Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Build MX - Vibration Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been having vibration problems with your MX? Mine is more and more prominent now. Every time I get the vibration (happens mostly on turns - even the slightest of turns, hard u-turns, etc.), I know that something is not right. It's like I can just 'feel' the car shake through the steering wheel and it's hating it! SC brushed this aside saying it's because of lane departure warning, which doesn't make any sense.

Anyone else having this problem, what do you think it is?

Has anyone been having vibration problems with your MX? Mine is more and more prominent now. Every time I get the vibration (happens mostly on turns - even the slightest of turns, hard u-turns, etc.), I know that something is not right. It's like I can just 'feel' the car shake through the steering wheel and it's hating it! SC brushed this aside saying it's because of lane departure warning, which doesn't make any sense.

Looks like you have acceleration shudder issue. Search the forum with keyword "acceleration shudder" and you'll see a bunch of posts on this topic.

• Disagree
Reactions: outie and mxnym
Looks like you have acceleration shudder issue. Search the forum with keyword "acceleration shudder" and you'll see a bunch of posts on this topic.
Acceleration shudder, as its name implies, happens during (hard) acceleration. It is not felt through the steering wheel but more like front/bottom of the car. OP is feeling it through curves on the steering wheel which is exactly what lane departure warning feels like.

The LDW could use a change. I was in the same place when my x was new. I would have never identified the vibration as a lane departure warning. It laterally feels like there is a problem with the suspension as the OP described. I haven't used it since. On a side note about a year later I turned it back on and found myself for days wondering what the heck is wrong with my suspension. Duh! That is how deceptive the warning is.

I noticed this too and it is the LDW. Turn it off and see if you notice it. If you still do then it is probably something to do with the shudder. My car also had a really hard vibration or more like a shake when I accelerated on the freeway once, hasn't shown up again though.

LDW implémentation in Teslas is pretty bad. It's been off in our X since the first few times it activated erroneously.
LDW ...
another great feature - on the AP1 cars only. (sigh) Just like local street/Boulevard autopilot lane changes used to be. Yet, likely another feature we presumably thought would be even more improved - but no. Maybe even never to be reavticated?