Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 m3p demo for 7k off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That means if I’d have waited instead of buying last summer I could have had a P for basically the same price as my LR RWD?

We’re supposed to be upset about this, right?

Yeah. I can’t say I’m not a little upset. My LR RWD was $55,500 in August of last year. I would have never guessed you could get a P at that price just 7-8 months later. Seems weird they could raise prices on the S and X and sell low volumes and survive but now they are selling hundreds of thousands of threes and are barely surviving? Seems weird.

Yeah. I can’t say I’m not a little upset. My LR RWD was $55,500 in August of last year. I would have never guessed you could get a P at that price just 7-8 months later. Seems weird they could raise prices on the S and X and sell low volumes and survive but now they are selling hundreds of thousands of threes and are barely surviving? Seems weird.

Yes I was feeling the same way and started to realize these lower prices will mean your next car will be much cheaper. Tesla is mass producing these cars and getting more efficient which will make them even more cheaper overtime.

I feel for those who bought a initial Performance 3 D. I am in the process of picking up my new P3D with autopilot and upgrading my 3 LR RWD. Same performance car at release was 78k+$1.5k white interior+$1.5k for color+5k for EAP making the total $86k. My new one has regular autopilot so I'll subtract 2k from the old price to make it even, still $84k. Mine was $57k with 9 miles on it and new inventory. That has to be the highest depreciation I've seen on a 3.

Yes I was feeling the same way and started to realize these lower prices will mean your next car will be much cheaper. Tesla is mass producing these cars and getting more efficient which will make them even more cheaper overtime.

I feel for those who bought a initial Performance 3 D. I am in the process of picking up my new P3D with autopilot and upgrading my 3 LR RWD. Same performance car at release was 78k+$1.5k white interior+$1.5k for color+5k for EAP making the total $86k. My new one has regular autopilot so I'll subtract 2k from the old price to make it even, still $84k. Mine was $57k with 9 miles on it and new inventory. That has to be the highest depreciation I've seen on a 3.

Slick deal! I hope this is semi temporary and that it’s just a quarter end push. With more people hearing about these deals, folks might hold off until Tesla discounts cars before buying. That will hurt all of us long term, we need them to succeed.

Slick deal! I hope this is semi temporary and that it’s just a quarter end push. With more people hearing about these deals, folks might hold off until Tesla discounts cars before buying. That will hurt all of us long term, we need them to succeed.

True it's a end of quarter sale but the more people hear about these types of deals will have them wait for sales. I think it spurs short term sales but harmful for the long run. It just leads me to believe the cost difference of a performance car and a base car is negligible. We also bought into the "blowout sale" this quarter and my dad got a brand new P100D with EAP and white interior for $77k. I think Tesla will continue to adjust prices and it's nice to know they can turn profits even after these steep discounts. Wouldn't be surprised if the Model S in 2020 gets a slight refresh and has a new starting price of $55k to compete against the E/5 series/A6. It never stacked up well against the S class and 7 series but with lower prices it will continue to fly out the showrooms.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vickh
100D @ 75K ?? wow surprised but I already see MS 75k at $68K on @EV-CPO. Not sure if Tesla is discounting demos/inventory lower then what's on their site.

Lots of people here paid more for their LR M3! Do you think base M3 prices will come down??

Last edited:

much lower margins on 3, esp for SR