Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to TeslaFi, firmware 2019.20.2.1 5659e07 just starting rolling out 15 minutes ago...in a big way. It's currently showing Model 3's updating at 3-5 cars per minute. That works out to about 6-10% of the fleet per hour, which is fast. This is a lower revision than 2019.20.2.5 which is a limited release, EAP-only rev first sent out on Saturday. It looks like 19.20.2.1 is only going to Model 3's in North America and appears to be updating from all previous revs.

Looks like the fast pace of updates you noticed was a temporary spike, as it's still only at 245 cars reporting it, around 3.9% of the fleet. Seems it's much higher on autopilot 3 cars though, reaching 44% of those on teslafi. At this point teslafi has such a small sample size for AP3 cars, (32 of them), so I'm not sure how significant it is.

Looks like the fast pace of updates you noticed was a temporary spike, as it's still only at 245 cars reporting it, around 3.9% of the fleet. Seems it's much higher on autopilot 3 cars though, reaching 44% of those on teslafi. At this point teslafi has such a small sample size for AP3 cars, (32 of them), so I'm not sure how significant it is.
Teslafi can't differentiate AP 2.5 and AP3 on the Model 3 at this time, so all the Model 3s report as AP2.5.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Second daily upgrade pulse started this evening. First day Model 3 installed base was only about 7%, now it’s 10% and climbing. This is definitely not as rapid a rollout as I originally thought and, based on how the updates have progressed recently, I’ll bet 2019.20.2.1 doesn’t get installed on more than 50% of the fleet before being surpassed by whatever comes next.

An innovative boss of mine once said, “Hurry up and break this $hit so you can fix it.” I expect the Tesla software team is living by the same mantra.

Take a chill pill on advanced summon. There is lots of risk involved and they better get it right before releasing. I can wait a few more weeks or months.

Not being able to permanently disable ELDA is a joke. No excuse for not including that.
I must say though ELDA hasn't been a problem for me since the first couple of days. Not sure why.

Since apparently we have to have dupe threads on software versions, I'll post exactly the same thing I posted in the other thread.

Just got this update. The new display brightness "fine tuning" made my display almost invisible. And adjusting the slider back to where I wanted didn't stick - it kept dimming back down. Maybe I'll get used to it.