Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case it's useful to anyone, spoke to Tesla this morning (after being on hold for ~20mins) and was told the following:
  • Current lead time for a M3P is ~6-8 weeks, but they're waiting on the vessel schedules for next year
  • You won't get an inventory vehicle any quicker than that, even if one with the same spec is on the website today
  • If you're leasing then the car won't appear in your Tesla account until ~1 week before collection

Quick update...
  • Current lead time for a M3P is ~6-8 weeks, but they're waiting on the vessel schedules for next year
    • I ordered 2nd Dec, collecting 18th Dec, so turns out lead time was actually 2 weeks
  • You won't get an inventory vehicle any quicker than that, even if one with the same spec is on the website today
    • Could still be true, who knows
  • If you're leasing then the car won't appear in your Tesla account until ~1 week before collection
    • Well there's 2 days to go and it's still not there, they've now changed their minds and said it won't appear until I collect the car
I have no idea how or why I'm able to collect 16 days from order, but the manic Tesla gods seem to be smiling on me and I'll take it! Merry Christmas everyone.

Quick update...
    • I ordered 2nd Dec, collecting 18th Dec, so turns out lead time was actually 2 weeks
    • Could still be true, who knows
    • Well there's 2 days to go and it's still not there, they've now changed their minds and said it won't appear until I collect the car
I have no idea how or why I'm able to collect 16 days from order, but the manic Tesla gods seem to be smiling on me and I'll take it! Merry Christmas everyone.

Your very lucky, M3P ordered 24/10. Spoke to Tesla last week and was told no car assigned but should be mid to late Jan for delivery. Spoke to lease co who say they don’t know how Tesla assign cars to people as they are definitely not assigned by the date they are ordered.

Picked up the M3P this afternoon, omg I love this car.... I went for the white one, but blue also looks amazing with the black alloys.
Was pretty straight forward, got there a bit early ( an hour ) and they let me join in the earlier presentation and question session, and then they had my car ready earlier than the allotted time... result!, was charged to 30% so stopped off at a supercharger that charged from 22% to 90% in about 35 mins for £13!!
You guys are gonna love this car, it drives, handles and accelerates better than my RS4 and previous M3’s (BMW) and golf gti’s -
I know it’s been said before many times but it’s worth the wait 100 times over !!!!

Picked up the M3P this afternoon, omg I love this car.... I went for the white one, but blue also looks amazing with the black alloys.
Was pretty straight forward, got there a bit early ( an hour ) and they let me join in the earlier presentation and question session, and then they had my car ready earlier than the allotted time... result!, was charged to 30% so stopped off at a supercharger that charged from 22% to 90% in about 35 mins for £13!!
You guys are gonna love this car, it drives, handles and accelerates better than my RS4 and previous M3’s (BMW) and golf gti’s -
I know it’s been said before many times but it’s worth the wait 100 times over !!!!
Welcome to the club my friend ... awesome isn’t it !!!

Do you miss the engine roar and feel from the RS4 and BMW M3?

My friend has a Golf R, and ordered a Model 3 Performance but is worried he will miss the sound and feel of the engine.

He's been in my SR+ loads so knows what the Model 3 is like, but would you say that the positives from the Model 3 are worth the sacrifice in engine noise/feel?

Do you miss the engine roar and feel from the RS4 and BMW M3?

My friend has a Golf R, and ordered a Model 3 Performance but is worried he will miss the sound and feel of the engine.

He's been in my SR+ loads so knows what the Model 3 is like, but would you say that the positives from the Model 3 are worth the sacrifice in engine noise/feel?
I have to say that’s the thing I was most concerned about, but after driving it for all of 10 mins I had no regrets, the instant acceleration is unbelievable and it just keeps going, I can’t fault it - apart from the stupid wiper button ;-))

Reactions: Ant M3
Tesla gave me my reg a few days before delivery. My lease company also had the reg before delivery.

The best thing to do if you don't have your reg:

Shop around for quotes and select 'I don't own the car yet' or whatever it says to avoid putting the reg in. Then when you have found the best quote, save the quote. Then on the day when you have the reg, just ring up the insurer, retrieve the quote and tell them the reg to confirm it.

You probably won't be able to confirm a policy online even if you have the reg, as the car is so new their system won't be able to find the reg so you'll have to ring up anyway. I had to ring up to confirm the policy and manually tell them the reg to proceed.

Takes 5 mins to retrieve and confirm a quote with a reg, I wouldn't worry if you don't have your reg yet.

Reactions: Christianj_90
Status
Not open for further replies.