Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gutted to hear that for you, really sorry. It is so frustrating and it also proves my theory would have been correct and I would have lost mine. I was lucky I could do it, and my EST funds did come in a few days later but it was still a big ask. I just took the risk as I didnt want to lose it and I knew the funds were approved.

As someone else said, they know the process and probably most non-lease cars are bought using this method so they should know better!
Have you got your final invoice? I dont know whether it is worth using that to get the funds, keep it handy and hope you get a match soon. My fear for you would be tesla repeat this process and you are in the same situation again. The invoice has the VIN number on it and the delivery date, they cant process without this apparently but if it is technically not your car anymore, then it might not work. Probably best asking Tesla but you need them to make it clear you cant be in that situation again.

IIRC, tesla will reschedule for you up to 7 days which covers a short notice on the invoice coming in and getting your EST funds. Crap, but gives you that option.

EST require proof of payment to tesla up to 60 days after funds transferred so that gives you a bit of time.
Next payment run 7th.

I was surprised the government were so quick in sorting it but I guess that's their purpose with these loans, just disappointing tesla cant understand this.

Car is amazing, only done about 300 miles on it, but it is a fantastic machine and you wont be disappointed.

What is the spec, hopefully a fairly common one?

Darren
To be honest, I think Tesla we’re pushing there luck, trying to get cars sold by the year end. I’m not sure if they are aware of the est loan thing at there headquarters. They may just see a guy in Edinburgh waiting for a car and think I have the money ready to transfer. According to the lady at multrees walk, it’s one guy in Heathrow that assigns the cars. She also told me that I should expect my car in January as they are expecting another delivery. I suppose I better start following the shipping thread.
I ordered the long range all wheel drive white exterior with white interior. I’m really looking forward to getting it. My current car has to go back by the 3rd of March as it’s on a pcp deal. But I’m buying the Tesla as I plan to hang to it for a while. So Tesla have until then. Don’t tell them that though, ha ha.
Glad your enjoying the car, put some miles on it.
Dave

Just spoken with Tesla regarding the delivery of my M3 SR+ Red/white. Ordered 26/11 advised at the time to expect mid to late Feb delivery, however, they have confirmed today that they expect my car to be shipped within the next 2 weeks and pick up from Heathrow last week of January.

No vehicle assigned to me yet though.

Just spoken with Tesla regarding the delivery of my M3 SR+ Red/white. Ordered 26/11 advised at the time to expect mid to late Feb delivery, however, they have confirmed today that they expect my car to be shipped within the next 2 weeks and pick up from Heathrow last week of January.

No vehicle assigned to me yet though.
Ordered mine at the start of October and have been quoted March! My pickup location is Birmingham, but people seem to be having a slightly quicker lead time if they have heathrow as their pickup. Starting to think about moving mine to Heathrow. Anyone got any thoughts on if it makes a difference where you select for pickup location? Or am I reading too much into it?

Ordered mine at the start of October and have been quoted March! My pickup location is Birmingham, but people seem to be having a slightly quicker lead time if they have heathrow as their pickup. Starting to think about moving mine to Heathrow. Anyone got any thoughts on if it makes a difference where you select for pickup location? Or am I reading too much into it?

I was advised by Tesla shortly after ordering to change to Heathrow pick up in order to speed up the process by a week or so.

Hello - just signed up as a new forum member. I ordered my Model 3 on 15th October 2019 (Blue, Long Range AWD, Black interior) - haven't heard a dickie-bird since! I'm down to pick up at Heathrow, so it sounds liek that might speed up delivery a little bit.
I was thinking of pinging the Tesla dealership at Bristol an email this week to see if they had any info on the progress of the order... but is there a better point of contact to make enquiries?

Hello - just signed up as a new forum member. I ordered my Model 3 on 15th October 2019 (Blue, Long Range AWD, Black interior) - haven't heard a dickie-bird since! I'm down to pick up at Heathrow, so it sounds liek that might speed up delivery a little bit.
I was thinking of pinging the Tesla dealership at Bristol an email this week to see if they had any info on the progress of the order... but is there a better point of contact to make enquiries?

i would give them a call at Bristol - they were super helpful with me and my delivery date.

Collected yesterday from Leeds. Stood around for 20 mins before anyone greeted us. Watched a 5 mins presentation on a laptop, then got to spend 15 mins in the car on my own to set things up etc. No issues with the car and all leads etc. present. Had 2No. software updates in 3 hours.

Car is amazing! Its worth all the pain!!!

Collected yesterday from Leeds. Stood around for 20 mins before anyone greeted us. Watched a 5 mins presentation on a laptop, then got to spend 15 mins in the car on my own to set things up etc. No issues with the car and all leads etc. present. Had 2No. software updates in 3 hours.

Car is amazing! Its worth all the pain!!!

Enjoy, when did you order ? What model ?

