Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also a key worker, car was on GLOVIS CAPTAIN, I'm at Leeds for pickup at the moment, car is ready in about an hour.

Let us know how you get on. I don't care about my car delivery being bumped for NHS & essential workers, obviously. Now that I know I can't collect I'm ok to wait for however long until it's ready to be delivered, hopefully won't be too long.

just had a chat with Leeds. Lovely chat with the lady who’s name I didn’t get. I’m a keyworker (paramedic) due to collect tomorrow but my car is stuck in Southampton. They’re seeing what they can do and will let the lease company know apparently but I’ll just keep an eye on here too. Going to make it a nightmare getting to work now but can’t be helped

Reactions: 94jdh
After querying the original "Yes" or "No" message, spoke to Tesla both yesterday and today in my case. Told to reply "No" which I did so around 10.00am today. 30 minutes later got a call from Tesla saying car delivery will be rescheduled in due course (I was originally due to collect on Friday 27/03/2020). It will not be reallocated to anyone else as its my car and its nothing more than the current situation that they can't get it to me and I can't collect from them. In one of the conversations the Tesla employee indicated persons replying "Yes" with tenuous justifications for their car being essential are naughty rascals.

Meant to be collecting Friday at Birmingham so just given them a call to see if the car is on site and told me it’s meant to be delivered tomorrow! When I asked him if the transporters were still running he answered with there are a couple of issues in the current climate and suggested I call again tomorrow!
Not sure what to do now as have a broker trying to add it to the fleet insurance for Friday and I know it’s not going to be there with all this going on.

I had a call from Tesla Bristol earlier too, after I telephoned them to make sure they received my response to the text offering delivery.

I don't think they really know what's happening at the moment, and can't really give any assurances at this point (understandably). The only thing that is known is lots of cars - perhaps all from GLOVIS CAPTAIN minus whatever could be transported before yesterday - are all stuck there with no way of extracating them currently.

I'm anticipating it being weeks before I get mine, as a regular Joe. I'm back to a hidden VIN and hoping that this lockdown doesn't last longer than 3 weeks.. but it is almost certain it will, and may possibly get even more restrictive.

I'm in the same boat, Was going to collect today from Bristol at 2 pm but appointment has vanished from the account now. Graham from Bristol sales had called me yesterday and explained the situation. It's fine. I see prepare for delivery message now. Unprecedented times.

Was due to collect my M3P from Edinburgh tomorrow, just had a call from a lovely woman (no caller ID on my phone) who said my car is in Southampton and they don’t know when it will be here. I’m a key worker (Doctor) so they will do what they can to get it to me, potentially home delivery. Can’t remember the lady’s name but she seemed positively surprised that I didn’t make a fuss, I get the feeling that some of her calls have been a bit more challenging.

I am not a key worker and it is a 320 mile round trip to collect the car so I replied NO to the text. My delivery was scheduled for the 30th for those in a similar situation have you paid the balance in full or have you held off to see what is happening?

Let us know how you get on. I don't care about my car delivery being bumped for NHS & essential workers, obviously. Now that I know I can't collect I'm ok to wait for however long until it's ready to be delivered, hopefully won't be too long.

Quick update, car was quite clean, especially since they had very limited staff. Only a few very minor issues, two main ones I noticed being rear driver side door slight misalignment, and what looked like a water stain to the side of bench seat ( up against the door).
Unable to do anything at the moment for obvious reasons and have to email any issues through.
Charge was at 97%, ideal as a long return journey ahead. Excellent and pleasant service at Leeds.

Edit: forgot to say, Jesus it's quick!

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel
After querying the original "Yes" or "No" message, spoke to Tesla both yesterday and today in my case. Told to reply "No" which I did so around 10.00am today. 30 minutes later got a call from Tesla saying car delivery will be rescheduled in due course (I was originally due to collect on Friday 27/03/2020). It will not be reallocated to anyone else as its my car and its nothing more than the current situation that they can't get it to me and I can't collect from them. In one of the conversations the Tesla employee indicated persons replying "Yes" with tenuous justifications for their car being essential are naughty rascals.

I spoke to Tesla about an hour ago to confirm that I was on the 'list' for a delivery after the collection was 'locked down' (pun fully intended). He said if my car was essential ( as in without the use of another car) and I was a key worker, then I would be prioritised. I explained that whilst I am formally categorised as a key worker, I do have the use of my car as I have yet to sell it and I'd prefer that Doctors and Nurses get theirs first.

The guy I spoke to, Jack, said that it was good of me to say that as I'd quite rightly guessed that by admitting that, it's likely to put me further down the queue for delivery of my car. He did say that some people have been a bit more aggressive/tedious.

same call here, car in Southampton and no transporters working.
Spoke with existing lease company and extended my current one on a day by day basis so i still have wheels.
Not bothered now but it would be nice if they all sang from the same hymn sheet as when i spoke with them earlier they admitted car was in Southampton but said there were a few issues, not that they weren't working at all.
she did say that the car wouldnt be cancelled and they would get it to me asap once the lockdown has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.