Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked with Tesla and was told I have now been VIN matched. White/black LR ordered on 28 Jun.
They wouldn't give me the VIN number as it's only a 'soft match' at this stage but it's a start!
This is the first I'm hearing of a "soft match". After giving you a VIN how can they not match you to the car?

I was given the full VIN over the phone - could there be a slight chance of it not actually being mine? :eek::(

Your VIN can change and you can be unmatched (although unlikely) - until you receive the invoice showing the VIN it can all change :)
Yes. Tesla did say when they gave me the VIN that it could change. Mainly as a result of their quality checks on arrival. If your car is badly damaged then it will be unmatched and you’ll be playing the waiting game again. I won’t be getting excited until I see the car in the flesh on delivery day!

Reactions: DavidDrives
Just called them, despite me not being matched on the app, nor having a VIN assigned (even when using the method stated above), it turns out that I am matched, have my VIN and am apparently on the Glovis Sun. This basically means a delivery slot in 2 - 3 weeks (all being well)! It would have been nice to have received notification sooner but hey ho...At least I can start planning now!

I'm matched to a Glovis Sun M3P with a 13 August collection date and had my VIN given over the phone

Got an email today that my Final Invoice has been generated - the invoice confirms the VIN, but there is no change in the profile or any hidden VIN.

The car is financed through Tesla/Black Horse. I called Tesla Delivery and they explained that I need to transfer my down payment directly to Tesla Motors by bank transfer at least 5 days before collection date, in order for funds to clear. Sending them a screenshot of the bank transfer is also helpful..

Being (overly) keen I called having only got a RN number 3 1/2 weeks ago and as expected I don't have a VIN yet.
However, they did advise me that they're sending out VINS almost constanly over the coming days and weeks (due to all these ships arriving).
Fingers crossed

Lets hope we don't get rushed cars that have 'issues'. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.