Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Long time member in the shadows, first post!

For info, Ordered my M3P white/white at the end of September. Seems to be in line with other similar orders.

Had a VIN number on my account for a few weeks and was then given a provisional date of the 1st week in Jan for delivery.

Excited when I received a delivery date of the 20th of Dec for delivery this afternoon!

Thinking my M3P was on the Dong A Glauco that docked this afternoon (like a few others on here I think), and tesla now updated the accounts of those vehicles. Anyone else got updated delivery dates today.

Main Q - My only concern is the EST scottish government loan - taking this but quite tight for turn around - anyone has experience with quick 7 day turnaround for these funds?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
I was wondering how you got on with the energy Saving Trust loan, if they transferred the funds quickly?

I’ve now had the chance to have a more detailed look over the car. Issues I have found are -
Numerous panel gaps and inconsistencies.
Steering wheel not on straight !
Adhesive marks on numerous places inside the car - easy to fix though.
Paint defect (?) I have the white paint and at night, there seems to be numerous yellow streaks over the back half of the vehicle. I appreciate there is a pearlescent effect in the paint but this looks very strange indeed and not correct.
I’m not able to access the Service Centre area of the Tesla app to report issues as Tesla say it’s a lease car and this part is disabled ?
The pressing issue here being I can’t ‘force’ a software update request.
Home Charging issues - car will not accept a charge and then for some reason it allows it (no scheduled charge was set at the time of issue)

Last edited:
So I’ve had mind a week no guys and thought I’d give you an update.
Collected from Heathrow. Very easy hand over. All chargers in the car and nothing missing. A few over zealous hoovering marks but nothing that’s a real problem. My M3P had an issue with the undercarriage. I have since found out that any surface water or super wet motorways are causing a problem with the material used under the car. So Tesla are changing these to a new composite material on cars which have a problem. Booked it in on the app. So currently got a 8” square where there is no protection showing underneath but was told it’s ok to drive. Other than that be patient - you will love this car. I have C63S too, but I can’t get out of the Tesla - it’s brilliant.
I installed a Rolec type 2 tethered charger on the outside of my house. Installation was simple and a bargain for £400 off amazon with next day delivery. Schedule charging is active from 12am - 5am with my new economy 7 meter for off peak electric so saving 50% compared to any other time. well worth looking into Guys.
Merry Christmas

Hi. Picked up today. Process was fine. Arrive, go to lounge to wait. At the time given the group (maybe 6 collections) watch a short presentation then you are handed your key. All cars lined up outside. Pretty close so take care. You can spend as long as you like looking it over. Once you’re happy just go back in and sign the iPad. All pretty chilled. Not rushed at all.

130 miles charge. Got me to Scotch Corner supercharger no bother. But charged to use it! Ugh.

Only issue I had is that the tow hitch was missing. They will send one out. 3pin adapter etc all in the boot.

Mine displayed the charge on the screen, but didn’t charge my account - I suspect that’s what'll happen for you.

Hi,
I was wondering how you got on with the energy Saving Trust loan, if they transferred the funds quickly?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. All a bit stressful really!
Tesla issued the invoice on 12-Dec for delivery 20-Dec, but EST need around 2 weeks. The simple reason for this is that they have weekly payment runs. I was supposed to get my invoice on the 12-Dec from my Tesla account, but this did not happen as it did not upload.
Waited patiently, ended up phoning them on the 13th, after sending them an email first thing in the morning with no reply. It was there in mid afternoon. Sent this to EST straightaway via email, and they were quite quick to process their end of it. They "verified" the invoice with the Dealer, then "reviewed the order" again, and one other stage if I recall.

As I feared though, this wasn't enough time to get the money. I managed to get funds to cover the EST loan from other sources (spoke to EST to confirm this was OK beforehand) and then paid Tesla this money, last payment being Friday morning - and picking up the Car Friday Afternoon.
NOTE! - Banks have different/maximum limits for payments - so prepare for this especially if you don't have a lot of time. I paid over several accounts.

On Friday afternoon, the Tesla centre could see all the payments.

Ironically, I received by "you have been paid" email from EST about 30 mins before my pickup. My payment by EST WAS processed on the Friday hat week - but it didn't arrive until the 24th of December. The next payment run would have been 7th of Jan due to holidays!

What frustrated me is that Tesla did not seem to realise that finding another 35k you were not expecting is not the easiest thing to do (2 days notice really) and to the extent that the people I spoke to in The Netherlands said if I didn't get the car on Friday, or worst case Monday (it was open for a few hours), then I'd lose the car as they could only keep for seven days - as other people on the forum have said.

Made even more frustrating when it wasn't my fault, and THEY had phoned me a few months before to say they would get the invoice over to me in plenty of time to get the EST paid.

But...the car is amazing....and worth the pain!

