Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2.3 for AP1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't dare to install it on my 2013 s 60..
What will they brake this time?
First no tpms reset anymore, so in effect I don't have tpms now anymore.
Then a loss of range, then terribly slow supercharging. Buttons on my Energyscreen are not visible anymore.
Since last week almost no Regen anymore on my short commute trips.

A year ago it was a really nice car and by now I'm terribly disappointed, still nothing wrong with the car, but Tesla breaks it Everytime a little more with every up(down)grade..

Please give me back software V8

Then a loss of range, then terribly slow supercharging. Buttons on my Energyscreen are not visible anymore.

A year ago it was a really nice car and by now I'm terribly disappointed, still nothing wrong with the car, but Tesla breaks it Everytime a little more with every up(down)grade..

I have a 2013 85kwh...I installed it.. seems fine

Attachments

• 20191219_002202.jpg
    20191219_002202.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 242

I actually gained 6 miles!

it's downloading right now, but I'm reluctant to install it, isn't the one right before (40.2.2) the one that breaks autopilot? (in Europe)
I'm on 40.2.1 ATM and have a long trip coming up tomorrow. (already scared of what I'll see at the first supercharger stop)
edit: 2015 p85d here

• Love
Reactions: Familyfirstj
How did you get 6 miles back? Does car immediately show more range after the update, increase range after charging, or after charging several times, etc. Can you elaborate?

I did the update last night then charged my car (which consistently has the same amount of range every day) but after the update when it charged the number had increased

Reactions: vgrinshpun
it's downloading right now, but I'm reluctant to install it, isn't the one right before (40.2.2) the one that breaks autopilot? (in Europe)
I'm on 40.2.1 ATM and have a long trip coming up tomorrow. (already scared of what I'll see at the first supercharger stop)
edit: 2015 p85d here
i would imagine this has bug fixes as well, only one way to know

I did the update last night then charged my car (which consistently has the same amount of range every day) but after the update when it charged the number had increased

I understand that you may have received additional range back, however I want to caution that I have been tracking my actual mileage (every trip tracked with Waze - which has trip actual distance history) vs the trip details section in the car vs the actual mileage, expected range and percent charge noted after each charge(in binnacle). (I do 10-80% range driving, its an MS 85D, 270 original range, build:12/2015 @60K miles).
Before updates this summer it said 270(if charged to %100) 216 at 80%, after the updates went to 208miles of range at 80%.

AND what I discovered was that even though the range changed negatively slightly in new calculation there is an Additional component that my calculations have not been able to sort out yet:

Even though I drive the car under the rated assumed consumption: .3096m/kWh, see details below, it is more the behavior that I noticed changed since the updates, for example the first few miles get burned off immediately; from SC to my home is 3 miles yet it removes 8 miles by the time I get home, even if I keep in under .245m/kWh.
And during the day, a trip of 102 miles, taking into account other variables such as elevation changes and keeping consumption under the rated amount (which should ultimately be the measuring stick), still the numbers don't add up and it ends up consuming more range.

So although, we can only hope, I would welcome a more accurate status of the battery to make the numbers line up again and have confidence in them. And if we are making wishes here, I would also want a clear status display of what percentages the battery is actually charging to: (is 100% actually 100, or is %100 only actually 95% of potential battery charge) to detect actual degradation not this artificial consequence of Tesla changing the percentages to reduced the potential of overcharging cells and cause issues(China fire) due to age.

I have applied update, I figure in three months or so, I will see if the numbers have a different trend.

AWD 85D: Tesla Model S - Wikipedia
85 kWh[145][157] 2015 Combined MPGe 100; 34 kWh/100 mi 21 kWh/100 km 95; 35 kWh/100 mi 22 kWh/100 km 106; 32 kWh/100 mi
20 kWh/100 km

(The EPA rated the 2017 90D Model S's energy consumption at 3.096 miles per kWh (200.9 watt-hours per kilometer or 32.33 kWh/100 mi or 20.09 kWh/100 km) for a combined fuel economy of 104 miles per gallon gasoline equivalent (2.26 L/100 km or 125 mpg‑imp))

• Helpful
Reactions: Evoforce
I understand that you may have received additional range back, however I want to caution that I have been tracking my actual mileage (every trip tracked with Waze - which has trip actual distance history) vs the trip details section in the car vs the actual mileage, expected range and percent charge noted after each charge(in binnacle). (I do 10-80% range driving, its an MS 85D, 270 original range, build:12/2015 @60K miles).
Before updates this summer it said 270(if charged to %100) 216 at 80%, after the updates went to 208miles of range at 80%.

AND what I discovered was that even though the range changed negatively slightly in new calculation there is an Additional component that my calculations have not been able to sort out yet:

Even though I drive the car under the rated assumed consumption: .3096m/kWh, see details below, it is more the behavior that I noticed changed since the updates, for example the first few miles get burned off immediately; from SC to my home is 3 miles yet it removes 8 miles by the time I get home, even if I keep in under .245m/kWh.
And during the day, a trip of 102 miles, taking into account other variables such as elevation changes and keeping consumption under the rated amount (which should ultimately be the measuring stick), still the numbers don't add up and it ends up consuming more range.

So although, we can only hope, I would welcome a more accurate status of the battery to make the numbers line up again and have confidence in them. And if we are making wishes here, I would also want a clear status display of what percentages the battery is actually charging to: (is 100% actually 100, or is %100 only actually 95% of potential battery charge) to detect actual degradation not this artificial consequence of Tesla changing the percentages to reduced the potential of overcharging cells and cause issues(China fire) due to age.

I have applied update, I figure in three months or so, I will see if the numbers have a different trend.

AWD 85D: Tesla Model S - Wikipedia
85 kWh[145][157] 2015 Combined MPGe 100; 34 kWh/100 mi 21 kWh/100 km 95; 35 kWh/100 mi 22 kWh/100 km 106; 32 kWh/100 mi
20 kWh/100 km

(The EPA rated the 2017 90D Model S's energy consumption at 3.096 miles per kWh (200.9 watt-hours per kilometer or 32.33 kWh/100 mi or 20.09 kWh/100 km) for a combined fuel economy of 104 miles per gallon gasoline equivalent (2.26 L/100 km or 125 mpg‑imp))

HAHAHA....I'm not going to play along just to satisfy your assumptions... please just download the update and conduct your own test as i have done which i assure you( which i don't have to do lol) are just as detail oriented