Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(2019.16+) Do you set software update mode to standard or advanced ?

With 2019.16+, do you set software updates to standard or advanced ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way man... never ever do I want to be the 1st to try out a new rev of software. I'll let you chumps test it out first. Then you will come on here and cry about how much it sucks.
That’s kind of the funny thing. These a lot of us here (myself included) who are like “i would give anything to be the first to get this update” but not get chosen, and meanwhile others who don’t want early updates but get offered them....

It seems win win for Tesla to give this kind of preference switch so that you can tell tesla if you like being on the bleeding edge or you prefer to wait for fully baked rollouts.

Reactions: SammichLover
I'm on advanced and a few of my friends has got the 2019.16.3 a few days ago and I haven't, makes me think that the "advanced" option is just for show and doesn't do anything at all. we have the same configurations, AP, region and so on.

Exactly.

Advanced to me is like a babies pacifier. It does what its supposed to do for the moment. Pacify people.

Its like Tesla saying - hey suck on this for a while until you grow up and notice that there was no substance in it. You know - like a babies pacifier. LOL.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
I'm on advanced and a few of my friends has got the 2019.16.3 a few days ago and I haven't, makes me think that the "advanced" option is just for show and doesn't do anything at all. we have the same configurations, AP, region and so on.

I'd be surprised if it affects movement between minor releases - I imagine that Tesla will still want to micromanage that. It likely applies to major releases only. But if course just guesses. Time will tell...

Advanced users don’t have to download the software if they don’t want to, so I’m not sure what the downside is to choosing advanced. Seems like you might as well unless you really just don’t care.
Good thought, but since I also don't know what the downside is to choosing advanced, I'm not going to chose it. If the information provided by Tesla were more detailed about features like this, I would be more confident in making a selection. There is just too much guessing on here as to how it works, so I don't want to make a selection based on a guess.