Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the inventory cars is exactly my spec but in London, seems strange that they can't move them around to fulfil existing orders. I'm not going to risk changing my order though.

Still no VIN for me, I'm really hoping I get something when the GLOVIS CAPTAIN sails or I'm in for a long wait...

Edit: Is there anything I can do? Changing delivery location wouldn't be the end of the world but I don't want to make a huge mess of it and delay things even further.
Do what I did. Get an inventory one and take possession then cancel your previous order.

Simple and much quicker!

I called to find out how to transfer my order to the inventory spec. I was told I had to buy the inventory model online and then call to cancel my previous reservation and transfer my finance to the new car. Ordered immediately online and called up to cancel my order and transfer the PCP only to be told I have to now confirm everything in writing, but only by email.

Fired an email off to [email protected] and I'll hopefully hear soon with confirmation it has all been actioned.

I did the same thing last Friday (only difference being it's a cash purchase rather than PCP). The lady on the phone said to either phone or email deliveryGB. After placing the inventory order, I sent an email asking them to cancel the first order, and move the deposit over to the second. A VIN appeared on my first order, a few hours later. I didnt get a response to the email (until today actually). On Monday I called up the sales number, and took the option to Cancel my order - it took a little while to get through to someone, but after explaining the situation the guy checked both orders, and said that the invetory one was definatly in the UK, so he cancelled the first one, and transferred the deposit over - and said that he'd contact fulfilment to get me booked in for collection. Within a couple of hours the first order disappeared from the website, and the additional deposit appeared in the "existingDeposit" field in the source code (If you think looking for a hidden VIN is addictive, try sending money to tesla and looking for it to appear in the hidden ExistingDeposit.) On Wednesday I got the Delivery text, scheduling it for next wednesday.

According to another thread when I asked the same question Southampton apparently is code for the car not being on land yet. There isn't a SC in Southampton (one listed as coming soon on Tesla website though).

I also didn't know you could buy an inventory car and choose your pickup location! If I'd known that I would've probably pulled the trigger on the now long-gone blue/white M3P that was there earlier. :(

I also didn't know you could buy an inventory car and choose your pickup location! If I'd known that I would've probably pulled the trigger on the now long-gone blue/white M3P that was there earlier. :(

Didn't know that either so I feel your pain, the other M3P would've been perfect for me. Hope the owner enjoys it though. To be fair I still need to sell at least one car before I have space for my Model 3.

Hey folks,

I'm going for a bog standard M3 SR+, no upgrades - what sort of timescales should I expect? I've got a 320i to hand back and want to make sure I'm not left without a car for a huge period of time. I do appreciate that this may very much be a case of "How long is a piece of string!" with Tesla's track record, but you all seem pretty clued up a noob like me.

Thanks,

Greg.

Copied over from my 'Outstanding LR Orders' thread:

Just been on to Tesla, and the same guy again. He's clearly sick of me calling once a week... Anyways, he said all is good and a car is on its way. I'm welcome to call again but to leave it until mid March when there will be more visibility and to expect the car end of March, early April.

I sort of feel a bit of relief, but not really...

It seams to be random who you actually talk to when you phone the Maidenhead number +44 1628 450604

What I have noticed is most of the time they already know my RN number (80% of time). Occasionally they don’t. The times when they ask my RN number they seam to have more. knowledge (this isn’t a scientific analysis!). e.g I called on 11 Feb and they didn’t ask for RN and they told me collection day estimate is last 3 days of Feb. When I asked which boat they said I can’t access that info. They actually couldn’t tell me anything else. I called today and had to give RN. This chap new exactly were the car is, which vessel (I didn’t even have to ask him). He said vessel getting into Zebb tonight. Expected delivery 3rd week March! I quizzed on why so long to deliver. He said Heathrow is busiest collection point and the collection slots are already filling fast, so delivery is likely dependant on slot availability not car arrival!

Honestly, I don't think Tesla delivery line people know which boat it's on. I think they're starting to say it to sound more positive for customers, but I doubt it says on their system which boat it's assigned to.
Apparently there is a Ship voyage reference which can be used to identify the boat the car is on.....Tesla wouldn't give me mine when I asked but others have been given this.

I was told exactly the same. M3P also.

However the dates he gave don’t tie up. He said it was due in uk on the 12th with a couple of days processing, so pick up around 15th onwards. The ship arrives in Zee tonight, so where does the 12th come from? Surely it can’t take over 2 weeks to get here!

My current lease going back 15th so buttocks are twitching

My lease co are saying delivery 8th March, give or take a few days, that would tie in with the Grand Mark, which docks on 22nd in Zee, however Zee port arrivals have it down as 23rd at 1am. It’s then on to Southampton and due on 25th. Fingers crossed it is on that ship.

Hey folks,

I'm going for a bog standard M3 SR+, no upgrades - what sort of timescales should I expect? I've got a 320i to hand back and want to make sure I'm not left without a car for a huge period of time. I do appreciate that this may very much be a case of "How long is a piece of string!" with Tesla's track record, but you all seem pretty clued up a noob like me.

Thanks,

Greg.
I got mine in 6 weeks but at a guess i'd say to consult your local medium

I ordered 7 Jan, and had a text on 20 Jan offering me a car, but which I had to decline as it was way too soon (expecting it to take 3-4 months) - they called and asked me what was the earliest I could take it, and I said April. Fine, they said, we'll note that on your file. Now I've just had another text offering me a car .... I can't fault their enthusiasm to get me a car, but .....!

I ordered 7 Jan, and had a text on 20 Jan offering me a car, but which I had to decline as it was way too soon (expecting it to take 3-4 months) - they called and asked me what was the earliest I could take it, and I said April. Fine, they said, we'll note that on your file. Now I've just had another text offering me a car .... I can't fault their enthusiasm to get me a car, but .....!
From what's been said, if you don't take delivery by the end of March then you're likely to be waiting until May/June

Reactions: ringi
Status
Not open for further replies.