Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2019.28.2 yesterday. Beach Buggy Racing doesn't appear to work with my knock-off xbox controller. (That controller does work with Atari games.)

The new chess game is fun to have.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Am I the only one who has not yet ANY updates after purchase? Picked up on 6/8/19. Still on original build 16.3.2 . My dog is getting worried!

Might be worth reaching out to Tesla. I haven't read about folks stuck on that version like with the 15.10x string - and those folks are getting 28.2. 42 out of ~6900 cars on TeslaFI with your version today. Is the car hooked to Wi-Fi? Is the software set to Advanced?

No, it really is a bug. It also ducks the volume when you get in the car, and automatically starts playback on your phone the very instant that it successfully connects to it by Bluetooth. Half the time, by the time I actually get into the car, whatever Netflix show I most recently watching before getting into the car has started playing in near silence, and I've completely missed a minute or more of it, and have to back it up.

And often, the audio doesn't come back up at all afterwards, and I have to manually increase it.

And the ducking also happens for phone calls, independent of the audio playback, which often results in me taking a phone call, and not being able to hear it until I crank it back up from 3 or whatever.

No, this feature is one of those "sounded like a good idea at the time" features. In reality, I'd pay Tesla $100 tomorrow if they would give me a way to permanently turn that misfeature off.
I’ve never experienced what you describe.o_O

Bluetooth connected. Advance option selected. Will a hard reboot do any good?
There's nothing you can do to force and update until and unless your car's VIN has been flagged to get the download. Nothing. Once your car has been flagged, then joining wifi, rebooting, etc. *may* cause it to phone home and check. But in general it checks in periodically throughout the day. So until it checks in (which sometimes you can make happen) *AND* tesla servers have your VIN flagged for download, you just have to wait it out.

80% of my update notices were received within 15-20 min of me getting home from work (presumably because my car joined wifi and checked in with the server).

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
It was after about 4 hours, happened twice today.

Are you using "Climate Keeper" (tapping fan icon after going to park and hitting 'on' next to "Keep Climate On" ), or are you using "Cabin Overheat Protection", and is it set to "No A/C" or "On" ? Just double-checking.

I've noticed a timeout on Climate Keeper, I can't remember if it was 4 hours or not. C.O.P. is reportedly 12 hours but I haven't tested it.

There's nothing you can do to force and update until and unless your car's VIN has been flagged to get the download. Nothing. Once your car has been flagged, then joining wifi, rebooting, etc. *may* cause it to phone home and check. But in general it checks in periodically throughout the day. So until it checks in (which sometimes you can make happen) *AND* tesla servers have your VIN flagged for download, you just have to wait it out.

80% of my update notices were received within 15-20 min of me getting home from work (presumably because my car joined wifi and checked in with the server).
As has been stated earlier in this thread and others, probably best to do downloading at your residence. One time since my December 2018 delivery, I had a notification at work. I chose to update and when finished, and I went to go home ~5 hrs later, the UI was pixelated. Got home, rebooted and all was well, again. Just my experience from the 5-6 downloads since December.

Are you using "Climate Keeper" (tapping fan icon after going to park and hitting 'on' next to "Keep Climate On" ), or are you using "Cabin Overheat Protection", and is it set to "No A/C" or "On" ? Just double-checking.

I've noticed a timeout on Climate Keeper, I can't remember if it was 4 hours or not. C.O.P. is reportedly 12 hours but I haven't tested it.
I'm just setting the overheat protection on. I went to my car for lunch, was hot. I went to my car after work, also hot. Before this new patch, my overheat protection always kept my car under 105F.