Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.42.4 NO AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I got 2018.42.4 on my 3D last night, and this morning, no AP available. Tapping the stalk only gives me the error "cruise not available", not even AP not available.

The day before, I had everything working - Nav on auto, etc. Was really enjoying it!

I still have AP options in the menus - so it doesn't seem likely that the feature somehow got dropped from my car.

Thoughts?

You don't get an error about contacting service? I got an error message and EAP, Cruise, Auto lights, Auto Wipers, not sure what else stopped working. I emailed the SC with the VIN and asked them to re-push the 42.4 update and an hr later got a prompt to install, which succeeded and resolved the issues. Don't call the main support # though unless you like waiting on hold and then being told the issue will resolve itself in a future update... Ugh. Did that several times over the weekend with the same response. Dealing with the SC was much more fruitful.

Last edited:
Same thing for me this morning. But reboot does nothing. Someone else posted with the same issue.

Same here. This may not be specific to 42.4.
Also tried power down. Still running 42.2 from early last Wednesday. NoA worked 'fine' yesterday.
Suddenly this morning, 'no cruise' and gray lane lines were fixed and off center. After reboot no lane lines, still no cruise.

I experienced this issue this morning. Call Tesla Tyco Road - they said that they've received 6 calls about the issue this morning, from different customers. They suspect a firmware issue and have a call in to Fremont.

Has anyone else called and been told the same thing? Any idea when a "firmware update" will be pushed over?

I just called them and let them know I'm affected. I just drove 2 hours in the rain without autopilot, cruise control, or auto wipers. I'm relieved that it's not my car, but they really must do whatever they have to do to keep their back-end functioning.
Pretty much unacceptable that it's been all day.

Reactions: MacGreiner
Same issue with my car. Was going to have it checked during another service appointment. It was working at 8AM EST and just stopped working somewhere along my commute. I pulled over and tried a hard reboot but did not fix the issue.

I'm having the same problem, at a service center, weird experience the guy at the front said he needed to take my name "as some people come in asking for free stuff with problems", umm I'm not that kind of customer but okay. The staff said that they had never heard the problem and said to sit down and they'll look into it. Tried customer service, rebooting several times, shut down, supercharging, no change. Nothing automated or related to EAP is working anymore and this car is less than a week old Model 3 Performance+ with EAP and FSD.

Running 42.2 on model 3. Samething happened. Was working fine yesterday and then suddenly this morning the issue showed up. Reboot did not fix anything. Went to Tesla service center and they said they were aware and have been receiving many phone calls about the issue today. They said just hang tight for an update.

Got into my X this evening and AP was not available as others described. I called the service center and they said they will open a ticket. I parked my car and 10 min later, AP is back and as good as before. Running 42.3 AP 2.0.

Not sure what is happening...

I experienced the same thing this morning (no EAP, cruise, etc. from ~7am until ~ 8am). I performed a reboot - didn't fix it; I then suspected a sensor or issue related to the bad weather but wasn't sure. Would be nice to have some type of message that showed real-time information related to large-scale outages, etc.

Reactions: Helmuth and fseir