Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is under the illusion that they can actually keep these cars on hold/assigned to you (whoever you spoke to might have told you they will but in practice I don't think they have any control over it).

The car just gets assigned to whoever will take as soon as possible! That's a Tesla thing and I don't think your lease company can go anything about it! And that would explain why people have received cars with different reg numbers.
Difference being that I didn’t say I couldn’t take it, they couldn’t get it to Birmingham otherwise I would have got it. Fingers crossed it’s still mine lol

So, 9pm and still no sign of the car. I mean, I thought it might be late but I'm resigned to it not being here tonight now.

However, that begs the question; where the fu€k is my car?!

If it has travelled half way on a transporter, then where is it parked up for the night?

If it's being driven, again, where is it now?

Helpful Sam from yesterday, is now non-answering Sam.

They will be getting calls first thing.

• Informative
Reactions: bhav
I think everyone is under the illusion that they can actually keep these cars on hold/assigned to you (whoever you spoke to might have told you they will but in practice I don't think they have any control over it).

The car just gets assigned to whoever will take as soon as possible! That's a Tesla thing and I don't think your lease company can go anything about it! And that would explain why people have received cars with different reg numbers.

The different reg numbers were due to being emergency registered in a different place, which makes sense. I certainly don't have a lease company in the middle and am dealing directly with Tesla. I wouldn't be surprised if lease companies just take what's available as long as it matches the spec

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
The different reg numbers were due to being emergency registered in a different place, which makes sense. I certainly don't have a lease company in the middle and am dealing directly with Tesla. I wouldn't be surprised if lease companies just take what's available as long as it matches the spec
The lease companies don't have any say in the matter either though!

It's just Tesla. The lease company basically orders it in exactly the same way that anyone else does - they get an RN just like someone going on the website and ordering for themselves. You can do that and just give the RN to the lease company.

So everyone is in the same boat: they will just assign the car to whoever will take it/whoever they can deliver it to, especially if it means a sale before quarter end. Maybe once we're into April they will behave more flexibly if you get allocated something, but around quarter end I don't think they're going to go out of their way to hold a car for you when it ultimately has no impact for them: someone else will take it anyway.

The lease companies don't have any say in the matter either though!

It's just Tesla. The lease company basically orders it in exactly the same way that anyone else does - they get an RN just like someone going on the website and ordering for themselves. You can do that and just give the RN to the lease company.

So everyone is in the same boat: they will just assign the car to whoever will take it/whoever they can deliver it to, especially if it means a sale before quarter end. Maybe once we're into April they will behave more flexibly if you get allocated something, but around quarter end I don't think they're going to go out of their way to hold a car for you when it ultimately has no impact for them: someone else will take it anyway.

Yeah, I'm thinking something similar tbh.

Just sharing my frustration

I'd be OK if I was to know I'd get a car with a different VIN and reg number, as might be the case in normal times - but I've gone from a specific car to no car at all, (whilst there is an identical model - different VIN - shown in the current Leeds inventory) The cars they do have in shouldn't be getting collected except in the current exceptional circumstances. I'll be first in the queue to pick up when restrictions are lifted!

So, 9pm and still no sign of the car. I mean, I thought it might be late but I'm resigned to it not being here tonight now.

If it has travelled half way on a transporter, then where is it parked up for the night?

That really sucks. Annoying waiting in all day for something that doesn’t turn up.

I was hopeful that it would turn up for you today.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow calling them. Maybe you can get something thrown in for free.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw

Just out of interest did they ring you and tell you it was coming ?

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Just sharing my frustration

I'd be OK if I was to know I'd get a car with a different VIN and reg number, as might be the case in normal times - but I've gone from a specific car to no car at all, (whilst there is an identical model - different VIN - shown in the current Leeds inventory) The cars they do have in shouldn't be getting collected except in the current exceptional circumstances. I'll be first in the queue to pick up when restrictions are lifted!
Recent personal experience with my own order taught me that "Leeds inventory" (substitute any location) means nothing more than somewhere in transit from Freemont Factory. Most likely the vehicle is at sea or if you are lucky at Southampton Docks. The most unlikely scenario is the vehicle is actually physically presnt at Leeds.

Call me old fashioned but I thought "inventory" was physical stock. How times have changed.

That really sucks. Annoying waiting in all day for something that doesn’t turn up.

I was hopeful that it would turn up for you today.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow calling them. Maybe you can get something thrown in for free.

I will definitely mention how accommodating I have been. Lets see.

Just out of interest did they ring you and tell you it was coming ?

I spoke to the same guy (Sam) on Sunday - he called me - and then again today, this morning.

That's certainly food for thought. Worth contacting Tesla and asking perhaps?
I don’t know anyone personally that did it but a fair few in here have. Worst case would be a loss of £100, as if they couldn’t transfer you could cancel but its non-refundable. I think the issue will be withVWFS as they have to transfer the VIN/RN. They aren’t even answering my emails to remove my cherished plate on my car that goes back in 2 weeks :mad:

Got this back through from Tesla today via email for my SR+ that was suppose to arrive on the 27th -

Thanks for your email.

I’m afraid we are unable to deliver this vehicle at the moment due to the site being restricted. We will be in touch with the driver to reschedule the delivery once we have further information from the Compound.

We cannot confirm when this will be, as I’m sure you can appreciate things are changing daily.

We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Ellie

I don’t know anyone personally that did it but a fair few in here have. Worst case would be a loss of £100, as if they couldn’t transfer you could cancel but its non-refundable. I think the issue will be withVWFS as they have to transfer the VIN/RN. They aren’t even answering my emails to remove my cherished plate on my car that goes back in 2 weeks :mad:

Oh, that doesn't bode well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.