Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice deflection and irrelevant posts to bury the fact that Elon and Tesla Inc.are lying to us, intentionally or worse unintentionally. Buying FSD won't give you early access to anything, won't get you new hardware, won't get you anything other than giving a free $3000 loan to Tesla. Besides, this thread is obsolete, there are newer updates that other people are getting.

And if you didn't know that going in you get a coal star.

• Funny
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
If it’s like every other gas car I’ve ever poked into, it’s very likely that there are region and model year-specific roms (or firmware of some sort). Beyond that, there are at least two completely different hardware configurations (2 and 3 both in the wild), so they probably have something like a dozen or more different sets of tests to run and deployments to manage.

I’m sure there is good reason. Just asserting that there isn’t is naive.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcG
Not too many people get injured by a Microsoft update that goes awry.

Maybe there is a waiver of injury that will give you the latest software update, whether your car is designated for that particular update or not.

Or maybe it's prudent to make sure an update doesn't wrongly affect an operation of the car before releasing to the masses.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Can you elaborate please? I might be alone here, but I have no idea why this is.

Software is subject to Bugs. Since it isn’t practical to test how software will react to all the variables associated with real world conditions the best bet is to roll updates out slowly in order to limit a potential bugs impact on the fleet.

What s/he said. If Tesla owned a massive fleet with which a large QA team could test every software release throughly, they could potentially do updates à la Microsoft.
Since they have neither, they roll out updates incrementally. Owners of Tesla vehicles just have to accept that fact and be patient, if anything for their own safety.

Do you have your software update preference set to Advanced?
Yes I do. According to my stats app, 40% have this version, so I don’t think I am getting anything special.
About 30% have various versions of 28, so I would consider that the advanced group. I also have FSD, which is also supposed to help.

Question is, what is going on with the remaking 30%, no Wi-Fi?

Last edited:
Yes I do. According to my stats app, 40% have this version, so I don’t think I am getting anything special.
About 30% have various versions of 28, so I would consider that the advanced group. I also have FSD, which is also supposed to help.

Question is, what is going on with the remaking 30%, no Wi-Fi?

I am still on 24.4 and i am on wifi hw3 fsd eap.... My car is connected to wifi 22 hours a day....

If it’s like every other gas car I’ve ever poked into, it’s very likely that there are region and model year-specific roms (or firmware of some sort). Beyond that, there are at least two completely different hardware configurations (2 and 3 both in the wild), so they probably have something like a dozen or more different sets of tests to run and deployments to manage.

I’m sure there is good reason. Just asserting that there isn’t is naive.
There are WAY more PC configurations than Tesla Model 3s. The issue is that it’s released to public users at a very slow pace. Yes, they may have alpha and beta testers that get the updates first in order to bug hunt, but once it’s deemed fit for *public* release it should be available ON DEMAND for every model that it’s released for.

If it can be released into the wild for a particular model then there shouldn’t be anything preventing any public user from downloading it. I worked in the software development industry. I know how this works. And Elon promised on demand updates. Whatever their excuse, they’re not employing an industry best practice. Period.

Yes, he did. But didn't specify who would be first.

I recommend going back to the early 2013-2016 msg's - no doubt you will find your msg - probably verbatim - posted by another relatively new to the Tesla.

Basically, there were two camps
1. I want it now, now I say !!!
2. I want it tested and done right !!!

There are WAY more PC configurations than Tesla Model 3s.

No. The OS has complete control over why kinds of system it will run on. The OS has complete control over its environment. Any hardware that runs on the OS requires a driver that meets the the OS specifications. There are magnitude fewer degrees of freedom in an OS system than a moving vehicles which runs multiple computers, an operating system, ect. I’m honestly surprised you are incapable of understanding the difference.

• Love
Reactions: jgmartin
Nice deflection and irrelevant posts to bury the fact that Elon and Tesla Inc.are lying to us, intentionally or worse unintentionally. Buying FSD won't give you early access to anything, won't get you new hardware, won't get you anything other than giving a free $3000 loan to Tesla. Besides, this thread is obsolete, there are newer updates that other people are getting.

But the paranoid thoughts just keep on coming.

Yes, he did. But didn't specify who would be first.

I recommend going back to the early 2013-2016 msg's - no doubt you will find your msg - probably verbatim - posted by another relatively new to the Tesla.

Basically, there were two camps
1. I want it now, now I say !!!
2. I want it tested and done right !!!
Ok, let’s get something straight; nobody in their right mind is advocating for releasing UNTESTED software updates to a car. If you are, please stay off this thread because your opinion is not valid.

The issue is that Tesla is trickling out TESTED software updates to end users at a pace they determine, something no major software development company does.

The moment an update has been *tested and verified* for a M3 RWD LR on 2.5 hardware, then it should be available for ALL public users with that config. This is not the case and there really isn’t a good reason why.