Can someone please help me? i have tried to read some of the treads but because they are so long have had to jump about,

My husband and I put a deposit down for model 3 in 2016, earlier last year 12th of May 2019, i cancelled my deposit and my husband decided to continue his purchase and ordered his model 3. He was told he would have delivery for july and at the latest august 2019.

It is now january 2020 and despite him calling the call centre he has no information about this. He has been told the hold up is because he has ordered the special 19" wheel alloys. He has said he wanted to collect from heathrow.

I ordered him the maxpider mats in june last year from the usa, and they arrived in July in time for the promised order but are still sat in the box in the garage as no car. My husband has drafted an email about the delay and tried emailing several emails and all of them have bounced. He called the helpline every 2 weeks with no updates. He called again on friday and was told the supervisor would call him back and no one did call him back at all.

I can see people who ordered their model 3 later have received but he really hasn't got anywhere despite his efforts.

Any advice or contact numbers would be much appreciated. He need a new car and the old Jag is dying. He is having doubts about whether to cancel the order and just get something else as he is getting no where.

I am keen to get this resolved, as we keep going to the tesla brent cross and checking out the model 3 in the showroom there but i think he really is now losing hope and upset with the lack of information and effort.

Any help / advice would be gratefully appreciated please help.

thanks in advance

R

Can someone please help me? i have tried to read some of the treads but because they are so long have had to jump about,

My husband and I put a deposit down for model 3 in 2016, earlier last year 12th of May 2019, i cancelled my deposit and my husband decided to continue his purchase and ordered his model 3. He was told he would have delivery for july and at the latest august 2019.

It is now january 2020 and despite him calling the call centre he has no information about this. He has been told the hold up is because he has ordered the special 19" wheel alloys. He has said he wanted to collect from heathrow.

I ordered him the maxpider mats in june last year from the usa, and they arrived in July in time for the promised order but are still sat in the box in the garage as no car. My husband has drafted an email about the delay and tried emailing several emails and all of them have bounced. He called the helpline every 2 weeks with no updates. He called again on friday and was told the supervisor would call him back and no one did call him back at all.

I can see people who ordered their model 3 later have received but he really hasn't got anywhere despite his efforts.

Any advice or contact numbers would be much appreciated. He need a new car and the old Jag is dying. He is having doubts about whether to cancel the order and just get something else as he is getting no where.

I am keen to get this resolved, as we keep going to the tesla brent cross and checking out the model 3 in the showroom there but i think he really is now losing hope and upset with the lack of information and effort.

Any help / advice would be gratefully appreciated please help.

thanks in advance

R
I have read on a number threads here and elsewhere that the 19 inch wheels build to order cars are being delayed substantially. Some have opted to change their order to swap out the wheels for 18 inch Aeros, which ultimate resulted in delivery within one or two weeks of their order amendment. Once they received their vehicle, they were able to order a set of 19 inch sport wheels from their local service centre for just under £2,500 including tyres and fitting. Although I appreciate this is quite a n annoying workaround and ends up costing you more, it might be something your husband wants to consider.

p.s can see mention of a bristol number where can i find these numbers or email addresses?

I always use this number 01628 450660 and ask for my local service centre if the rep that picks up is based elsewhere.

What was the spec of your husbands’ order?

If you can flex on elements like the 19” alloys and colour, perhaps take one of the Inventory Model 3’s when they start/if they star to appear in late January when the first ship is estimated as due?

You can then cancel the original order once another one is secured - and get the deposit refunded.

I did that...and got my car ten days later (but was very lucky: you have to watch/reload the Inventory page often and act within minutes as good/in demand variants go within 30m). It would have been Feb otherwise I suspect.

Watch Mr Miserable’s shipping thread to forecast when to start monitoring that page.

Hope the tactic helps speed acquisition for you.

The car is great by the way - well worth the pain of dealing with the rubbish sales-fulfilment system. I’ve just done my fourth demo drive for friends/neighbours - everyone is impressed by the stupid acceleration it can do - and there’s at least another order happening as a result - probably two. Great car.

Tell him to hold onto his hope!

HI Nufan and Mo dilwar

Thanks for your prompt replies,

My husband will call the number provided today and see how far he gets, thanks for this.

With regards to reordering without the 19" wheels we tried this already and the price jumps up by £2550 more without the cost of wheels if we re order the same spec again, which is nearly a £4000 increase in price from the invoice we were given in may last year.

The specs on his ideal car are metallic grey paint, white interior, and delivery to heathrow. other than this no other specs.

We were told by the normal customer service people he would have to pay this agreed 2550 extra for an order despite taking off the £1450 of the 19" wheels. Also we have been told it would be processed as a new order so they still can not predict the lead time on this. It would also mean all this waiting he had done would be for nothing and their would be no linked history of this. The main barriers here are the significant increase in price for a more standard version and no guarantee on expected delivery time.

Thankfully he has read your detailed responses before going to work and is going to call them again to see what the situation stand at, Thanks again for all your help and advice. Will keep you updated.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.