Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my text it didn’t ask if I was a key worker, it just asked if I’d like it delivered, so I said yes.
It’s arriving this afternoon after some last minute bank transactions this morning.
On the positive side, Tesla inventory is huge with all the Corona related cancellations, sad for all this who had to cancel though.
Incidentally I’ve still not got a delivery confirmed in my account, probably never will.

Reactions: Harv3y
I imagine the real issues are safely delivering them and there is a rumour they're stopping all deliveries after today although that may just be certain geographies.

That would make sense, can't imagine they will care much once Q2 starts as there's nothing in it for them.

well I chased them up as should have been last week, and found out it was at heathrow, down for home delivery , we are both keyworkers though .

Good stuff, good to know they're dealing with key workers at least even if they are having to be chased.

In my text it didn’t ask if I was a key worker, it just asked if I’d like it delivered, so I said yes.
It’s arriving this afternoon after some last minute bank transactions this morning.
On the positive side, Tesla inventory is huge with all the Corona related cancellations, sad for all this who had to cancel though.
Incidentally I’ve still not got a delivery confirmed in my account, probably never will.
We’ll blow me down, I do now have a delivery in my profile, 13:00, nothing like having 1 1/4 hours notice

I would chase them up anyway, it seems the way to get things moving

Yeah I'm going to call and see anyway as if I'm likely to wait a month I may as well cancel my insurance. There's no point paying for a month of insurance I can't use. Thanks.

We’ll blow me down, I do now have a delivery in my profile, 13:00, nothing like having 1 1/4 hours notice

Not long now!

Just signed my e declaration, so it's on its way
That's a good sign, I had that on the morning that mine was delivered.

Don't read too much into that time. Mine said 10:30 and the car turned up around 14:45.

Yeah I'm going to call and see anyway as if I'm likely to wait a month I may as well cancel my insurance. There's no point paying for a month of insurance I can't use. Thanks.
I thought about not bothering to insure the car yet, but I went ahead anyway on the basis that I want to drive it once while I'm inside the 7 day/100 mile window to report faults, just in case. Also, I didn't like the idea of having an uninsured car sat on the drive - it could still get vandalised or stolen.

Just got off the phone with a helpful chap in Amsterdam (I only knew he was in Amsterdam after he called me back - a call back from Tesla!), my car is now at the Birmingham city delivery centre and he was happy to arrange collection! Yeah, nah. Too far and too risky.

Passed to the delivery team now who should be in touch, presumably the mythical Sam. Don't know what my odds are but at least the car still exists, it's still mine and apparently the reg remains the same.

I thought about not bothering to insure the car yet, but I went ahead anyway on the basis that I want to drive it once while I'm inside the 7 day/100 mile window to report faults, just in case.

Very good point. My insurance is already running as I started it for the 25th collection, didn't want to cancel it unless I was expecting to wait three or more weeks before I get it.

That's a good sign, I had that on the morning that mine was delivered.

Don't read too much into that time. Mine said 10:30 and the car turned up around 14:45.

I thought about not bothering to insure the car yet, but I went ahead anyway on the basis that I want to drive it once while I'm inside the 7 day/100 mile window to report faults, just in case. Also, I didn't like the idea of having an uninsured car sat on the drive - it could still get vandalised or stolen.

Mine said 1pm 30th March. Current ETA after delivery driver phone call = 5pm tonight!

• Funny
Reactions: Mf03 and aquilum
Status
Not open for further replies.