Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post from me, just signed up - my office ordered mine via a leasing company, Tesla confirmed the order mid-August. They have confirmed I now have a VIN, so I reckon mine (M3SR+, Midnight Grey/standard Black premium interior) is on the Glovis Cosmos, which is just off the coast of El Salvador: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic - been a long wait, looking forward to collecting it in Edinburgh!

[M3 AWD LR, white][Lease - octopusev][10/01/2020][Edinburgh][Not Matched]

Hey - I've been keeping an eye on this daily and it's sometimes difficult to pick apart the key information from general chat. I have a suggestion that replies with order/delivery info begin with the following format:

[SPEC][DIRECT/LEASE][ORDER DATE][DELIVERY LOCATION][VIN MATCHED/ NOT MATCHED / DELIVERY DATE]

You can see mine as the first line in bold as an example. What do people think? Have any other suggestions/additions?

• Disagree
Reactions: chewystuey
[M3 AWD LR, white][Lease - octopusev][10/01/2020][Edinburgh][Not Matched]

Hey - I've been keeping an eye on this daily and it's sometimes difficult to pick apart the key information from general chat. I have a suggestion that replies with order/delivery info begin with the following format:

[SPEC][DIRECT/LEASE][ORDER DATE][DELIVERY LOCATION][VIN MATCHED/ NOT MATCHED / DELIVERY DATE]

You can see mine as the first line in bold as an example. What do people think? Have any other suggestions/additions?

Good idea. I've thought the same thing.

In case anyone’s interested - SR+ no longer seems to be available with white interior and both it and LR now have the option of 19” wheels.

Interesting. It seems that many of the SR+ vehicles that people are waiting obscene lengths of time for have white interiors. I wonder if Tesla pulled the production plug on SR+ white interior a while back, but failed to update the ordering process in time... Perhaps people are waiting for a spec that simply isn't made any more?

Last edited:
Two things:
1) was told by [email protected] that they wouldn't add a code, in my case a week after order
2) Are deliveries of the Performance trim showing up with the grey 20" wheels? I have not seen a single real pick of a delivered car with them.

Attachments

• 20200115_124922.jpg
    20200115_124922.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200115_122244.jpg
    20200115_122244.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 41
Same, ordered on 9th Jan and 582xx. Same spec. Was surprised that ~70k cars have been produced since then...what's the daily output of Fremont?

You cannot use the VIN numbers issued to calculate production. They don't make the cars sequentially so a 600k VIN could be actually made before a 500k VIN. They do this on purpose, VIN numbers are randomly allocated during production. The month and year the car is manufactured will be on a sticker inside the door apparently.

[M3 SR+, MSM/Black][Lease -Lex][16/09/2019][Heathrow][Not Matched]

First post from me, just signed up - my office ordered mine via a leasing company, Tesla confirmed the order mid-August. They have confirmed I now have a VIN, so I reckon mine (M3SR+, Midnight Grey/standard Black premium interior) is on the Glovis Cosmos, which is just off the coast of El Salvador: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic - been a long wait, looking forward to collecting it in Edinburgh!

I'll stop feeling so hard done by seeing as your identical order is even earlier than mine.

The Cosmos is further along than that as that site has not updated for quite a while. Try here for a more up to date position

GLOVIS COSMOS Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9707027) - VesselFinder

Went into Edinburgh Tesla store today. Despite not having yet received an email, they told me that I had been allocated a VIN and showed me the invoice which will be being sent shortly. Ordered Model 3 LR blue, black interior, no tow bar on 18 Dec. Said was on ship and expect to take deliver 2nd half February.

Ordered my M3P White/White on wed. The website said expected March for delivery.

I leave my current job next week and I have to give my company Model S P100d back, so I hope it doesn’t take too long for delivery...

I had an email saying my finance got approved but it isn’t updated in the Tesla portal since it said that on Wednesday, is that expected ?

Apparently, the white will extend my eta :/

Ordered my M3P White/White on wed. The website said expected March for delivery.

I leave my current job next week and I have to give my company Model S P100d back, so I hope it doesn’t take too long for delivery...

I had an email saying my finance got approved but it isn’t updated in the Tesla portal since it said that on Wednesday, is that expected ?

Just give them a call, someone needs to manually do the update, shouldn’t be an issue if you have the email. Something similar happened to me, I resubmitted my application as I wanted to change the deposit amount on the PCP. I got two emails within minutes, one rejecting my application and one accepting my application. But there was no detail on the email (as you know), plus the website wasn’t updated, so I called them. Took two minutes to sort out.

About two weeks later I changed the annual mileage as well, I increased it. The reality was the cost of paying excess mileage would likely have been a cheaper option, but I did it more for peace of mind and it reduced the final payment. Again, took a minute to resubmit the change and get the approval.

So long story short.. too late I know. They seem pretty flexible and quick, it shouldn’t impact your eta. Just get used looking at shipping movements.... :)

Last edited:

e-mail [email protected] and they will manually update it, i had to do that but they replied within minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.