Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 LR RWD Trade In Offers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With me working from home for the forcible future and my wife taking a leave of absence from teaching for the next school year we have no need to pay for two Model 3 to just sit in the garage most of the time. With that said, we thought about trading in one for a Model Y or selling it via Carmax or Carvana; here are the offers we got:

Tesla: $32,000
Carvana: $34,779
Carmax: $35,000

For background, here are the specs on the car:
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Black exterior
Black interior
19" Premium Wheels
Standard Autopilot

Found it interesting Tesla was the lowest. Right now we are planning to sell to Carmax.

With me working from home for the forcible future and my wife taking a leave of absence from teaching for the next school year we have no need to pay for two Model 3 to just sit in the garage most of the time. With that said, we thought about trading in one for a Model Y or selling it via Carmax or Carvana; here are the offers we got:

Tesla: $32,000
Carvana: $34,779
Carmax: $35,000

For background, here are the specs on the car:
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Black exterior
Black interior
19" Premium Wheels
Standard Autopilot

Found it interesting Tesla was the lowest. Right now we are planning to sell to Carmax.
You didn't say how many miles you have but my offers were similar...
  • 2018 Model 3 LR RWD
  • 11.5k miles
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • Black interior
  • 19" Premium Wheels
  • Basic Autopilot
Trade-in offers:
  • Tesla: $32.8k
  • Carvana: $37.25k
  • Vroom: $36k
These offers are much lower than when i checked just before quarantine in late February, for example, Tesla's offer was over $5k higher. Tesla use to be in line w/ Carvana/Vroom but as in your case, is the lowest.

I've also noticed SR+ owners posting about pretty high trade-in offers that are only a few grand off of LR models despite being amost $10k different new. Surprised at how small the delta is between the offers for each