Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7C4807B6-0601-4ECD-B0D6-1F66AE3BF539.png For everyone who keeps saying enhanced summon was not seen in the notes it’s there. People just like to run with the first thing they see. Lol

View attachment 456241 For everyone who keeps saying enhanced summon was not seen in the notes it’s there. People just like to run with the first thing they see. Lol

While it is nice to see it in the notes, EAP has had enhanced summon for a while. Having it on the EAP version doesn't guarantee it will be included with the initial V10 general release. I remember the auto-lane change NOA was on the V9 EAP but didn't make it to general release for a while afterwards.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: JES2 and jebinc
While it is nice to see it in the notes, EAP has had enhanced summon for a while. Having it on the EAP version doesn't guarantee it will be included with the initial V10 general release. I remember the auto-lane change NOA was on the V9 EAP but didn't make it to general release for a while afterwards.
Totally agree with you, and my post isn’t stating it will or it wont, my thing was, SOOOO many people have been complaining how all the updates have been nothing worth having, enhanced summon has been around in the testing for a while now but so far with 32.2.11 it’s there and working. Again doesn’t mean it will make the cut, and people shouldn’t want it if it’s not ready. I mean that’s kinda a big deal if something happens and no driver is in the car. Unlikely to happen but a possibility. The thing is some people don’t understand that create code and algorithms for everything humanly possible is hard work. Extremely tough. When we learn to drive we use a lot of “ inferred data” that we have learn for 15-18 years for most. Where this cars computer doesn’t know anything unless you teach it for the MOST part. So I think Tesla has come a long way and some forget that.. specially newer owners. But they still are far from perfect. And have a lot of fixing to do with other things within the entire company.

Reactions: TT97
My local movie theater makes the most unbelievable popcorn. Going to load the wife into the car and go get two big buckets, so we have them ready for "car movie night!" Planning on taking her up on a local red rock plateau that overlooks the beautiful desert to watch a movie tonight in the car. I'll setup my phone to be a hotspot if I can't stream over LTE. Might not happen tonight, but it will happen as soon as we get v10.

So while this hasn't happened yet, it will be my first v10 experience. Parking in the car with the wife and watching a movie... Like going to a drive-in theater in the '80's. Who says you can never be young again?

Do eeeet. Do eeeet nooow. :)

You're one of those very knowledgeable guys that we *need* to have use advanced updates and be part of the EAP. And even better, supply feedback to Tesla.

Heh, first- thanks for the kind words....second- that's why I do NOT have it turned on.

Seen too many examples where a first public release breaks/regresses functionality and it's not till the next point release (sometimes days, sometimes weeks) later they fix it so it's not worse than what came before.

For me the Tesla is a (near) daily driver, so I'd rather get cool new stuff a few days or weeks later than broken/regressed function ever.

(Same reason I don't, barring major 0-day security patches, install updates immediately when they come out for my phone or computers either)

Reactions: Phlier