Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, looks great - loads of non-Tesla’s in the Leeds car park, never seen it that quiet.

I don't know whether they're staff cars, or whether other folk have done what I did in driving their car to the Tesla place, then leaving the car there until they're able to call back for it.

It was a weird experience, handover-I was barely in there 5 minutes before the keycards were in hand and the guy was saying "enjoy your car"!

When I was at Bristol on Thursday there were probably twenty to thirty cars and maybe more, mostly Model 3s but a selection of the others, sitting in the car park. All apparently matched to customers, just waiting for eventual collection/delivery.

That's the only downside thus far to my collection, the car has been sitting outside for a couple of months with no protection. So a few bird poo blemishes where it's been sitting on the car for a while no doubt before getting washed off just before Thursday. I will be getting it detailed and ceramic coated so will be sorted then. But something to be aware of for anyone collecting a car that's been sitting for a while.

Otherwise, touch wood, all seems good.
I thought your photos looked like The Mall in Bristol. For some reason I assumed they’d be doing handovers from the Service Center on Lysander Road.

Did you get a Type-2 charge cable with the car?

How did the zero touch handover work?

Regards bird poo, quite possible it would’ve got it from the trip over from the States. Mine was delivered direct from Southampton (was supposed to collect from Bristol too) and had bird poo residue.

I thought your photos looked like The Mall in Bristol. For some reason I assumed they’d be doing handovers from the Service Center on Lysander Road.

Did you get a Type-2 charge cable with the car?

How did the zero touch handover work?

Regards bird poo, quite possible it would’ve got it from the trip over from the States. Mine was delivered direct from Southampton (was supposed to collect from Bristol too) and had bird poo residue.

The sales office is in The Mall and that’s where they appear from when you let them know you’ve arrived.

Car was plugged into charger and handover was just a case of completing electronically what needed to be completed and getting the keycards handed over from the inside of plastic container. So in theory for at least some length of time untouched by anyone until oneself. Interior had been wiped down with a disinfectant after last person other than me had been in it.

There was a canvas bag in the boot with two cables in it, a long one and a very short one. I think the Type-2 is the long one? The short one an adapter?

The handover administration part could have been done in five minutes, but it was a lovely afternoon so had a suitably socially distanced chat with Chris and his French colleague for a bit and then gave the car a leisurely look over before departing. Can’t really fault the service from Chris and the folk at Bristol throughout.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
The Type-2 charger cable looks like this:

58BFE323-8C3F-444B-B40C-9CA58FF59B25.jpeg

It will either be blue like the above, or grey. It would have a Type-2 plug on both ends.

What you’ve described sounds like the UMC charger, which plugs into a 3-pin socket.

Reason I was curious is that my car was delivered (by Bristol) without a Type-2 cable “due to a European shortage” and I’ve been waiting nearly 2 months with no promise of it. If I had a job that required me to drive into work, like I was doing pre-lockdown, I’d be seriously inconvenienced by now.

View attachment 542279

It will either be blue like the above, or grey. It would have a Type-2 plug on both ends.

What you’ve described sounds like the UMC charger, which plugs into a 3-pin socket.

Reason I was curious is that my car was delivered (by Bristol) without a Type-2 cable “due to a European shortage” and I’ve been waiting nearly 2 months with no promise of it. If I had a job that required me to drive into work, like I was doing pre-lockdown, I’d be seriously inconvenienced by now.

Cheers, I will pop out to the garage at some point during the day and check, then report back!

View attachment 542279

Attached is what was in the bag. The small lead plugs into the grey Tesla box to create I think the UMC 3-pin socket charger? So it would appear I’m also missing the Type-2?

5B6E338C-BBC9-4115-B06F-E16BCF9EC4C5.jpeg

Spoke to Tesla (Bristol) just now, initially there was a suggestion that the car "might not come with a Type-2 cable anymore", but when I pointed out that the website still says "Standard with delivery: YES" the guy said he would get back to me. A few minutes later he called back and said they were going to send one out.

From what I was told they don't have the blue ones anymore, only the grey - which is shorter (4m I think?). Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

To be honest I get the impression that if you don't chase this you might not get one proactively, though it might depend on how you got your car. My car was delivered to me straight from Southampton docks by a random recovery company (who was brilliant - covered transport, and the bloke couldn't have been any more careful with it), I was originally supposed to collect it from Bristol. The problem in my case is that apparently Tesla have been recording the VINs of cars that have been supplied without cables, with a view to sending them on later, but in my case I was worried since the delivery guy knew nothing about Teslas, what they should be supplied with, etc and only took some photos.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Masklin
So, after an almost 8 week delay I finally took delivery of my M3P. Handover itself was very smooth and I had plenty of time to check the car over, which is just as well as I spotted 6 or 7 small paint defects (A stone chip, several edges where paint had been rubbed off, a white spot under the lacquer on one of the doors) and a large panel gap. Showed most of them to the the helpful delivery guy and was told to take photographs and submit them so that they can be repaired once body shop opens up in a few weeks. Need to draft the email and will send it off tomorrow, bit of a pain as I’d booked it in for ceramic coating next week, which will now have to wait.

Mine came with both charging cables.

Attachments

• BFED6E7F-C880-490B-B6DB-0D70D05A362A.jpeg
    BFED6E7F-C880-490B-B6DB-0D70D05A362A.jpeg
    589.4 KB · Views: 42
Spoke to Tesla (Bristol) just now, initially there was a suggestion that the car "might not come with a Type-2 cable anymore", but when I pointed out that the website still says "Standard with delivery: YES" the guy said he would get back to me. A few minutes later he called back and said they were going to send one out.

From what I was told they don't have the blue ones anymore, only the grey - which is shorter (4m I think?). Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

To be honest I get the impression that if you don't chase this you might not get one proactively, though it might depend on how you got your car. My car was delivered to me straight from Southampton docks by a random recovery company (who was brilliant - covered transport, and the bloke couldn't have been any more careful with it), I was originally supposed to collect it from Bristol. The problem in my case is that apparently Tesla have been recording the VINs of cars that have been supplied without cables, with a view to sending them on later, but in my case I was worried since the delivery guy knew nothing about Teslas, what they should be supplied with, etc and only took some photos.

I emailed Chris at Bristol yesterday morning, and a grey Type-2 has just been delivered to me this morning!

Reactions: Durzel and Cyclone1
I emailed Chris at Bristol yesterday morning, and a grey Type-2 has just been delivered to me this morning!
Was that via TNT? Did you get an email saying it was being delivered or did it just turn up? I haven't heard anything since I spoke to them yesterday, wasn't sure if I should be expecting something (besides the cable).

What email did you use to speak to Bristol? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.