Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, let’s get something straight; nobody in their right mind is advocating for releasing UNTESTED software updates to a car. If you are, please stay off this thread because your opinion is not valid.

The issue is that Tesla is trickling out TESTED software updates to end users at a pace they determine, something no major software development company does.

The moment an update has been *tested and verified* for a M3 RWD LR on 2.5 hardware, then it should be available for ALL public users with that config. This is not the case and there really isn’t a good reason why.

Do you really think Tesla in their current capacity can conceivably test every possible driving scenario before releasing an update?

No just reality

Well, that's THE issue nowadays, isn't it? Reality seems to
be changing under our feet. But it helps not to present one's
anxious suppositions, like "won't get you new hardware", as
fact.

The next iterations of AP, Tesla said, rely on the faster 3.x
CPUs. What makes you deny that this 3.x hardware will be
provided as part of EAP->FSD upgrades? why do that?

Sorry that you have had to get some warranty service, and
that it's a nuisance. The reason not everyone shares your
apocalyptic vision is not because most of us are blind. Most
of us have had good Tesla experience way more than bad.
We simply have not been living in your reality. I hope your
experience improves so you're feeling less abused.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
We simply have not been living in your reality. I hope your
experience improves so you're feeling less abused.

Haha. This forum is a bountiful resource for the weirdest opinions. Has it ever occurred to you that you are the one living in the upside-down? Where taking real money without delivering the goods and LTA instead of ETA is perfectly ok?

You do understand that shysters like Elon are one reason why we have a legal system.

You used to buying bridges and oceanfront property in Nebraska or what?!?

Seems to be primarily from 28.2 to 28.3.1.

Sitting here with 24.4 still and no update.
I've seen a few 24.4 vehicles updated to the new version as I refresh. When mass roll-outs happen they seem to include the latest mass release in the bunch of vehicles being updated including the "test" releases. It looks like they had a major issue over the weekend, and figured the 28.3.1 release seemed to be good so they are releasing to the entire fleet. It may stop if they find a problem again. However, still 24.4 here, waiting.

Last edited:
The issue is that Tesla is trickling out TESTED software updates to end users at a pace they determine, something no major software development company does.

I have no idea what your actual software development experience is, or how current it is, so I won't assume. But you are saying things that belie your experience, as another poster has pointed out with your original argument on PC configurations.

Why are you even comparing the software deployment process to the size of the company?

Every Change is a Feature. Every Feature is an Experiment. - Rollout Blog

Last edited:
You do understand that shysters like Elon are one reason why we have a legal system.
I don’t understand why people need to use the legal system for their own ignorance. When I purchased FSD I knew exactly what I was buying - an investment into the future of self driving with features trickling along the way. I know it may never come but I am willing to put my money into the hands of someone who has the best chance to get it done.
Some cal Elon a shyster, some call him a god, some call him an egotistical douchebag, but I call him a determined person that cares about the future of humanity. He isn’t in this to make a bunch of money for himself, he needs to make a bunch of money to fund the future. Yes, he sucks as a CEO and needs someone to run the day-to-day but there isn’t anyone that can sacrifice what needs to be done to get things done.
In the end caveat emptor. If you’re paying $5K for a feature then you should do your research about it. If you think it will never happen then don’t pay for it and enjoy the best EV out there.

Reactions: jamnmon66 and Wyman
I don’t understand why people need to use the legal system for their own ignorance. When I purchased FSD I knew exactly what I was buying - an investment into the future of self driving with features trickling along the way. I know it may never come but I am willing to put my money into the hands of someone who has the best chance to get it done.
Some cal Elon a shyster, some call him a god, some call him an egotistical douchebag, but I call him a determined person that cares about the future of humanity. He isn’t in this to make a bunch of money for himself, he needs to make a bunch of money to fund the future. Yes, he sucks as a CEO and needs someone to run the day-to-day but there isn’t anyone that can sacrifice what needs to be done to get things done.
In the end caveat emptor. If you’re paying $5K for a feature then you should do your research about it. If you think it will never happen then don’t pay for it and enjoy the best EV out there.
Well true, when I bought "all into" Tesla and bought Enhanced Autopilot and paid for Full Sell Driving back in October 2018, I saw it as an investment. Then the CEO of Elon tweeted we'd get early access to software. Then nothing happened. Then someone on Twitter asked why people who bought FSD weren't getting software access early as promised. He said he'd fix the situation. Still nothing happened. Not that I'd sue Tesla over it. But Elon doesn't exactly lie, he just doesn't follow-through.

When I ordered my car last year, had this text exchange with a friend of mine. Still feel the same way today.

A0DE99EE-F647-4927-8DE3-D601CBD57BF1.jpeg

Last edited:

Enhanced Summon. REALLY.