Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received text below. I pick up Wednesday from Dartford
Tesla Update: We are pleased to advise that our Tesla Delivery Locations will remain open for your upcoming delivery. All handovers will be low-touch to ensure your safety. We therefore recommend checking out our support videos to familiarize yourself with your car in advance: Model 3 Support Videos | Tesla. Please respond 'Yes' to this SMS to confirm your attendance or 'No' if you require further assistance. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Just received text below. I pick up Wednesday from Dartford
Tesla Update: We are pleased to advise that our Tesla Delivery Locations will remain open for your upcoming delivery. All handovers will be low-touch to ensure your safety. We therefore recommend checking out our support videos to familiarize yourself with your car in advance: Model 3 Support Videos | Tesla. Please respond 'Yes' to this SMS to confirm your attendance or 'No' if you require further assistance. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
I just received the same text too. I pick up at Heathrow on Weds

A lot can happen between now and Wednesday. I'm due to pick up Friday but getting skittish that there is bound to be an escalation of closures or even lockdowns between now and then. If non-essential businesses are forced to close then where does that leave us? I don't really want to have my car delivered by someone, and I'd like the opportunity to get any minor things fixed on the day if at all posssible.

A lot can happen between now and Wednesday. I'm due to pick up Friday but getting skittish that there is bound to be an escalation of closures or even lockdowns between now and then. If non-essential businesses are forced to close then where does that leave us? I don't really want to have my car delivered by someone, and I'd like the opportunity to get any minor things fixed on the day if at all posssible.
You’re right, it may go belly up before then, but if it does, home delivery will start. I suspect that the Ranger service will be busy as a result.

Reactions: Durzel
Also regarding the text - I'm not entirely sure what replying with YES or NO actually means. No = "I want further assistance", but does that mean at the handover, or right now? The email that accompanied that text mentioned about a "Ludicrous handover" where they meet you in the valet area, though that might be specific to where I'm collecting from.

- Ordered inventory vehicle Saturday night
- Just received delivery/collection confirmation for 30 March at 11.30am from Park Royal (down the road from me)

Very high risk that it won't be feasible a week from now but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some kind of solution.

In parallel, trying to get Zenith to swap over the RN (since my 8 Jan order is STILL not matched for exactly the same spec, for some bizarre reason). Apparently being sorted but that could still result in a screw up if they don't sort out the payment for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.