Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it will help others, and I know this is in the thread somewhere, but beware of lease companies putting a 'hold' on VIN matching...

I ordered through a lease company with the order being placed on Tesla on the 12th of January. I have called Tesla a number of times (5) to check on why I wasn't getting matched - each time being told I'd just have to wait.

On Friday I got through to a really helpful guy at Tesla UK who was as surprised as me that I didn't have a delivery date yet - he dug a bit deeper and then told me that the lease company had requested no matching until after the 1st of April!

I have no clue why this was requested (I will be picking that up with the lease company), and I also have no idea why this was the first time I had been told that fact by Tesla.

That restriction has now been removed (well, that's what he said) so I am waiting to be matched - but I'm thinking that I'm looking at May/June now because of this :(.

Worst bit was when the guy said "you'd have got your car ages ago if that wasn't on there..."
:mad:.

Moral of the story, check that there is no restriction on matching if you're having issues...
Exactly the same for me!! With zenith. Order submitted 8 Jan.

They'd put a hold till 28 March and only the 4th/5th time I called the guy I spoke to (probably same person as you) dug into it and told me about that.

Same as you they've apparently removed it now but no news as yet.

Ah yes now I understand. I do remember that not a single one of those inventory Long Range vehicles had the sport wheels. Completely agree with you I prefer the sport wheels and could never have the aero's. Even without the caps, the alloy below is far from pleasing on the eye...in my humble opinion.

I have to admit the only reason I ordered the M3 was because they started offering the 19” Sport Wheels and an option.

In hindsight I wish I would’ve ordered the Aero Wheels and used the £1500 option to buy a second set of nice alloys to have two sets.

Reactions: TheManofMead
Exactly the same for me!! With zenith. Order submitted 8 Jan.

They'd put a hold till 28 March and only the 4th/5th time I called the guy I spoke to (probably same person as you) dug into it and told me about that.

Same as you they've apparently removed it now but no news as yet.

I originally ordered with Zenith back in January but changed my order for the M3P early on in Feb. I was told that I'd have to wait until July (confirmed by my confirmation email from Zenith when I changed) but was happy to wait until then.

I got a text from Tesla last week saying it was ready for collection on 25/03 - I originally thought this was a mistake but called Tesla and they confirmed it was on-track for then.

I haven't had a registration/VIN or anything like that though and no car is on my Tesla account. Is what you're talking about related? Zenith seem to have no urgency/organisation about anything.

• Love
Reactions: Shaney
What's the over / under on me being able to actually collect my car from Bristol Tesla on 27/03? :(

Unfortuntely for me the handover location is inside The Mall at Cribbs Causeway, which is massive. I can't see the Govt banning all non-food shops from opening just yet, but with France and Spain moving in that direction it might not be too far away. The cars are situated outside though, I'd be happy to do the actual handover there.

I've paid in full already, stupidly hadn't even occured to me really that events might overtake me.
I’m collecting mine on 24th and had thought about this... BUT... they’re currently installing (pretty much done) a load of Superchargers (the guy at the store in the mall strongly hinted they were V3 chargers) at the SC. I’m guessing that they’re going to do the deliveries there starting at some point. Coronavirus may force their hand to start doing them there sooner... just a hopeful thought...

I originally ordered with Zenith back in January but changed my order for the M3P early on in Feb. I was told that I'd have to wait until July (confirmed by my confirmation email from Zenith when I changed) but was happy to wait until then.

I got a text from Tesla last week saying it was ready for collection on 25/03 - I originally thought this was a mistake but called Tesla and they confirmed it was on-track for then.

I haven't had a registration/VIN or anything like that though and no car is on my Tesla account. Is what you're talking about related? Zenith seem to have no urgency/organisation about anything.
No this is different. When I ordered with zenith I put a preferred delivery date as end of March. But what they appear to have done when ordering from Tesla is put a "hold" so that no car is allowed to be matched until 28 March. Which is really problematic given the way we know how all of this shipping and matching stuff works.

Yours seems to be the opposite actually! It sounds like they *didn't* put a hold on your order when it actually would have benefited you if you were ok to wait till next Q!

Anyway, apparently Tesla took the hold off on Tues/weds this week but I haven't heard anything since and now just feel like I need to wait it out and not worry about it so much. Hard to do but all this tracking just drives me nuts haha

I’m collecting mine on 24th and had thought about this... BUT... they’re currently installing (pretty much done) a load of Superchargers (the guy at the store in the mall strongly hinted they were V3 chargers) at the SC. I’m guessing that they’re going to do the deliveries there starting at some point. Coronavirus may force their hand to start doing them there sooner... just a hopeful thought...

If that is Bristol SC, the superchargers being installed are V2

• Informative
Reactions: rjjj and Durzel
So after an utterly chaotic delivery experience on Friday we’ve had a great weekend enjoying the car - safe to say it has exceeded expectations!

Apologies if this question has been posted elsewhere but should the car have been delivered with a type 2 cable? Just want to make sure before I order one.

My SR+ is due to be delivered on Monday. Today, as a precautionary measure, I called AutoXP on the number that was given by TJPUK (cheers) and they’ve been extremely polite and helpful.

The lady confirmed they were seeing big issues and were currently running about 1 day behind, however that would be caught up with the Saturday deliveries due tomorrow.

And anyone on a Monday delivery, such as myself, would still be getting their car on Monday.

Hmmm...so tomorrow is the day for me. When I spoke with AutoXP on Friday, they said they'd email me confirmation later on that day. I received nothing. Anyone else here have delivery tomorrow (Monday) and heard anything over the weekend?

No this is different. When I ordered with zenith I put a preferred delivery date as end of March. But what they appear to have done when ordering from Tesla is put a "hold" so that no car is allowed to be matched until 28 March. Which is really problematic given the way we know how all of this shipping and matching stuff works.

Yours seems to be the opposite actually! It sounds like they *didn't* put a hold on your order when it actually would have benefited you if you were ok to wait till next Q!

Anyway, apparently Tesla took the hold off on Tues/weds this week but I haven't heard anything since and now just feel like I need to wait it out and not worry about it so much. Hard to do but all this tracking just drives me nuts haha
Zenith - I ordered and requested a delivery after 6th April for bik purposes (ordered end of Feb.), didnt for a second think I would be matched up for on 14th March pickup 24th.

Reactions: bhav
Why in hindsight? Just because of cost? I'm due to collect SRP with 19" this friday.

I pick my SR+ up on 19” Sport Wheels on Thursday.
Mostly because if I found range to severely depleted in winter months the Aeros could go back on and help with that.
Not necessarily cost...more that for the same price I could have had two full sets of wheels for the car. In winter months the Aeros could have gone back on to help with the range etc.

That said it’s not an issue. The car is going to look great in the 19’s.

Hmmm...so tomorrow is the day for me. When I spoke with AutoXP on Friday, they said they'd email me confirmation later on that day. I received nothing. Anyone else here have delivery tomorrow (Monday) and heard anything over the weekend?

I am due a delivery today but haven’t heard anything over the weekend. Last communication was an email from FleetXP on Thursday confirming delivery address and date (16 March).

Status
Not open for further replies.