Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold 2018 Model S 100D w/FSD - $49,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I think assuming this is for ride sharing is presumptious. I live in Montana and it can take 6 hours to travel east to west in as straight highway drive as possible. Plus, since getting my model 3 I REALLY like driving that car and found myself doing little trips just for the giggle shits.

I can see a person racking up miles quick on a Tesla if they use for work, enjoyment, and even a little ride sharing (Like I'll be doing here and there).

Plus, what does 150k miles on a 2017-2018 Tesla mean compared to an ICE car beyond battery and the HV system?
If I didn't have to deal with my model 3 for a little while, I would have taken this car.

a 100D model s will be my next car. I've stalking tesla-info.com to learn the market too.

This could all be avoided if opinion-based posts and "thread crapping" were strictly prohibited by forum rules that were clearly posted in this subforum... oh what... they are:

Marketplace Rules

It was a few bad apples that couldn't be respectful on their own that ruined it for everyone. Their continued and ongoing toxicity forced site staff to create such rules in the first place. Respect them or leave.

Reactions: outdoors
Just a soccer and lacrosse parents that drive double that amount now you are concerned about. Live in a big state. Haven't been on a plane in a decade.
Not sure how much you could make per month if that was a personal car for let's say half those miles. Don't ever take a cross country vacation people. They might think you are a ridesharer.

Many people that own the car outright, and have no intention to sell don't care about miles, until they sell. This OP seemed quite upfront about it.

Does anyone really believe. I just drove it highway miles line anyway?
Lol.. so for 5 years this guy made a cross country trip every month? Or he/she racked up 2x the national average for the kiddos sporting events?! Lol.

Look. I drive A LOT. I’ve put similar mileage on my Tesla but not to the tune of 150k in 5 years. I’ve had some 2,000 mile months here and there driving to remote job sites, done the LA to Vegas trip a few times etc..

I would be willing to wager you $1,000 that this vehicle had been used for ride sharing or was on Turo or something like that. 100%.

Rideshare is not the only possible conclusion ... One person can commute 50 miles for work/errands each day, 30 miles to visit GF, weekend trips, and then occasional road trips, easily 30k a year. I say it with personal experience! Though with such high mileage, I will take suspensions, brakes, and MCU upgrade? into considerations. It seems 2017-2019 are best years for MS and the 100D battery holds up extremely well.

…I would be willing to wager you $1,000 that this vehicle had been used for ride sharing or was on Turo or something like that. 100%.
…somebody take their $1000. I have 110k miles on my 2017. I might have been well over 200k if not for the pandemic. Kids activities plus driving vacations plus commuting.

Where is the moderator? Oh yeah, that’s me. Let’s get the OP to clear up the rideshare issue and then I’ll clean up this thread. Not that it matters. Ride share patrons are probably cleaner than my kids. Probably throw up less in the car too. Highway vs city miles are probably less of an issue on an EV with regen.

Reactions: outdoors and ohmman
…somebody take their $1000. I have 110k miles on my 2017. I might have been well over 200k if not for the pandemic. Kids activities plus driving vacations plus commuting.

Where is the moderator? Oh yeah, that’s me. Let’s get the OP to clear up the rideshare issue and then I’ll clean up this thread. Not that it matters. Ride share patrons are probably cleaner than my kids. Probably throw up less in the car too. Highway vs city miles are probably less of an issue on an EV with regen.
You are doing a great job moderating! 👍

Sorry if I did not address earlier... The topic of the car being ride share vs not just seems unbelievably silly and irrelevant, quite frankly. Not sure how it matters at all.

That being said - I unfortunately do not know the answer to the ride share question. I bought this car as my personal daily driver, purchased under a Dealers License I have (for sales tax purposes), therefore it does not count me as a registered owner. I didn't ask about who or how many butts have been in the car as I don't care. At all... I drive the car on a daily basis and don't question what it was used for in its past-life. The mechanical condition of the car and the interior both show for themselves. Obviously the exterior is a little rough around the edges, but I didn't mind as it's really not that bad.

At the end of the day, I'm sorry I can't give a definite answer to the almighty question of ride share or not. Feel free to continue the useless arguing if you want - just do it somewhere else maybe? Unbelievable that someone that's not even interested in the car cares so much about how many people have sat in it....

Status
Not open for further replies.