Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine to add:

TMC Name Alex987854
Car LRAWD
Colour White
Wheel Option 18" Aero
Interior Black
AP/FSD AP
Towbar
Reservation
Order 28/8/2019
~ Booking No.
SC Location Stockport
Finance Cash
Trade-in
VIN
Final Inv
Del Est Tesla
Delivery
Comments

It seems to vary, but on the whole, it goes...
SC VIN,
Delivery Estimate (a range first, then later a date),
Final Invoice (with date and VIN),
occasionally a Final Invoice without a VIN
Delivery Appointment confirmed on Manage page
VIN on Manage Page

As mentioned, sometimes this varies.

This varies a lot. I have noticed between 1 day and a few weeks. Mostly less than two weeks though.

Yes! It matters a lot. Yours is fairly uncommon, but not too rare, IMO.

I had the same thought after similar conversations with them last week. Yesterday they found a LRAWD with 18" Aeros but a different interior. I asked if they could see if a car matching my original spec (LRAWD, Black, White, 19" Sport wheels) had been loaded onto a vessel in the past few days or weeks. They said they can only view shipped inventory up to two weeks out (from delivery). They confirmed that there was nothing matching now and that if I checked back again in two weeks, the situation could well be the same.

Tesla told me last week that someone in the US informed the office in Amsterdam that hundreds of RHD M3s with Towbars had been shipped for arrival at the end of September.
It seems to vary, but on the whole, it goes...
SC VIN,
Delivery Estimate (a range first, then later a date),
Final Invoice (with date and VIN),
occasionally a Final Invoice without a VIN
Delivery Appointment confirmed on Manage page
VIN on Manage Page

As mentioned, sometimes this varies.

This varies a lot. I have noticed between 1 day and a few weeks. Mostly less than two weeks though.

Yes! It matters a lot. Yours is fairly uncommon, but not too rare, IMO.

I had the same thought after similar conversations with them last week. Yesterday they found a LRAWD with 18" Aeros but a different interior. I asked if they could see if a car matching my original spec (LRAWD, Black, White, 19" Sport wheels) had been loaded onto a vessel in the past few days or weeks. They said they can only view shipped inventory up to two weeks out (from delivery). They confirmed that there was nothing matching now and that if I checked back again in two weeks, the situation could well be the same.

Tesla told me last week that someone in the US informed the office in Amsterdam that hundreds of RHD M3s with Towbars had been shipped for arrival at the end of September.

So I've given up waiting for 19" wheels. I called Delivery today and they said it could be a 1-3 month delay if I changed my order but after a 4+ month wait with no sign of a car I'm prepared to take the risk. They also said 19" sport wheels are still causing a delay. So my new spec is: LRAWD Blue, White Premium, 18inch Aero Wheels, no FSD (I've removed that too). please could you update the spreadsheet. Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
So I've given up waiting for 19" wheels. I called Delivery today and they said it could be a 1-3 month delay if I changed my order but after a 4+ month wait with no sign of a car I'm prepared to take the risk. They also said 19" sport wheels are still causing a delay. So my new spec is: LRAWD Blue, White Premium, 18inch Aero Wheels, no FSD (I've removed that too). please could you update the spreadsheet. Thanks
Haha same spec as mine - will update here if I hear anything about mine. Ordered 5th aug. No sc vin yet. Called them yesterday and it was a pretty vague answer as expected - havent been matched with a car and that they are expecting a few boats which might have my spec. He also said expect more comms this week

Btw FSD can be enabled later as far as I know

Last edited:
Just received notification this evening of final invoice in my account for a Performance Model 3 in white/white which I ordered on 7 August. The invoice says the VIN is 524xxx and the expected delivery date is 8 Oct at West Drayton/Heathrow.

No hidden VIN despite checking 000's times over the past few weeks, and I was beginning to become resigned to a long wait after having watched just about every Model 3 YouTube video and read almost every post in this forum and every on-line review, in between my main hobby of repeatedly refreshing the "Manage" your car web page in the hope of a hidden VIN. I have now reverted back again from grumpy miserable teenager mode :( to hyperactive over-excited pre-Xmas five-year old. :D

Time to start adding to my collection of Model 3 accessories and choosing a home charger...

Ordered a black Model 3 Performance with black interior, FSD 18 Aug 19, two invoices and one credit on the 20 Aug 19 with the same VIN and delivery date of 23 Sep 19.

Did not realise until days later that I had the invoices, as when I logged onto my account via my phone I could not see them. Only noticed them when I logged in via a PC.

Cannot wait for the delivery but nervous about getting one with issues, day one.

Just got email today for a 21 Sep 19 appointment, pity I am working shifts and have to move it to 27 Sep 19. Impressed one month from order to delivery.

• Informative
Well, my hidden vin has gone, have received a credit note and final invoice 2, which has the same vin 502xxx but delivery date has changed from 30th September to 7th October :( well I guess it could be worse and it also could jump forward o_O

• Informative
Did you order from the lease company on the 16th July or was that the date the order was placed with Tesla? A lot of the P+ orders from after this date have SC VIN or VINs already so unlucky if you've not seen any progress.

Yes ordered from the Lease company on 16th July (I think that was the day the White paint became free and the performance model included the 20 inch alloys). I do feel unlucky and it’s even worse reading the posts where it’s taking less than a month for some to get their VINs! Maybe it took time for the Lease company to complete the order, but I did receive a welcome to Tesla email on 17th July. I’m sure there will be progress eventually, just seems so random in how they allocate their deliveries

Well, my hidden vin has gone, have received a credit note and final invoice 2, which has the same vin 502xxx but delivery date has changed from 30th September to 7th October :( well I guess it could be worse and it also could jump forward o_O

Same with me, credit note, final invoice 2 & hidden VIN has gone (VIN (518xxx) is still in the invoices however, and has not changed since 24th Aug). Estimated delivery was updated from 15th Oct to 7th Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.