Collected as planned, almost dark (16.00) so had no real chance to inspect inside or out so will go through this tomorrow. Great team at Birmingham Dept, knowledgeable and easy to speak to. They had arranged 50 collections today and were still fresh and very helpful. Car currently sat on drive having a charge ! Initially had an issue getting the steady blue light on my Rolec Charger to start flashing green to signal charge but this seems to be OK now. Only slight concern is that under my security light the rear of the car looks yellow in places... hopefully it's just in this particular light, will inspect further tomorrow.
Glad you finally got it fella

Reactions: Chalks99
I’ve now had the chance to have a more detailed look over the car. Issues I have found are -
Numerous panel gaps and inconsistencies.
Steering wheel not on straight !
Adhesive marks on numerous places inside the car - easy to fix though.
Paint defect (?) I have the white paint and at night, there seems to be numerous yellow streaks over the back half of the vehicle. I appreciate there is a pearlescent effect in the paint but this looks very strange indeed and not correct.
I’m not able to access the Service Centre area of the Tesla app to report issues as Tesla say it’s a lease car and this part is disabled ?
The pressing issue here being I can’t ‘force’ a software update request.
Home Charging issues - car will not accept a charge and then for some reason it allows it (no scheduled charge was set at the time of issue)
Sounds like the installer hasn’t set it up in the background ... same happened to me

Hey, sorry for the late reply. All a bit stressful really!
Tesla issued the invoice on 12-Dec for delivery 20-Dec, but EST need around 2 weeks. The simple reason for this is that they have weekly payment runs. I was supposed to get my invoice on the 12-Dec from my Tesla account, but this did not happen as it did not upload.
Waited patiently, ended up phoning them on the 13th, after sending them an email first thing in the morning with no reply. It was there in mid afternoon. Sent this to EST straightaway via email, and they were quite quick to process their end of it. They "verified" the invoice with the Dealer, then "reviewed the order" again, and one other stage if I recall.

As I feared though, this wasn't enough time to get the money. I managed to get funds to cover the EST loan from other sources (spoke to EST to confirm this was OK beforehand) and then paid Tesla this money, last payment being Friday morning - and picking up the Car Friday Afternoon.
NOTE! - Banks have different/maximum limits for payments - so prepare for this especially if you don't have a lot of time. I paid over several accounts.

On Friday afternoon, the Tesla centre could see all the payments.

Ironically, I received by "you have been paid" email from EST about 30 mins before my pickup. My payment by EST WAS processed on the Friday hat week - but it didn't arrive until the 24th of December. The next payment run would have been 7th of Jan due to holidays!

What frustrated me is that Tesla did not seem to realise that finding another 35k you were not expecting is not the easiest thing to do (2 days notice really) and to the extent that the people I spoke to in The Netherlands said if I didn't get the car on Friday, or worst case Monday (it was open for a few hours), then I'd lose the car as they could only keep for seven days - as other people on the forum have said.

Made even more frustrating when it wasn't my fault, and THEY had phoned me a few months before to say they would get the invoice over to me in plenty of time to get the EST paid.

But...the car is amazing....and worth the pain!
Many thanks for your response.
I got a txt on Monday the 23rd December at 5 p.m to tell me my car was ready for collection from Edinburgh on the 28th, today. I didn’t have the funds from the est. I called Tesla edinburgh and explained the situation. The lady explained that the est take ten working days for the money to transfer she advised me that she would have to unmatch me from that car. I was gutted. I was so excited and depressed within half an hour, ha ha.
I now have to wait to be matched to another car, hopefully I won’t be forgotten about and Tesla will give me a bit more time to get the funds transferred. After all four days, three of which were bank holidays was a bit to much to ask of anyone.
Hope your enjoying your model 3 and wish you many safe miles.
Dave

I got a txt on Monday the 23rd December at 5 p.m to tell me my car was ready for collection from Edinburgh on the 28th, today. I didn’t have the funds from the est. I called Tesla edinburgh and explained the situation. The lady explained that the est take ten working days for the money to transfer she advised me that she would have to unmatch me from that car. I was gutted. I was so excited and depressed within half an hour, ha ha.
I now have to wait to be matched to another car, hopefully I won’t be forgotten about and Tesla will give me a bit more time to get the funds transferred. After all four days, three of which were bank holidays was a bit to much to ask of anyone.
Dave
That is extremely disappointing, and infuriating knowing that Tesla well and truly know how long that process takes. So frustrating to see a company operate in such a shambolic way, yet simultaneously able to produce such an amazing car. The potential is so much greater!

Dave

I'm gutted to hear that for you, really sorry. It is so frustrating and it also proves my theory would have been correct and I would have lost mine. I was lucky I could do it, and my EST funds did come in a few days later but it was still a big ask. I just took the risk as I didnt want to lose it and I knew the funds were approved.

As someone else said, they know the process and probably most non-lease cars are bought using this method so they should know better!
Have you got your final invoice? I dont know whether it is worth using that to get the funds, keep it handy and hope you get a match soon. My fear for you would be tesla repeat this process and you are in the same situation again. The invoice has the VIN number on it and the delivery date, they cant process without this apparently but if it is technically not your car anymore, then it might not work. Probably best asking Tesla but you need them to make it clear you cant be in that situation again.

IIRC, tesla will reschedule for you up to 7 days which covers a short notice on the invoice coming in and getting your EST funds. Crap, but gives you that option.

EST require proof of payment to tesla up to 60 days after funds transferred so that gives you a bit of time.
Next payment run 7th.

I was surprised the government were so quick in sorting it but I guess that's their purpose with these loans, just disappointing tesla cant understand this.

Car is amazing, only done about 300 miles on it, but it is a fantastic machine and you wont be disappointed.

What is the spec, hopefully a fairly common one?

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.