Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - new poster here.

ordered a completely basic white SR+, black interior no options added through my companies fleet provider - fleet alliance 14th Jan. Fleet insist they have had no information from Tesla and no RN but that it has been ordered. 17th Feb they (Fleet) asked me to confirm my collection location - Bristol. Would anyone else hazard a guess that this means they have only actually placed the order at this point? Anyone else have experience ordering through fleet alliance? Despite the email from Fleet saying once I’d confirmed the collection location they’d be able to confirm my RN they still can’t (or won’t) seem to provide it. As many others have repeatedly mentioned, I don’t mind the wait so much as the total lack of clarity. Am I looking at Q1 or Q2 (June) delivery?
I had a similar ordering scenario. The first time I knew for certain the order had been placed was when I received an email from Tesla inviting me to set up an on-line account. When that's been set up, others have said they can find a hidden VIN on their account page (there's a chrome add-in for this), but that's never appeared for me and I collect my car on Tuesday (ordered 21st Nov 2019).

Is there any reason to believe (or fear) that the end of quarter push will mean the quality of fit and finish would go down?

I realise that's a bit of an emotive and unknowable question, but given my car is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN which seems to be the last ship coming in before end of Q1, I have a worry - perhaps irrational - that any kind of delay in getting to Zeebrugge, or onward to Southampton, or on from there would translate to limited (rushed?) time for PDI, etc (assuming that even happens).

Then there's the fact there would presumably have been a greater push to make cars to get them on that boat. Faster production = lower quality?

I'm quite willing to be told I'm completely overthinking it, I just wonder to myself how "dangerous" it is to get a car that is coming right at the end of the quarter push.

Is there any reason to believe (or fear) that the end of quarter push will mean the quality of fit and finish would go down?

I realise that's a bit of an emotive and unknowable question, but given my car is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN which seems to be the last ship coming in before end of Q1, I have a worry - perhaps irrational - that any kind of delay in getting to Zeebrugge, or onward to Southampton, or on from there would translate to limited (rushed?) time for PDI, etc (assuming that even happens).

Then there's the fact there would presumably have been a greater push to make cars to get them on that boat. Faster production = lower quality?

I'm quite willing to be told I'm completely overthinking it, I just wonder to myself how "dangerous" it is to get a car that is coming right at the end of the quarter push.
I can’t imagine they would’ve tried to speed up the production, not enough to be an issue anyway! Most of it is robots now anyway. It seems the quality of Tesla’s have flown up in the last few years so i don’t think you need to worry, just have a really good look over the car before taking delivery! Bring along the delivery checklist!

Reactions: Durzel
Just got my text too, no email. Bit worrying if you have an unreliable mobile, as there's no email and they only give you a day to reply?!

Ordered inventory on 24th Feb, collecting 16th March in Leeds, 10.30am.
Yeah. I went on to my Tesla account "Manage" page expecting there to be a link on there too, but it looked no different at all. No option to choose date, no indication that the status is now "waiting for appointment confirmation", etc.

If I hadn't had the text for whatever reason I'd be none the wiser about them expecting me to give a delivery date within 24 hours.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Status
Not open for further replies.