Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off phone to Tusker, they had no clue where my car was and still saying "likley March".

I called Tesla and this time was put through to a chap in the UK who confirmed my delivery is booked for the 11th March! So strange.

I asked about how Tesla Direct works and he said that they use a car transporter vehicle to get as close to your property as possible then drive the last 100m or so.

So happy that I finally know, and hopefully the info about Tesla Direct is useful to others.

Ooooh! I've got a collection date on the 11th too! Perhaps I'll see you at Cribbs!

For anyone who has received a text for collection, how many days before the collection date did you receive this?

• Order placed 15/10/19
  • Text received 28/2/20: "Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery... click the link below within one day of receiving this message:
    • Link clicked... NOWHERE to schedule delivery! A few frantic telephone calls and one trip to Cribbs Causeway in person - "Oh yeah... that's our mistake!"
  • 2nd text received 3/3/20: "We've scheduled your appointment for 11/3/20"!

So, the text notifications were slightly shambolic, but we got there in the end! Having waited so long for any sort of communication whatsoever, it does all feel like something of a rush at the end, but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

For anyone with home delivery, the text has a wide delivery time window. Just call the main number and they can give a more accurate time. Also they said they text a tracking link on the day. Oh, and now they are saying that they will be driving the car to me, previously they said it would be on a trailer. That's all.

• Helpful
Reactions: CP30
  • Order placed 15/10/19
  • Text received 28/2/20: "Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery... click the link below within one day of receiving this message:
    • Link clicked... NOWHERE to schedule delivery! A few frantic telephone calls and one trip to Cribbs Causeway in person - "Oh yeah... that's our mistake!"
So, the text notifications were slightly shambolic, but we got there in the end! Having waited so long for any sort of communication whatsoever, it does all feel like something of a rush at the end, but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Yeah it was a bit mental for me too, but thankfully in my favour. I'd been waiting all of Feb thinking mine was going to be on the Glovis Captain or Asian King, maybe Morning Cara if I was lucky. I randomly got an update over the weekend from NHS FS stating 'in stock - contact Fleet Solutions'. I did, and the woman cast huge doubt when she said there's nothing matched and offered nothing else in terms of news etc. I quickly had that squashed and corrected by another member of the team and so I proceeded to call Tesla. Fully expecting "no news yet, try again in a few weeks", I was given a date of 6th March. NHS confirmed it for me and tomorrow I'm off to get the car.

What puzzles me is that if my car is at Leeds and Tesla were able to give the '20 reg on Monday 2nd March, then surely that means the car came in Grand Mark? Or perhaps Brooklands at a push? I forgot the dates that these ships landed at Southampton. Either way, my car was obviously on an early ship, so why, over all this time, have Tesla not been able to tell me a VIN or any form of concrete update until 4 days prior to collection? Very strange, but I'm just very happy the wait/not knowing is coming to an end.

• Love
Reactions: Blueskye
  • Order placed 15/10/19
Excellent detail on what you should expect to receive! Thanks for this

Anyone collecting from Dartford @ 10.30 tomorrow, its been a long journey 4.5 months, lets hope the weather is better than today its not stopped raining all day. Let the excitement commence !!!

I am collecting on Saturday from Dartford, 12 noon, Was set for last Tuesday, 3rd, but had a call to reschedule, that was on the previous Saturday, So 3 extra days of sleepless nights. Let us know how it goes and if easy to find / deal with the people.
As an aside I have the Reg Number but as of a few mins ago still not registered with DVLA so do you have to use the Vin for the insurance company and then what? Do Tesla need to see a copy of the said insurance before handing over the car?

I am collecting on Saturday from Dartford, 12 noon, Was set for last Tuesday, 3rd, but had a call to reschedule, that was on the previous Saturday, So 3 extra days of sleepless nights. Let us know how it goes and if easy to find / deal with the people.
As an aside I have the Reg Number but as of a few mins ago still not registered with DVLA so do you have to use the Vin for the insurance company and then what? Do Tesla need to see a copy of the said insurance before handing over the car?

You'll need to call up and complete your insurance quote over the phone and give them the reg. I did take a copy of my certifcate with me on the day but nobody asked to see it so either they don't care/trusted me, or they could see via the DVLA by that point that it was insured. I actually think the former since I only bought the insurance 3 hours before collection and the check-in process was extremely quick.

Will try to give you the low down on the whole experience, general feedback from Dartford looks good. Reference insurance my car is leased so they required two days prior to collection notice confirming its insured.I am with Direct Line and they happily insured with the non reg.plate I gave them, I tried insuring with the VIN but to no avail.I would certainly take a copy of your insurance with you on Saturday.Hope this helps, getting excited had many new company cars and a few of my own but this totally different Enjoy!

Reactions: Blueskye
Yeah it was a bit mental for me too, but thankfully in my favour. I'd been waiting all of Feb thinking mine was going to be on the Glovis Captain or Asian King, maybe Morning Cara if I was lucky. I randomly got an update over the weekend from NHS FS stating 'in stock - contact Fleet Solutions'. I did, and the woman cast huge doubt when she said there's nothing matched and offered nothing else in terms of news etc. I quickly had that squashed and corrected by another member of the team and so I proceeded to call Tesla. Fully expecting "no news yet, try again in a few weeks", I was given a date of 6th March. NHS confirmed it for me and tomorrow I'm off to get the car.

What puzzles me is that if my car is at Leeds and Tesla were able to give the '20 reg on Monday 2nd March, then surely that means the car came in Grand Mark? Or perhaps Brooklands at a push? I forgot the dates that these ships landed at Southampton. Either way, my car was obviously on an early ship, so why, over all this time, have Tesla not been able to tell me a VIN or any form of concrete update until 4 days prior to collection? Very strange, but I'm just very happy the wait/not knowing is coming to an end.

What time are you due to collect? Might see you there ;)

Hi all, new to forum and originally posted on the US deliveries which confused a little as they read it as 12th of April not 4th December for order date.
Anyway i have heard nothing yet, its leased and its M3P midnight silver, black interior.
Anyone in the same boat or more like not on the same boat ??? :rolleyes:

Hi all, new to forum and originally posted on the US deliveries which confused a little as they read it as 12th of April not 4th December for order date.
Anyway i have heard nothing yet, its leased and its M3P midnight silver, black interior.
Anyone in the same boat or more like not on the same boat ??? :rolleyes:

More details please. Who did you order with? Has your lease company given you an RN? Have you spoken to Tesla yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.