Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else order a model 3 without test driving one? Picking mine up a week on Friday and just realised I never test drove one lol
I fall into this category as well. Didn't plan to buy one, it was more impulsive as I decided on selling mine during lockdown. I picked 'Tessie' up on the 1st Sept and I kid you not, I have been smiling every time I drive it.

I cant wait to pick mine up (not named her yet!) the performance was just fantastic but range was more important than the extra power (at the time)

I fall into this category as well. Didn't plan to buy one, it was more impulsive as I decided on selling mine during lockdown. I picked 'Tessie' up on the 1st Sept and I kid you not, I have been smiling every time I drive it.

I cant wait to pick mine up (not named her yet!) the performance was just fantastic but range was more important than the extra power (at the time)
Funnily I actually ordered a sr+ and added all the bells and whistles, until an inventory one came about without the FSD and it got me thinking. I didn't need FSD as most of the features weren't available in the UK, and AP does pretty much most of it. I couldn't justify the price tag for summoning (which IMO is only going to be used as a gimmick) this meant the LR was now in my price range, and I am so glad I did. I now have longer range, premium interior, and the option to buy both the boost and FSD. Not forgetting the car is already rapid, which is actually frightening as I have a medical condition and my right foot is heavy. I dare think about what the performance would be like.

You will love it :)

I hope so! I am coming from an Audi S4

Funnily I actually ordered a sr+ and added all the bells and whistles, until an inventory one came about without the FSD and it got me thinking. I didn't need FSD as most of the features weren't available in the UK, and AP does pretty much most of it. I couldn't justify the price tag for summoning (which IMO is only going to be used as a gimmick) this meant the LR was now in my price range, and I am so glad I did. I now have longer range, premium interior, and the option to buy both the boost and FSD. Not forgetting the car is already rapid, which is actually frightening as I have a medical condition and my right foot is heavy. I dare think about what the performance would be like.

You will love it :)

I stand by my comment. You will love it :) I had fun beating my mates R8 and another with his S5 not forgetting my mates 370 on the day of collection. We still to this day can't fathom how the car could be so quick

It’s also great fun comparing the cost of fuel with them :). One of the reasons I didn’t get an S5 was the frustration of knowing how much it was costing in fuel compared to the opportunities to use the power. With the Tesla there’s no frustration at all, it’s just sublime motoring.

It’s also great fun comparing the cost of fuel with them :). One of the reasons I didn’t get an S5 was the frustration of knowing how much it was costing in fuel compared to the opportunities to use the power. With the Tesla there’s no frustration at all, it’s just sublime motoring.
Yeah you are so right, this is also a fun topic; I have teslamate running which shows how much I've "spent" charging and I love seeing the jaws drop when we compare 'full tanks'.

I haven't taken it on a road trip yet, I wonder what sort of impact it would have on my range.

Status
Not open for further replies.