Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 MS with AP only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I've got the opportunity to purchase a new model S from Tesla but it comes with AP only. No EAP. The VIN is 294,xxx. I asked the OA if the car had EAP and it was removed, she doesn't have an answer.

Does anyone have, or have you seen, a 2018 with no EAP? I gues I'd have to hope for a sale on the FSD if I want it.

Thank you.

Hello,

I've got the opportunity to purchase a new model S from Tesla but it comes with AP only. No EAP. The VIN is 294,xxx. I asked the OA if the car had EAP and it was removed, she doesn't have an answer.

Does anyone have, or have you seen, a 2018 with no EAP? I gues I'd have to hope for a sale on the FSD if I want it.

Thank you.

Yes, they've been removing/changing features on inventory vehicles. During my search for an X, some of the pre-AP+FSD change vehicles were downgraded to AP, some still had EAP (which I got).

It is also possible that the vehicle had EAP originally (if you can locate it in EV-CPO or TeslaCPO), but, whatever they sell it as now is what goes - if you get lucky, and it has EAP features, then, good job. But, if it doesn't, you would have to pay the $6K to upgrade.

I can't find it in EV-CPO and the OA is very thoroughly refusing to answer whether it was removed.

Although I must say when I looked in the archives of EV-CPO I did find that some 18s came with just AP. So maybe it came that way, I am just bummed because I would have to pay 6k to get those additional features.