Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.4.2 Spotify issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ramonneke

Apr 26, 2018
Rotterdam
After updating to 2019.4.2 I have Spotify issues. I cannot seem to play a song more than once.

Selecting any never played before title will work, but only once.

Here is a demo showing the issue:

I tried resetting and switching language but that doesn't help. Already reported is at my SeC but man how come these regressions keep happening.

Something similar happened to me yesterday after updating to 2019.4.2, but I actually didn't catch the fact that already-played-songs would not play again. I just was able to play something and then, everything else just stayed spinning without success. I rebooted and it didn't help, so I just gave up and changed source.

This morning, everything started working again... go figure.

Already reported is at my SeC but man how come these regressions keep happening.
Well at least you can log in and partially use it. o_O
Spotify became totally unusable in 2018.48.12.1 for majority of people (this is about Oct / Nov last year from memory), the Service Centres all said yes we know it's an issue, Tesla are working on fixing it for the next update.
Following along with other peoples feedback the 2018.50.6 update didn't fix Spotify (this is the one that everyone was waiting for as the cure), people still cannot log in or if they can via multiple resets it only lasts a day or so then they are back to where they started.
And now the newest update (2019.4.2) to the last update (2018.50.6) that supposedly fixed it still hasn't been fixed 100%.
I am in disbelief that a company who touts to be on the leading edge of technology can't get a media player to work right after so many years, it's embarrassing for them.

Last edited:
After updating to 2019.4.2 I have Spotify issues. I cannot seem to play a song more than once.

Selecting any never played before title will work, but only once.

Here is a demo showing the issue:

I tried resetting and switching language but that doesn't help. Already reported is at my SeC but man how come these regressions keep happening.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a Tesla problem. I had this once to on a 2018.x.x version. Sadly I can't remember how I fixed it. Things I normally would do is log out and back in again in Spotify in the car. Or fumble around in the settings of Spotify in the car or on the computer @ home. The apps are linked so a setting in the Spotify app can in theory influence the behaviour of the car app. If not and more people suffer from it than it is clearly a new bug...

I have a premium Spotify account, I have assigned the car its own account using that (we get 5 users on premium).
There is a variety of devices using that account from Windows PC's to iPhones and Android, but only the Tesla has issues, I think it's them.

Okay, I'm still on 2018.50.x since yesterday . This one resolved my Spotify problems (reboots, hangs MCU) of 2018.42.1.
I am also running 2018.50.x, it was a short lived win. This morning Spotify would not play anything (just the spinning circle), then the wheels really started to fall off. After deciding that Spotify was back to its usual non working state I went to USB, it was then that it even started to play up saying "Loading Error" on many songs, songs that had previously been working fine. To finally not even reading the USB stick. To top it off, Tune-In radio kept buffering so I gave up on that too. Still if there is one positive at least Spotify did not lock up the MCU like the previous version.
The last time I only had the choice of FM or AM in a car I owned was about 1990 in a car that cost me $500, top work Tesla!!

Also try http://teslamcu.xyz to find out from your Tesla browser.
The browser is not available for all cars, I know ours here in Australia don't have it.

Well the MCU always feels like it is struggling for CPU power in normal operation so I can't imagine browsing would be a pleasant experience?
I have no idea if that is a local based restriction by some law on the browser or if it was a USA only option to begin with, much like everyone else gets Spotify but the USA does not. I don't think I'd ever use it, what do you actually use it for that isn't quicker to do on your phone with an assistant (Google or Siri)?

Oh, I'm sorry. It shows up as parrot. So it is no. 1.

I own a s75: oktober 2017.

Right, I just suspect most of the spotify issues come from MCU1 for some reason. Maybe the implementation there is buggy? I rarely have issues with my spotify and I have MCU2. A friend of mine has MCU1 and has lots of issues with Spotify.

if MCU1 is laggy on maps, it gets yellowing around the screen, and software is more buggy / worse on it, I would soon start demanding a MCU2 retrofit.

Reactions: P100D_Me