Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1.2 ......... 8.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds ridiculous BUT supposedly it's in the manual.. I don't even know how it would be related.. BUT....

I've heard that if you have climate control "ON".. meaning you have it set to stay on after you exit your car, that you CANNOT get updates. You must turn it to "OFF" to receive updates.

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER, I'm repeating what someone said they read in the owners manual.
Don’t know about that. But I do know that you can’t install an update while Sentry Mode is activated. At lest you couldn’t several weeks ago. I tried installing remotely and it kept failing. When I got home I noticed the message on the screen that said to disable Sentry Mode to install the update.

• Informative
Reactions: Runnergirl
It is in the Owners Manual... so for anyone not getting updates, make sure your "Keep Climate On" is OFF. .. .and then maybe an update may appear? Worth a try.
IMG_0698.PNG

I never have sentry or AC on, parked in garage with strong wifi, still on 8.6.1. I scheduled service for software update... will have to wait 2 weeks

I had the same issue until I connected to the
Service center's wifi. I was told by a technician at my local service center that if you connect to the centes wifi you will be more likely to receive the updated sooner. Sceptical, I tried it by driving by and connecting for less than a minute. Within 3 hours while at home the update showed up. Coincidence maybe, but if it's not to far for you it's worth a shot.