Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone picked up from Dartford ? If so, is the hand over conducted inside or out ?

I was due to pick up this Friday from Chelmsford at 10am, but have just received a text rescheduling due to a “vessel delay” , so now it’s Saturday at Dartford 4pm.

I’m apprehensive about picking up in the dark in case I miss something on the car .

Anyone else due to pick up from Chelmsford this Friday been rescheduled?

Seems like Tesla book out large car parks for collection. I’m collecting mine from the Thorpe Park car park which is the other end of London from me instead of the service centre that is less that a few miles away!

Must be cheaper this way instead of having to ship vehicles to individual service centres.

Yeah, I guessed as much.

I do hope they send more information on the collection address, though. The one they've given isnt exactly clear.

M3 LR + Sports Wheels
Ordered 11th November
Spurious 'schedule your delivery' e-mail 28th November
Official schedule your delivery email today, with date set for 19th Dec.

Strangely collection point is Manchester Airport, not the local Tesla Centre

I'm collecting from Stockport on the 18th and haven't been advised of any change to collection location, actually collection from the airport would be more convenient for me but never mind. It doesn't surprise me that they would use the airport for collection (the car parks are empty), the Stockport SC is right on the A6 so unloading the vehicles from the transporters must be a bit of a nightmare and whilst there is there is some storage area at the back its not the best laid out site for access.

Yeah, how annoying. I got a phone call this morning from them confirming my pickup for the 4th and then a text delaying mine to the 9th. I am sure everyone has there individual challenges with this delay. In my case I will not have a car to get the boys to school. A bit more warning would have been nice and i could have found a work around. I guess I am hiring a car then. I was hoping to avoid that but hopefully the hire companies have good cleanliness regimes.

I'm collecting from Stockport on the 18th and haven't been advised of any change to collection location, actually collection from the airport would be more convenient for me but never mind. It doesn't surprise me that they would use the airport for collection (the car parks are empty), the Stockport SC is right on the A6 so unloading the vehicles from the transporters must be a bit of a nightmare and whilst there is there is some storage area at the back its not the best laid out site for access.
I'm collecting from the SC on the 16th. Hope they don't move it to an Airport Car park. Having sold my previous car, it's far easier to get to the SC than some Airport car park that's not accessible by public transport.

Yeah, how annoying. I got a phone call this morning from them confirming my pickup for the 4th and then a text delaying mine to the 9th. I am sure everyone has there individual challenges with this delay. In my case I will not have a car to get the boys to school. A bit more warning would have been nice and i could have found a work around. I guess I am hiring a car then. I was hoping to avoid that but hopefully the hire companies have good cleanliness regimes.

I’m in the same boat (and on the same boat) it seems. Was collecting at 1400 on Friday 4 December from Thorpe park and now 1400 on 9 December. Gutted as we just handed our lease back and have taken this Friday off. My wife’s in teaching and it worked out well with class schedules. Now all needs to be re-planned for next Wednesday. We’re hiring a car too. Guess it’s a boost to the car hire sector! Surprised that Tesla have such tight tolerance on deliveries. Seems they rely on the cost arriving, stock coming up and straight to handover to customer. Probably no significant checks and so we will have to scrutinise the cars carefully.

if anyone has done a pick up at Thorpe park would be great know how it worked. Ie I’m assuming the cars are in well lit tents and not just in the car park and reliant on daylight and weather for handover checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.