Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More seriously, I do agree. I don’t have either of those at the moment (kids!) but do have an Up GTi (which is more fun than i can describe!) At some point i’ll go and get a manual, simple sports car before the ban in 2035.

It won’t be as fast as my M3P, but will be fun to drive. The current craze of DSG / tiptronic etc. upsets me - used to have a Golf R manual, but there is no new manual one. It might have to be something like an Elise (had one of those before too), or a Type R, or even the new mad Yaris! Have to see when (if!) i get there.
Totally agree about the feeling of driving something analogue. I was planning to keep the car but think it won't be driven (kid!) And will probably develop more issues every time I take it out after prolonged standing. It seems like it's not happy about replaced as it's developed a string of niggles since ordering the M3......

I had mt LR delivered yesterday by AutoXP. Timeline and experience for those interested:

Ordered- 8/11 through Lex as part of a company car scheme
No proactive contact or meaningful updates until 2/3 when I called Tesla to get some details required for OLEV grant, at this point I had been given a VIN, initial estimated delivery date (Lex did not have this) and confirmed what ship my car was on.
Delivery estimate from Lex - got an estimate on 6/3 which validated what Tesla told me on 2/3
Delivery Confirmation - Tesla Direct (AutoXP) sent delivery confirmation on 9/3 to confirm delivery for 12/3
Delivery rescheduled - got a call from AutoXP 11/3 confirming delivery needs to be moved to 13/3
Delivered - 13/3 - no texts, emails (other than those stated above) or other contact made. I called AutoXP at 11:55am to get an update and they told me driver was enroute and I got the car about an hour after this call!

The car is amazing, really lived up to my expectations, to top it off I have not found any issues with it and will not be looking for any from today!

The delivery experience was poor given how expensive these vehicles are, in my case the car turned up dirty both inside and out. I knew a lot more about the car than the person driving it - thanks to this forum and Tesla facebook groups - so had I not known much all I would have been taught is how to open the frunk, trunk, charge port and how the gears worked...
The guy delivering the car would have washed it had he found a car wash, thankfully he didn't find one otherwise I may have had complaints about the paint and swirl marks!!!

I had the car connected to my wifi, set up driver profiles and connected my phone app within minutes. It started updating to 2020.4.2 straight away and as my router is only 3ish metres away it downloaded very very quick! My overall experience has been good and would still recommend the car to friends and family even though they may have months of frustration in the lead up to delivery however the first 10 mins of driving the car makes it all worthwhile!

Reactions: bhav
I find it really odd how we're all recieving notifications/requests at different times when compared to other users whose vehicles have been deleivered on the same boat so broadly being delivered in parallel. Mine arrived on the Asian King which was the catalyst for recieving a text to book delivery on 6th March. The earliest I could have done so was the 19th but opted for 23rd March due to work. I got an invoice on Thursday 12th March and transferred the funds over just before lunch on the Friday 13th. I've still not had any confirmation from Tesla that they've recieved the funds which was causing a little concern. So, I called Tesla (Sat 14th, 17:00) who couldn't clarify. Apparantly, all acocunts are managed in Amsterdam who don't work weekends and hadn't 'emptied' the monies prior to the weekend to confirm my final payment. This means I'm going to have to wait until Monday to recall and get clarification that the funds have landed, fingers crossed!

Oh, a little tip, I asked if I could pick the car up fully charged as my home charging point has not yet been installed and I'm driving a distance shortly after the pick up for work. Apparantly, if you ask for the car to be put on a supercharger before you sign the invoice its use is free to charge it up. However, the minute you sign the invoice you have to pay to do so. I know its only a couple of quid but reduces hassle working out how to pay and adding payment cards etc for the supercharging on delivery day when your heads probably going to be spinning!

Reactions: M3PMike
Oh, a little tip, I asked if I could pick the car up fully charged as my home charging point has not yet been installed and I'm driving a distance shortly after the pick up for work. Apparantly, if you ask for the car to be put on a supercharger before you sign the invoice its use is free to charge it up. However, the minute you sign the invoice you have to pay to do so. I know its only a couple of quid but reduces hassle working out how to pay and adding payment cards etc for the supercharging on delivery day when your heads probably going to be spinning!

Not sure I follow what you mean. You get free supercharging for the day of delivery as I was told by Tesla.
What costs a couple of hundred quid?

I find it really odd how we're all recieving notifications/requests at different times when compared to other users whose vehicles have been deleivered on the same boat so broadly being delivered in parallel. Mine arrived on the Asian King which was the catalyst for recieving a text to book delivery on 6th March. The earliest I could have done so was the 19th but opted for 23rd March due to work. I got an invoice on Thursday 12th March and transferred the funds over just before lunch on the Friday 13th. I've still not had any confirmation from Tesla that they've recieved the funds which was causing a little concern. So, I called Tesla (Sat 14th, 17:00) who couldn't clarify. Apparantly, all acocunts are managed in Amsterdam who don't work weekends and hadn't 'emptied' the monies prior to the weekend to confirm my final payment. This means I'm going to have to wait until Monday to recall and get clarification that the funds have landed, fingers crossed!

just search for 'existingdeposit' in your source code, that will save ages on the phone. I transferred mine on a Friday and it appeared in there on Monday afternoon

Reactions: JoBoo
It’s pretty clear that UK orders/delivery teams are getting completely overwhelmed with delivery volumes, and probably people are putting up with faults etc just to have the car, this would not be happening with other brands.

Anyone rejected a car on delivery day yet ?

Not sure I follow what you mean. You get free supercharging for the day of delivery as I was told by Tesla.
What costs a couple of hundred quid?
When you pick up from the dealership they will supercharge it for free up until you sign on the dotted line and ownership transfers to you. Once that occurs then you pay. So, if you ask when you land at the dealership for them to hook it up to a supercharger the car should be full by the time you've done the presentation etc.

When you pick up from the dealership they will supercharge it for free up until you sign on the dotted line and ownership transfers to you. Once that occurs then you pay. So, if you ask when you land at the dealership for them to hook it up to a supercharger the car should be full by the time you've done the presentation etc.

I was told by Tesla that you get free supercharging on the day of collection yesterday. I was trying to retrospectively add a referral code as when I ordered the car I did not know you had to order it through a link. I thought you just added it at some stage during the order. They flat out refused to add a referral after the fact but said I could use any supercharger on day of collection free of charge.

And I misread the couple of quid as couple of hundred quid for some reason.

Not quite what I’m after is up just yet as I need to switch to a black & white performance. Just noticing lots have FSD so thought i’d see if anyone had any idea!
I doubt they would as I imagine they would rather wait and see if someone will pay for it with FSD as listed... Given how inventory has sold out consistently all the time I'm guessing they're confident on that.

Bumped into the owner of a white on white m3 sr+ with tow hitch today and had a chat.
I was recently told by Tesla that no more white on white sr+ will be available and that if I wanted a car anytime soon I should change to a black interior.
True to his word I am now due to pick a white sr+ with black interior on Friday.
My annoyance is this guy ordered his 2 months after me and has had it for 2 weeks!

Bumped into the owner of a white on white m3 sr+ with tow hitch today and had a chat.
I was recently told by Tesla that no more white on white sr+ will be available and that if I wanted a car anytime soon I should change to a black interior.
True to his word I am now due to pick a white sr+ with black interior on Friday.
My annoyance is this guy ordered his 2 months after me and has had it for 2 weeks!
What do you mean "pick"?

Status
Not open for further replies.