Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12 - Updated browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone who gets this firmware please let the rest of us know if it causes any problems with Tesla Waze? I don't want to lose that and will likely defer the upgrade until the Tesla Waze creator gives us an all clear...

I just returned from a drug run and Teslawaze DOES NOT load with V9.0 2019.12, which installed this morning

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and hcdavis3
What's your signal strength like? I've noticed that the car likes at least 70-75% Wifi strength otherwise it won't download. Get that as high as you can then reboot with the two scroll wheels

My singla is 100% as i have one of my routers in my garage so that is not a problem. After looking at the cars that are getting updates at my car year - it may be by design. Still stinks i could really use that new update with the updated browser.

Weird. Mine isn't working. Just get a white screen and another interesting thing is the zoom controls and the settings button are almost cut off. They still work when I press them but the settings menu comes up white/blank also. I've rebooted several times...
I've also tried going straight to teslawaze.azurewebsites.net without my settings stored in my normally bookmarked URL.. same behavior.
MVIMG_20190419_205703.jpg

I do not have this .12 update but 8.5. Ever since v9 my browser has never worked consistently and I have finally resorted to using my phone for Waze. All my passengers just wonder that even though I have this huge screen but I still use my tiny phone screen :rolleyes:
Tesla has broken too many things since v9 to get this FSD crap going.

The AP version doesn't affect how well or poorly the browser works. If your car is older than circa March 2018, you have MCU1. You will not get the Chromium updated browser.The browser upgrade is only for cars with MCU2. Sorry.

Mine is a Sept 2017 delivery so I use the whiteboard easter egg trick to get the browser to semi work. But I rarely use it because the browser is so awful.

The AP version doesn't affect how well or poorly the browser works. If your car is older than circa March 2018, you have MCU1. You will not get the Chromium updated browser.The browser upgrade is only for cars with MCU2. Sorry.

Mine is a Sept 2017 delivery so I use the whiteboard easter egg trick to get the browser to semi work. But I rarely use it because the browser is so awful.

Thanks for the clariciation! That stinks though i wish they would make some improvements to MCU1 cars also.

I do not have this .12 update but 8.5. Ever since v9 my browser has never worked consistently and I have finally resorted to using my phone for Waze. All my passengers just wonder that even though I have this huge screen but I still use my tiny phone screen :rolleyes:
Tesla has broken too many things since v9 to get this FSD crap going.

They told me @ the service center they are working on a firmware update to solve this; right after they explained to me that it makes no sense for a car to have a browser!

• Funny
Reactions: am_dmd
Teslawaze/browser does not reliably work in my car. Need to reboot every 2 days or so.

But at least Engineering gave us whoopee cushion sounds. I really needed those.

Wonder what the priorities are over there in Fremont.

Whoopee cushion gets way more use than browser for me.

New update broke location for me in browser and now teslawinds will not update based on my location.