Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, anyone else ordered through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts ? Ordered 28/10 but not heard a thing since and nothing on the account!

Me, ordered 24/10, finance docs signed and received by Nationwide on 29/10. I emailed Lola at Nationwide on 22/11 for an RN number and received one a couple of days later. My order isn’t showing on my Tesla account so I contacted Tesla this morning who has said a car has not been assigned to me yet. Nationwide said at the start it would probably be late Jan for delivery.

I have emailed LeasePlan today as they are providing the finance but not had a response as yet.

Steve

A run down on my delivery experience so far;

Appointment was for 3pm at Dartford. I was advised by Tesla website and email it was a Dartford collection, I was advised by the broker it was a Dartford collection. I even dropped by the Dartford service centre on Friday to confirm it was a definite Dartford collection at 3pm.

Left in good time to make the tedious public transport journey out from London.

25 minutes prior to delivery time, whilst standing in a freezing cold bus shelter on the last leg of the journey I get a phone call from the Dartford service centre...

“your car isn’t here, it’s at Heathrow...”

Me, ordered 24/10, finance docs signed and received by Nationwide on 29/10. I emailed Lola at Nationwide on 22/11 for an RN number and received one a couple of days later. My order isn’t showing on my Tesla account so I contacted Tesla this morning who has said a car has not been assigned to me yet. Nationwide said at the start it would probably be late Jan for delivery.

I have emailed LeasePlan today as they are providing the finance but not had a response as yet.

Steve
Cheers Steve,
Waiting for a RN number now, they told me Dec delivery, what did you order? Mines a white M3 P, black int....

I spoke to Tesla today. Very helpful and answered in around 5 minutes. My SR+ order is through Leaseplan, placed mid September. Tesla advised that it had not been allocated yet and I should not expect delivery until mid to late January. They also advised I would not have it show in my account until the point that they send paperwork to Leaseplan (whatever that actually means). :)

Spoke to them today and was told the following: -
Tesla won’t link my account to the order until delivery of the car has been confirmed (ordered via Zen Auto)
Delivery of M3 LR ordered on 13/11 should be in January. (since I ordered it I have been told Feb by Zen Auto, then December by Tesla 2 weeks ago, then was told March by Tesla last week and today was told January! So who knows!!

I do hope there's a happy ending to this...
Err...

Not quite. On leaving Dartford I give the guy there 2 key requests.

1/ I absolutely must be on my way back from Heathrow by 5 if I was to have any chance of getting back to Canary Wharf by 6:30. Or else it’s not worth going.
2/ put the car on a supercharger while Im on my way to pick it up so I don’t have to hang about.

The Uber was a typical clapped out Prius, with all fuel savings measures enabled such as the air con and heating turned off, an enforced maximum speed of 56mph, windows fogged to save you the terrorising sight of being tailgated by artics, and acceleration that could best be described as glacial, much like the temperature of the interior. On the plus side, Tesla paid for it.

I arrived at 4:30. They knew who I was the moment I got in the door. The car was “Ready in just a moment, it’s just with the detailers”. (Begging the question ‘why is isn’t it already cleaned? you were expecting me one and a half hours ago’)

At 5pm the car was still nowhere to be seen. By 5:30 I was just about ready to get a train home and cancel the bloody thing. Finally after what must have been the most intense wash ever, it appeared. I gave it the once over, signed the form and drove it out of the delivery centre...

... and straight onto the supercharger for 40 minutes as the thing had a range showing of less than 90 miles. It’s barely above freezing outside, so with a stone cold battery it took forever to work up a decent charge rate. So much for charging it up for me...

I’ve just got home. My house is a 30 minute drive from the Dartford delivery centre, I should have been home 4 hours ago. You can imagine how thrilled I am with today’s delivery.

The weird thing is though, having read of tesla’s abilities and organisational skills, I’m not actually surprised any of this happened...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Coly
Err...

Not quite. On leaving Dartford I give the guy there 2 key requests.

1/ I absolutely must be on my way back from Heathrow by 5 if I was to have any chance of getting back to Canary Wharf by 6:30. Or else it’s not worth going.
2/ put the car on a supercharger while Im on my way to pick it up so I don’t have to hang about.

The Uber was a typical clapped out Prius, with all fuel savings measures enabled such as the air con and heating turned off, an enforced maximum speed of 56mph, windows fogged to save you the terrorising sight of being tailgated by artics, and acceleration that could best be described as glacial, much like the temperature of the interior. On the plus side, Tesla paid for it.

I arrived at 4:30. They knew who I was the moment I got in the door. The car was “Ready in just a moment, it’s just with the detailers”. (Begging the question ‘why is isn’t it already cleaned? you were expecting me one and a half hours ago’)

At 5pm the car was still nowhere to be seen. By 5:30 I was just about ready to get a train home and cancel the bloody thing. Finally after what must have been the most intense wash ever, it appeared. I gave it the once over, signed the form and drove it out of the delivery centre...

... and straight onto the supercharger for 40 minutes as the thing had a range showing of less than 90 miles. It’s barely above freezing outside, so with a stone cold battery it took forever to work up a decent charge rate. So much for charging it up for me...

I’ve just got home. My house is a 30 minute drive from the Dartford delivery centre, I should have been home 4 hours ago. You can imagine how thrilled I am with today’s delivery.

The weird thing is though, having read of tesla’s abilities and organisational skills, I’m not actually surprised any of this happened...
Gutted but in the same time envious.

No way should it be such a *sugar* show as this, I hope it feels worth all the agg

just called for an update, I ordered grey performance model at the start of November. The estimator said November / December delivery at that point. Called a couple of weeks after and was told 3 months, then next communication was early January. now been told I have a car assigned which is in Belgium but they are aiming to have all the cars currently "stuck" in Belgium out to everyone by Christmas.
Fingers crossed for an early Christmas present but still no VIN assigned on the Tesla account which still says preparing contract etc.
How much notice have people had to make final payment and collect etc.?

I reckon the car actually was at Dartford and they didn't dare tell you they messed up twice. Instead, the apprentice had to bring it to Heathrow but stopped for McDonald's on the way. The extra delay was for the service centre to reset to odometer and detailers to remove the chip grease from the glossy bits

• Funny
Reactions: pmg102
Gutted but in the same time envious.

No way should it be such a *sugar* show as this, I hope it feels worth all the agg

I’m sure it will be. At the moment Im not exactly experiencing the warm and fuzzy euphoria of a new car owner, since my sole experience with a model 3 is driving one across London in the rush hour, twice, whilst various kamikaze trucks and minicabs attempt to peel various panels off of it. If electric cars are more relaxing to drive, the A406 will very quickly counter the soperific effect and induce ‘pulp fiction’ quantities of Adrenalin.

What I can say from my brief exposure is that I didn’t need the performance version.

The comforts and performance of the long range car would have been just fine. I’m no stranger to fast cars. I’ve driven exotics of all types and had the chance to give them some welly when the road is clear, and none of them, barring perhaps an LCC Rocket I once played with, accelerates with the brutality of this daft family saloon. Some of the them have had better rear visibility though...

Reactions: Melman and Coly
Status
Not open for further replies.