ANYONE do some measurements before updating?!

I saw at least two others who received 2018.28.1 say something similar about a slightly more aggressive acceleration at the lower end. I’m hopeful that this is indeed the case and not some placebo effect.

Reactions: Pkmmte
How are you people getting all these updates? I've been updated only once since delivery in early April. Got 18.3 soon after it came out and not a peep since.

You are way way behind! Your Model 3 is missing the ABS improvement that came with 2018.18.13 I believe and who knows how many bug fixes. Definitely call your service center and let them know you haven’t received an update in most likely at least 3 months. It’s possible that an update failed during download or something and is preventing future updates from reaching your Model 3. They should be able to figure out what’s going on from the vehicle logs. They may even be able to force a new update push without you having to bring it in.

I seriously dislike so called 'solutions' that sound like - "Please disable feature that you paid left arm and leg for to enable other feature that you paid right arm and leg for"

While I agree with your desire to access all the features that you paid for on two products that are supposed to be mostly compatible, I personally found that the echo went away for me when I turned off "Phone Noise Cancellation" in my iPhone. I'll turn it back on once this echo issue is completely resolved, but for now I just assume that the Apple Phone Noise Cancellation feature is incompatible with the Tesla Bluetooth Phone Conversation feature and I use the features accordingly ( I don't use bluetooth when I want to use Phone Noise Cancellation and I don't use Phone Noise Cancellation when I want to use Bluetooth. )

That is not my point at all. Sure the thread title is clear and it’s obvious what this thread is about. However is it really all that different from the two separate threads on 2018.28.1? Why not have one dedicated thread that covers all the 2018.28.x updates? It would helpful for those that frequent TMC a little less than us more active members and also hopefully cut down a little on the duplicate threads that are generated. I’m simply suggesting a new way to handle the discussion of new updates that should be beneficial for everyone here.
I agree with this. First drive yesterday after 28.1 I thought acceleration was more lively off the line but also thought I was imagining it.

I agree with this. First drive yesterday after 28.1 I thought acceleration was more lively off the line but also thought I was imagining it.

I was on 26.1 yesterday evening demonstrating 0-60 for a friend a few times. Last night, I got the notification there was an update so I went out to the car and set it to update immediately. This morning, on 28.2, I had an opportunity to make 3 more 0-60 runs from a dead stop and I'm certain there is a little bit more low end grunt than before. The acceleration still doesnt feel totally linear, but much better than my runs on 26.1 last night (and I did not charge last night, I only charge at work).