Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May 2018 100D

Got the update last night. Lane change feels much more confident but there were still times of hesitation.

Attachments

• BB8E5547-2396-40E1-B199-B44843E8E9D0.jpeg
    BB8E5547-2396-40E1-B199-B44843E8E9D0.jpeg
    536.6 KB · Views: 87
Interesting that the stopping behavior with hold mode and autopilot is different. Coming to a stop in traffic with AP is now noticeably more jerky, unchanged from before. I would imagine AP will use the similar combination of brakes and regen at some point.

Got 2019.36.2.1 a couple days ago. The power boost is great. I am loving the one pedal driving but still have to get used to it. Automatic navigation is a pretty cool convenience feature. I can see this feature being even more useful when FSD becomes real and you can just get in the car and have it know where to take you and take you there. I took a 600+ miles trip this week. NOA was great. There were a few areas like construction zones where I had to disengage and there was one exit that it handled but not perfectly. But overall, NOA was great. I did a lot of auto lane changes with no confirmation and they all worked very smoothly with no issues at all. I especially noticed that NOA does a great job of handling busy traffic, checking the blind spots, and waiting for a spot to clear before making a lane change.

Got 2019.36.2.1 a couple days ago. The power boost is great. I am loving the one pedal driving but still have to get used to it. Automatic navigation is a pretty cool convenience feature. I can see this feature being even more useful when FSD becomes real and you can just get in the car and have it know where to take you and take you there. I took a 600+ miles trip this week. NOA was great. There were a few areas like construction zones where I had to disengage and there was one exit that it handled but not perfectly. But overall, NOA was great. I did a lot of auto lane changes with no confirmation and they all worked very smoothly with no issues at all. I especially noticed that NOA does a great job of handling busy traffic, checking the blind spots, and waiting for a spot to clear before making a lane change.

Also loving the OnePedal driving....A LOT.....Haven't had an opportunity to check out the added 50HP that was in the update...LOL.....I am not certain how the AutomaticNavigation will work out for us tho. My wife and I add things on a shared calendar and it shows up on both of our cars. Hopefully they'll allow you to just tap the calendar event you want to navigate to or we won't be able to use that particular feature. Not a huge deal but one of those unintended nuances for us anyway.

Reactions: diplomat33
Interesting. And you do not have Ludicrous mode? I guess that's when the Performance versions did not come with Ludicrous included? Seems odd to only increase performance on Long Range and Ludicrous variants but not standard Performance - I would guess it's a release note glitch.
Yea. I missed the included ludicrous in the performance models by two weeks. I assumed I would get a 3% bump of what I had like the long range versions. My account page now says ludicrous next to the FSD that I purchase so idk what’s going on. Maybe I’ll get lucky and get ludicrous someday lol.

I posted this in a different thread in the Model 3 forum, but perhaps it is better placed here:

My car received 36.2.1 a few nights ago. Of course I immediately tried out the one-pedal driving mode. Other than an annoying little click behind the dash when the brakes get set to 'hold' it seems to work pretty well. (Of course the sound system usually drowns out the clicking noise.) Backing up is a little non-intuitive at first though.

A question for those who have experienced true one-pedal driving in other EVs - e.g., Leaf e-Pedal, Bolt EV "L" mode, etc. How does the Tesla implementation compare?

The new departure time charging is a step in the right direction. But still pales compared to the extensive facility that GMs Volt and Bolt EV have. At a minimum, Tesla should allow different start times for weekday vs weekend. On the Volt, I can enter the entire PG&E rate schedule into the car - peak/part-peak/off-peak time periods for weekdays vs weekends and summer vs winter. Then one can choose to have the car optimize the charging based on cost, time of departure, etc.

Power, performance, and range updates are always appreciated. :)

Reactions: Eagledon