Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.7 - Issues After Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2019.40.50.7 last night and this morning found the following bugs when backing out of the garage:

1.) Black backup camera
2.) Mirrors didn't unfold for about 2 miles (normally unfold about 50 feet from the garage)
3.) Navigation display shows car at home. Map can be manipulated normally but car location doesn't change
4.) No AP or TACC (had to actually steer 37 miles to work...ugh:cool:)

Tried the two-wheel reboot before I hit the freeway but no change. Tried again in work parking lot, no change.

Hopefully after the car sleeps for a bit there will be some improvement. Otherwise not sure what next steps are.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Installed 2019.40.50.7 last night and this morning found the following bugs when backing out of the garage:

1.) Black backup camera
2.) Mirrors didn't unfold for about 2 miles (normally unfold about 50 feet from the garage)
3.) Navigation display shows car at home. Map can be manipulated normally but car location doesn't change
4.) No AP or TACC (had to actually steer 37 miles to work...ugh:cool:)

Tried the two-wheel reboot before I hit the freeway but no change. Tried again in work parking lot, no change.

Hopefully after the car sleeps for a bit there will be some improvement. Otherwise not sure what next steps are.
i just had this happen to me but on 50.1. last night did a reboot in a parking lot a couple miles from the house because the car was acting weird. then it stopped tracking car location. got home and it showed gps location at that parking lot still. did a power-off, waited a few minutes. rebooted it, same issue. then 50.7 software update showed up, tried to install twice, and it failed.

So install failed, car gps stopped working, and one other issue, unrelated, so opened a service appointment/ticket. we'll see.

Well I walked out to the car after work, got in and the first screen looked the same with the car location stuck on home.

Then while I was starting up Waze for the drive home, all of a sudden the screen changes to my actual location.

The drive home was uneventful and all features worked perfectly. Go figure!

So didn’t have to do the hard reset but familiar with the process for NEXT time!!

Thank you for all the replies!

Well I walked out to the car after work, got in and the first screen looked the same with the car location stuck on home.

Then while I was starting up Waze for the drive home, all of a sudden the screen changes to my actual location.

The drive home was uneventful and all features worked perfectly. Go figure!

So didn’t have to do the hard reset but familiar with the process for NEXT time!!

Thank you for all the replies!

It can take some time for Tesla's to update fully once download is completed. NOA can take a few miles driving before it settles down or even works.
My M3 is downloading 50.7 as I type this. I would like to take it for drive as soon as the download is completed but no point due to previous experience with updates.

after install my phone (iPhone 11 pro with iOS 13.3) as key is not working. Several drives now where I had to unlock by going into app...I reconnected the phone and added new enhanced Bluetooth features (enable notifications for texts).

Haven’t had this issue before, hoping it doesn’t continue...