Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2.3 for AP1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't dare to install it on my 2013 s 60..
What will they brake this time?
First no tpms reset anymore, so in effect I don't have tpms now anymore.
Then a loss of range, then terribly slow supercharging. Buttons on my Energyscreen are not visible anymore.
Since last week almost no Regen anymore on my short commute trips.

A year ago it was a really nice car and by now I'm terribly disappointed, still nothing wrong with the car, but Tesla breaks it Everytime a little more with every up(down)grade..

Please give me back software V8
I agree with you, to cover up the problems with the High Voltage Battery the first generation Tesla drivers are pulled over the table.

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
With all things considered, I was not going to download 40.2.3 due to some complaints. I changed my mind because in the end, I know I will have to install it eventually, so what's the point in waiting. So... I guess we'll see how it turns out. I was was 36.2.7 before and noticed the significant reduction in regen, so Im already kind of used to that. And, im already of victim of chargegate, so there's no surprise there. I lossed 8 miles of range overnight with an upgrade over the summer... no surprise there... what else?

2015 MS 60 here. Will have to verify later tonight, but normally was reporting 176 miles at 90% charge. Will need to look tonight after I plug up to see what it's at.

Installed and at 90% had 175 miles. Had to pick up a family member at the airport, preheated the battery for over an hour but still had limited regen. As some people noted, burned a few miles quickly on the highway, and in 30 miles, used 44 miles of range, but I did sit and wait for ~10 minutes. It was in the mid 20s though, so fairly cold on the battery front. Regen turned to normal while waiting and was closer to actual mile-for-mile usage on the way home.

You guys are making me sad... I thought my recent lack of regen was solely because it was cold... But now that I think of it, regen has definitely been worse since 2019.40.2.1... Just got 2019.40.2.3 today, so far nothing of note different.

Installed right away and used for a couple of days now. It does seem that regen is more sensitive to external temperature, although this being SoCal, it might just be that these happen to be the two days of the year that we are somewhat close to experiencing cold weather.

Noting else to report, the car is still dark blue.

The problem with the preheating is (since 2019.36) that it does not preheat the battery when preheating the cabin any longer (you can see it in the app, no battery icon while on Climate control), which is really stupid (!), as you will have no Regen, or very limited, on the first miles, and a very high consumption.

40.2.3 did not fix it, but Tesla seemingly knows about it.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
am seeing dashed yellow lines in the morning now - on power out and regen. Also 'feels' less powerful. and can confirm more energy used per mile.
definitely measures to protect the battery, but not happy about the changes

• Informative
Reactions: MtotheC
Got it this morning on my 2015 MS85D. Car still has 264 mile range after 40k miles so very little degradation. Will be driving it later today and on a 300 mile trip tomorrow. Will report back anything interesting.
The car "has" 264 miles of range? Or the car displays 264 miles of range? Big difference.
Mine has always displayed a full charge range of around 285 miles (2016 Model S, 90D). But actual range is 200-220 miles. And after correcting to the unobtainable 277wh/mile, it is only 240.