Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Not Functioning After HW4 FSD Beta Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the new software last night, but now my GPS won't update and still thinks the car ('23 MS Plaid) is in my garage. Obviously, the car won't activate Autopilot as I'm driving because it thinks its off road.

Tried the scroll wheel reboot twice on the way to work, but that didn't change anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Talked to Tesla CS. Tried powering down the car and deleting home/work addresses from navigation. Neither of these worked either. I can't imagine this is a hardware issue, the GPS worked fine 3 days ago.

So scheduled the car for service, but nothing available till September 18th. What a bummer.

Installed the new software last night, but now my GPS won't update and still thinks the car ('23 MS Plaid) is in my garage. Obviously, the car won't activate Autopilot as I'm driving because it thinks its off road.

Tried the scroll wheel reboot twice on the way to work, but that didn't change anything. Anyone else have this problem?
Yep… have the same issue— and also the wipers now go off twice when I wake up the car. Reboots were unsuccessful and now I have to bring the car in for service a week from today. Definitely caused by the recent software update. Crazy that Tesla doesn’t do more quality testing before rolling out something like this.

Another weird anomaly I noticed after downloading the update is that the car is “processing” even when put it to sleep now. That is, even if powered off there is a buzzing from the display. Are you noticing this as well?

Talked to Tesla CS. Tried powering down the car and deleting home/work addresses from navigation. Neither of these worked either. I can't imagine this is a hardware issue, the GPS worked fine 3 days ago.

So scheduled the car for service, but nothing available till September 18th. What a bummer.
Same here. 2023 MSP. On 2023.26.9. GPS Way off or not moving at all. Did all the same as you to fix it, but no deal. Left the car outside too 5 hours, and did a power off for 15 minutes-No fix. Also soonest appointment is 18 Sept. Alas this morning it's mysteriously started working again perfectly? God only knows??