Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a post I saw a page or two back you can contact Tesla and ask them to apply a code even after ordering.
Thanks for the offers Joelly and Mundo. I will let you know if I need yours.
Rich
If that was me, then it only worked in my case because I did in fact ask to order via a code, but my lease company forgot apply it. Tesla took pity and applied it, but I'm led to believe that I was lucky and it rarely happens.

From reading the various posts here it seems that there is no format or standard timescale for delivery, which for the second most valuable car manufacturer in the world seems crazy and very disorganised, never mind being stressful and annoying to all their customers. I have my car ordered only since 12th Jan, but don't fancy the prospect of waiting 4 months for it (as some people here seem to be doing). Have been checking Autotrader for used M3's but they all seem to be trying to capitalise on the waiting list by increasing the price. The "New Inventory" on the Tesla website is still down at present for M3's, although I see it is up again for the MS's, so maybe the M3 one will reappear soon and then I may look and see what is readily available. Does anyone know the expected waiting time from ordering from the "New Inventory" until delivery?

From reading the various posts here it seems that there is no format or standard timescale for delivery, which for the second most valuable car manufacturer in the world seems crazy and very disorganised, never mind being stressful and annoying to all their customers. I have my car ordered only since 12th Jan, but don't fancy the prospect of waiting 4 months for it (as some people here seem to be doing). Have been checking Autotrader for used M3's but they all seem to be trying to capitalise on the waiting list by increasing the price. The "New Inventory" on the Tesla website is still down at present for M3's, although I see it is up again for the MS's, so maybe the M3 one will reappear soon and then I may look and see what is readily available. Does anyone know the expected waiting time from ordering from the "New Inventory" until delivery?

Hi - a car showing in their inventory does not necessarily mean they have it in stock in the UK believe it or not. There are inventory vehicles for sale on the Irish version of the site at the moment but they don't have them in Dublin and won't for another 4 to 6 weeks is their estimate.
When it comes back up and you see one you want it's generally best to phone them to get a physical location on the vehicle before hitting the "buy" button.

Hi - a car showing in their inventory does not necessarily mean they have it in stock in the UK believe it or not. There are inventory vehicles for sale on the Irish version of the site at the moment but they don't have them in Dublin and won't for another 4 to 6 weeks is their estimate.
When it comes back up and you see one you want it's generally best to phone them to get a physical location on the vehicle before hitting the "buy" button.

Good advice, thanks Martin.... I had assumed they were local stock.

Reactions: Martin J
Hi all. First post, long time reader.

Ordered SR+ in MSM at the very start of Dec. Delivery to Manchester. No VIN yet, hidden or otherwise.

Website said Feb delivery when I ordered so they seem to be sticking to that .

I just noticed the website now says March so they seem to be managing expectations . . . maybe.

Sorry to write what you may not want to read, I have posted this here recently, I ordered my SR+ on 28th Oct., white / black
via a lease company. I am hoping it is on the next ship on its way to the EU which is the Glovis Cosmos current position about 2 days from the Panama canal.Sadly no VIN or any communication from Tesla to date !!. Do not forget to add a referral code when placing your order even if its via a lease company, I would be most grateful if you used mine, just ask.

Hi all. First post, long time reader.

Ordered SR+ in MSM at the very start of Dec. Delivery to Manchester. No VIN yet, hidden or otherwise.

Website said Feb delivery when I ordered so they seem to be sticking to that .

I just noticed the website now says March so they seem to be managing expectations . . . maybe.
I ordered on 4th Jan and have a hidden vin already. Collection in Manchester too, mine is white though so that may be the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.