Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My lease company stated 14 week lead time when ordering. I originally ordered lease on 27th September, lease company said price had changed and I had to do another order, this was done on the 17th October (£20 a month more) after sorting paper work this was order on 31st October. I was informed mid feb delivery which changed to end of Feb and when I called Tesla it’s now 2nd week March Ordered M3SR+ white/black with tow. Not seeing many orders with ties for those still waiting...

My lease company stated 14 week lead time when ordering. I originally ordered lease on 27th September, lease company said price had changed and I had to do another order, this was done on the 17th October (£20 a month more) after sorting paper work this was order on 31st October. I was informed mid feb delivery which changed to end of Feb and when I called Tesla it’s now 2nd week March Ordered M3SR+ white/black with tow. Not seeing many orders with ties for those still waiting...

Tows not Ties

Just got off the phone with Tesla.
They have confirmed my car is on the challenge and will be ready last week feb, 1st week March.
Thought mine was on the cosmos as my vin appear in the secret screen as it was going through the canal. Oh well few more days....

actually a question,
If they try to deliver last week in Feb and I delay till March will it have a 20 plate? Or will they assign a reg as it is delivered from zebrugge so it will be a 69 (fnar fnar) anyway??
The 69 or 20 plate, in my opinion, is less important than date of Registration to DVLA.
Maybe I missed something else..

I've ordered a M3LR with a tow bar and I do wonder if that's going to slow it down.
I ordered a SR+ with tow bar on 3rd Jan and got the text yesterday saying it will be delivered in Feb. So I don’t think the tow bar is a particular problem.

I’m quite new to this so only guessing but think it’s just luck really. Unless they’re actually short on parts (eg 19in wheels) then it seems to be a question of where your car fits in with everyone else’s orders and their production forecasts.

So all the Intel is pointing towards there being no M3P on the next boat to arrive in Europe (due to land tomorrow at 8:00pm in Zeebrugge and then Southampton on 11th Feb), and there being NO TESLA SHIPMENTS FROM THE END OF MARCH UNTIL JUNE!

So, any orders other than performance variants should have a good chance, and those of us with a M3P on order (including myself) should have fingers crossed that the following ship (GLOVIS CHALLENGE due on 16th Feb in Zeebrugge) has a number of RHD M3P aboard!

I spoke to Tesla yesterday and they categorically stayed that two of the M3Ps I have ordered are allocated and in ships. One is due to dock end of Feb and the other is a couple of weeks behind current between San Fran and Panama

So all the Intel is pointing towards there being no M3P on the next boat to arrive in Europe (due to land tomorrow at 8:00pm in Zeebrugge and then Southampton on 11th Feb), and there being NO TESLA SHIPMENTS FROM THE END OF MARCH UNTIL JUNE!

So, any orders other than performance variants should have a good chance, and those of us with a M3P on order (including myself) should have fingers crossed that the following ship (GLOVIS CHALLENGE due on 16th Feb in Zeebrugge) has a number of RHD M3P aboard!

So checking this out again Mr Miserable from the 2020 shippingt believes that GLOVIS CHALLENGE is due into Zeebrugge on 16 Feb and then sheduled into Southampton on 24 Feb. T this would be too far apart to be Tesla associated at the moment....so all eyes on the next boat ....

I periodically go onto the Tesla website to place a mock order, to see if prices have changed, etc and also just to remind myself of what I'm aiming to get. Just did it now, and noticed that Tesla now seem to only want £100 deposit (I'm sure it was £750 previously)...

Screenshot 2020-02-07 20.58.02.png

That mirrors what I have been told by my leasing company.
That mirrors what I have been told by my leasing company.

So according to the 2020 Shipping Movements thread (much kudos to Mr Miserable) this would mean that anyone with a M3P on order should be watching the arrival of the Grand Mark and Brooklands into Zeebrugge, which apparently are the boats coming into Europe at end of Feb and start of march respectively.

So yours was a Tusker order? I tried to educate them on the standard 14 week estimate for a Model 3 when my order was placed in October, as Tesla stated a December delivery window. And guess what, I was initially matched in December, but then had to delay. Seems like a lot of peoples issues are due a misalignment of the information from lease companies to Tesla's schedules. Funny how the lease companies blame Tesla for the unusual ordering system, when they don't take notice of the published lead times that are freely available!

I periodically go onto the Tesla website to place a mock order, to see if prices have changed, etc and also just to remind myself of what I'm aiming to get. Just did it now, and noticed that Tesla now seem to only want £100 deposit (I'm sure it was £750 previously)...

View attachment 508996
I just placed my order this evening, and was surprised that it's dropped from £750 to £100. I've wired my Deposit across. Just hoping my reservation get's confirmed sooner than later .

So according to the 2020 Shipping Movements thread (much kudos to Mr Miserable) this would mean that anyone with a M3P on order should be watching the arrival of the Grand Mark and Brooklands into Zeebrugge, which apparently are the boats coming into Europe at end of Feb and start of march respectively.
Spoke to Tesla yesterday about my m3p and was told it’s on the challenge!

M4 now sold so I’ve got a hire car for next week but not sure what to do beyond that. All this talk of no Performance models this side of June makes me think I’m going to need to get a cheap car for that period.

Odd though that I have had a hidden VIN for a couple of weeks which would previously have meant that it would be on a ship, possibly having just passed through the canal. No news from Tesla, obvs (as the kids say).

Status
Not open for further replies.