Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.5.15 - No Sentry mode for S & X ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty pathetic move by Tesla... The Model S and X built this company and making us wait for features the Model 3 has is ridiculously unacceptable. My Tesla support is eroded on an almost daily basis at this point...

Jeff

Try and give Tesla benefit of the doubt. The 3 really has different hardware than the S and X.

As Spock said: "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few".

If they don't make it, your X will be your LAST Tesla because no one will make another.

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
Try and give Tesla benefit of the doubt. The 3 really has different hardware than the S and X.

As Spock said: "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few".

If they don't make it, your X will be your LAST Tesla because no one will make another.

Quite a noble stance you're taking. IMHO, nothing should ever come to the 3 before the S/X, ever. For starters the S/X are more expensive cars not to mention they actually built this company...

Jeff

Quite a noble stance you're taking. IMHO, nothing should ever come to the 3 before the S/X, ever. For starters the S/X are more expensive cars not to mention they actually built this company...

Jeff

It may not be practical in your case but I would recommend you get a 3 or Y (if you can replace another car with it). Get the cheapest version, and have cake and sandwich. Only drawside is having to pay for both. :(

"If you can't beat them, join them?"

I totally get where you are coming from. It makes complete sense that the S and X should be the flagship cars. Though the current 3 has the most advanced hardware, the most market share, and the most important to the company.

If you have two kids thrown in the ocean and you can only save 1 what do you do? One of the options also dooms the rest of your family as well.

All S/X owners have is past glory and past exclusivity. Unfortunate but it is what it is. :/

Reactions: MarkS22
It may not be practical in your case but I would recommend you get a 3 or Y (if you can replace another car with it). Get the cheapest version, and have cake and sandwich. Only drawside is having to pay for both. :(

"If you can't beat them, join them?"

I totally get where you are coming from. It makes complete sense that the S and X should be the flagship cars. Though the current 3 has the most advanced hardware, the most market share, and the most important to the company.

If you have two kids thrown in the ocean and you can only save 1 what do you do? One of the options also dooms the rest of your family as well.

All S/X owners have is past glory and past exclusivity. Unfortunate but it is what it is. :/

Nice analogy... :) I'm not interested in the 3 until it has some pretty basic features like a heated steering wheel and an auto open/close trunk... That and air suspension... :)

Jeff

Pretty pathetic move by Tesla... The Model S and X built this company and making us wait for features the Model 3 has is ridiculously unacceptable. My Tesla support is eroded on an almost daily basis at this point..
Tesla does not have to release new features simultaneously across all models. I have a 3 (now with Sentry Mode) and I have an X (no Sentry Mode right now). It doesn’t bother me that the two cars are not completely in sync regarding features. They will be. To say that situation is “ridiculously unacceptable” strikes me as hyperbole. First World problem, yes. Sky falling? No.

Reactions: instigator
Pretty pathetic move by Tesla... The Model S and X built this company and making us wait for features the Model 3 has is ridiculously unacceptable. My Tesla support is eroded on an almost daily basis at this point...

Jeff

I agree. It's kinda unheard of. But I've seen this before in other small companies. Their mass market product gets the attention while their flagship goes stale.

This is not a small company though and they remove the incentives from buying their flagship high margin products.

The hardware is the same. Unsure what the holdup is

Last edited:
Tesla does not have to release new features simultaneously across all models. I have a 3 (now with Sentry Mode) and I have an X (no Sentry Mode right now). It doesn’t bother me that the two cars are not completely in sync regarding features. They will be. To say that situation is “ridiculously unacceptable” strikes me as hyperbole. First World problem, yes. Sky falling? No.

So you're okay with the fact that a car you paid substantially more for from the same company has less features and functionality than the car that's much cheaper? I honestly can't wrap my head around how anyone could be okay with that...

The more expensive cars from ALL other car manufacturers out there get the new stuff first before it works its way down into the cheaper models, Tesla should be no different here. I'm really sick and tired of the mental gymnastics Tesla does to justify screwing over S/X owners when it comes to the 3... S/X owners built this company, they should never have to wait for anything at any time over any other model and I don't really care if that comes off wrong to some. The EAP/FSD pricing fiasco is a perfect example, Model 3 owners whined and cried because life's not fair and because it was the Model 3, Tesla caved and screwed over all of us. This isn't how things should work and it's further evidence of just how incompetent the company really is...

To be clear, I'm not angry or whatever as I get it as a first world problem but that doesn't mean I can't complain. I just don't want to give the impression that I'm actually "angry" or whatever.

Jeff

Reactions: emmz0r
So you're okay with the fact that a car you paid substantially more for from the same company has less features and functionality than the car that's much cheaper? I honestly can't wrap my head around how anyone could be okay with that...

The more expensive cars from ALL other car manufacturers out there get the new stuff first before it works its way down into the cheaper models, Tesla should be no different here. I'm really sick and tired of the mental gymnastics Tesla does to justify screwing over S/X owners when it comes to the 3... S/X owners built this company, they should never have to wait for anything at any time over any other model and I don't really care if that comes off wrong to some. The EAP/FSD pricing fiasco is a perfect example, Model 3 owners whined and cried because life's not fair and because it was the Model 3, Tesla caved and screwed over all of us. This isn't how things should work and it's further evidence of just how incompetent the company really is...

To be clear, I'm not angry or whatever as I get it as a first world problem but that doesn't mean I can't complain. I just don't want to give the impression that I'm actually "angry" or whatever.

Jeff

Jeff - I don’t disagree and am a bit annoyed it hasn’t been released yet to the Model S - though my understanding from reading other forums and reviews is that Snetry Mode still has a lot of bugs and the roll out to the Model 3 was to resolve those before rolling it out to the Flagship vehicles. It is others opinions that Model S and X customers are more common to complain about buggy software on their rides. Frankly I think Tesla should allow its owners to take part in an Insider program similar to what Microsoft does with Office. You opt in to get earlier releases but also know that it won’t be perfect and that your feedback on the bugs is expected and desired.

That said some of the other strategies out of Tesla lately have been suspect for Model S and X owners - namely dropping the price by $20k for no real apparent reason mid model year (though I expect this to be fully reversed next week) and dropping the referral program which seemed to be a pretty good customer acquisition program with what I suspect are pretty reasonable cost per acquisition results. The price drop is the most puzzling and frankly the biggest slap in the face in my opinion for existing customers - especially those with an S or an X that is less than a year old (heck they would owe more on their current vehicle than a new one would cost right now if they financed it).

Reactions: SuitNtie